General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
USER AGENT FROM K-MELEON 1.7DB+ PLEASE
Posted by: Messi
Date: October 28, 2012 01:28PM

I wish to give the user agent K-Meleon 1.7 db + since I want to extract, copy and paste it in the version 1.6db +, since the user agent of the version 1.7dB + is the most compatible, help please, as I could not remove. Thank you very much!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: USER AGENT FROM K-MELEON 1.7DB+ PLEASE
Posted by: rodocop
Date: October 28, 2012 06:29PM

Try new KM Twin+ - it inherits many features from db+ builds including UserAgent string.

Moreover, KM Twin consists of both 1.6 and 1.7 KMs, based on db+ builds.

Date: October 28, 2012 06:29PM

and the string is:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.28) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28

Date: October 28, 2012 09:59PM

Thanks rodocop, but download the K-Meleon Twins but could not unzip it, and copy and paste it in the K-Meleon folder but I still have problems with the user agent: I would like to know how to extract the user agents of 1.7dB + version or tell me K-Meleon Twin works, thanks

Date: October 29, 2012 08:40AM

you need 7z archiver to extract KM Twin+

In order to change user agent you need go to Tools->User Agent->Custom and paste my given string there.

If you need it to be your permanent UA - then go to Edit->Configuration->Browser Configuration - new tab will open with about:config page.
Type useragent and only few strings will remain.

Look for general.useragent.override string - and 'Enter string value' window will open. Clear field contents and paste there your new UA-string from my post.
Be sure you've selected all the line (it's too long and don't fit into forum standard width sometime)

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: October 29, 2012 09:05AM

Dear rodocop,

thank you so much for your excellent build that I am using since its release. For the first since long we do not need any other browser to see all the pages on the internet.

So far no big problems at all, on the contrary we can view htlm5 pages without a problem now using the Google chrome frame.

Still two things tough :

* in google mail in 1.6 the messages in inbox and send show no content at all whereas in drafts they do - is there a setting (cookie or something) to be changed for that (no problems in hotmail etc.)
Up to now that never has been a problem in the 1.6 dbug-builds.
I have to admit that is working fine in the twin 1.7.

* the "send page to"-item in the menu of 1.6 works fine for Internet Explorer, Webkit and Trident but not for K-Meleon 1.7 - nothing is happening at all.

Hopefully you can give some clues to remedy the above.

Thx a lot again for this fine build.

Greetings from a very much dedicated k-meleonaire

Mala Okeh

Date: October 30, 2012 09:29AM

Hi Rodocop: I have installed the latest version of 7zip but I could not unzip the K-Meleon Twin: not what the problem is but it always worked perfect 7zip and decompressor is best for my opinion. Hopefully soon resolve the problem with the story and remember user name and password in 1.7dB + version

Date: October 30, 2012 06:24PM

Messi,
I think you have broken download.

7z-file must be 17 753 241 bytes in size.

Date: October 30, 2012 09:08PM

Incorrect Response

Hi rodocop: Finally I could install K-Meleon Twin and replace files K-Meleon 1.6 dB + by K-Meleon Twin but I have trouble accessing GMAIL www.gmail.com), this is the message:

Incorrect Response

This document cannot be displayed unless you install the Personal Security Manager (PSM). Download and install PSM and try again, or contact your system administrator.

The site responded to the network request in an unexpected way and the browser cannot continue.

Date: October 30, 2012 11:10PM

try to unpack Twin in new empty folder - not replacing db+.

If you need your old profile - you can use special extension to backup profile

Posted by: Otto
Date: November 29, 2012 09:24PM

Hello friends! I wonder if you can add in version 1.7 db + the ability to remember username and password: I tested this latest version and the only problems I found are these.
On the other hand, I also tried the version 1.6 db + and I wonder if this version I can add the user agent of version 1.7 db +: please help, are small settings you want to do but only you know how to set up a K-Meleon.
And finally, K-Meleon probe Twins but basically has all the same as the versions 1.6 and 1.7 db db + + with some additions, like the Chrome Frame, which I do not use at all. I hope your help!
Thank you very much!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.