General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Restore Remember Password
Posted by: piskie
Date: January 28, 2012 03:31PM

I accidentally opted NOT to remember Password for a particular site.
As this is a site I log into several times a day, it is quite a nuisance to have to type in User and Password each time.
Any new sites I access are prompted for remember or not and that works fine, so the feature is not turned off.

So how can I get K-Meleon to accept and remember User and Password for the site that I told it not to ??

I am running K-Meleon v0.9 on Windows XP Professional.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Restore Remember Password
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 28, 2012 10:44PM

piskie
I accidentally opted NOT to remember Password for a particular site.
As this is a site I log into several times a day, it is quite a nuisance to have to type in User and Password each time.
Any new sites I access are prompted for remember or not and that works fine, so the feature is not turned off.

So how can I get K-Meleon to accept and remember User and Password for the site that I told it not to ??

I am running K-Meleon v0.9 on Windows XP Professional.
Thanks in advance for any help.

The value that prevents it now is stored in the password file.

The name of the passwords file is a random number plus .s (e.g. on my PC 27789186.s).

The file is in %appdata%/K-Meleon/... or in ./program files/k-meleon/profiles/...

The value You are searching to replace with nothing (delete) is in my case:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net

Because it was 6 years ago that I used K-Meleon 0.9 - I did not remember what it was & where it was stored and had to try. I tested with the loggin value and password here at kmeleon.sourceforge.net.

So in Your case it should be something like

www.your-particular-site.com

PLEASE WORK WITH A BACKUP OF THE PASSWORDS FILE.

Alternative: You can purge the passwords file altogether.

p.s. The current K-Meleon Versions 1.5.4 & 1.6beta have a password manager with a graphical user interface. They are as lean with their resource usage as K-Meleon 0.9 was. They can be installed & used parallel with 0.9 if they are set up not as default but e.g. as ./program files/K-Meleon1.5.4 in new program directory with a new name.

Mabye update Your K-Meleon a little? smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2012 12:53PM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.