General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Toggle Toolbars ?
Posted by: Theodore
Date: March 13, 2015 11:58AM

How do you toggle the toolbars on or off? Is there a keyboard shortcut? I can't see any menu options using a right mouse click. I managed to turn off all the toolbars including the url navagation toolbar using a right mouse click and now I can find no way to turn any of them back on. Thanks in advance for any help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Toggle Toolbars ?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 13, 2015 12:22PM

Look under the VIEW menu for an item named "Toolbars" and click that. It will open a list of toolbars where the check mark means visible and no check mark means not visible.

Date: March 13, 2015 01:11PM

I don't have a view menu showing. The only things showing are the tabs to sites I have open.

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 13, 2015 02:29PM

Theodore
How do you toggle the toolbars on or off? Is there a keyboard shortcut? I can't see any menu options using a right mouse click. I managed to turn off all the toolbars including the url navagation toolbar using a right mouse click and now I can find no way to turn any of them back on. Thanks in advance for any help.

F11 (Full Screen) toggles all bars. I assume You did that. There is also a menu item to do that with the mouse. Right click got You into the menue and then U left clicked on the item F11 Full Screen.

All browsers use F11 for that.

If You did something else to get You into Your predicament?

"Alt A" opens the menue item (that JamesD referred 2) in a German interface.

It should be "Alt V" on an English system/K-Meleon.
But I cannot test whether it does. I am German.
That is the most common thing people have done.
When they cannot find they way back.

F2 lets You access Preferences. There You can access/change what is shown on Full Screen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2015 09:50PM by guenter.

Date: March 13, 2015 03:55PM

Great, thanks! Alt-V does the trick. I get a menu where I can do what I need. When there are no toolbars, menus, url field, etc - just tabs showing, there is no right click anywhere that gives the menu that Alt-V does. You can get a tab menu by right clicking on a tab but that is it. Thanks again . . .

Posted by: siria
Date: March 13, 2015 06:38PM

Cool grinning smiley

guenter
It should be "Alt V" on an English system/K-Meleon.
But I cannot test whether it does. I am German.

F2 > GUI > English, then open a new window.
The Alt-Shortcuts are just the underlined characters.

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 13, 2015 09:48PM

Ich hatte aber keine Lust zum Umschalten und er kann ruhig wissen, woher ich bin.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.