General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
permissions.sqlite
Posted by: martinw2
Date: April 15, 2015 12:55PM

K-Meleon/74.0
I have now found there are lists of sites in the above file. Not sure if these are cookies, but does anyone know if sites can read this file? It seems googles spying activities are now so widespread it is impossible to avoid their crap being dumped on your HD. The links below were after just visiting startpage, but I get similar after visting almost any website that uses google for data collection.
------------------------------------------------------------------
?cdn.syndication.twimg.comsts/subd0 ? cdn.syndication.twimg.comsts/use߯¡ñ1) ;syndication.twitter.comsts/subd. ; syndication.twitter.comsts/use߯«·à" -www.facebook.comsts/subd' - www.facebook.comsts/useP[ÚÜ­! +apis.google.comsts/subd& + apis.google.comsts/useOEÃy 'startpage.comsts/subd$ ' startpage.comsts/useTfñÚ

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: permissions.sqlite
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: April 15, 2015 02:29PM

You have a discussion and explanations here:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,130161

Read it from beginning to end. Don't do a quick read because all is explained there.

Please avoid post these things in the bugs subforum. It is how Gecko browsers work. Try to ask in the General first.

Guenter, please, move.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: April 15, 2015 08:01PM

Moved to extensions?

To General I would do... xD

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 16, 2015 08:31PM

Your wish is my order. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: martinw2
Date: April 17, 2015 09:55AM

Thank you. I found the simple solution was to set the permissions.sqlite file to 'read only' as suggested in the discussion. That does not seem to affect any web site activity such as logging in to bank accounts and other sites. Just means no junk dumped in that file.

Martin

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.