General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bookmark/Favorites question
Posted by: siria
Date: March 03, 2015 07:59PM

Not everything needs to be done by manually editing text files. Especially for customizing Bookmarks there are *4* tabs in the Options sheet to choose all sorts of settings, incl. showing a button at all or not ;-)
(Just not for menu on left-click button)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: foliator
Date: March 04, 2015 12:53AM

siria
Not everything needs to be done by manually editing text files. Especially for customizing Bookmarks there are *4* tabs in the Options sheet to choose all sorts of settings, incl. showing a button at all or not ;-)
(Just not for menu on left-click button)

Well, when all is said and done, siria, I like your solution the best, because now I have the proper bookmarks icon (the star) on the main toolbar, but am able to left-click it to show the bookmark dropdown list, the same way the other button works on the bookmarks toolbar, which I've hidden.

The main bar, the tab bar and the status bar are the only ones showing now. As we discussed in another thread, I've also done away with the title bar. To free up some space on the main bar for long URLs, I've moved the configuration bar onto it at the left, since I've only allowed 3 buttons: history, compact menu and bookmarks. All that modification, but without any loss of functionality or convenience! :cool:

Probably it's worth mentioning here that I'm using the AuraAlpha(Compact) skin. I don't have a personal website or an account with an online storage site, so I can't provide a link to a screenshot.

Posted by: Rain
Date: November 18, 2015 04:08PM

Apologies if i'm a bit hard headed but could someone please give me step-by-step moron-proof instructions on how i can configure K-Meleon 75.1 (default skin) in order to access the bookmarks by Left-Click instead of Righr-click when i click the bookmarks/favorites icon?

I'd like to acomplish this without having "ghost" icons in my toolbar if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Date: November 18, 2015 06:05PM

The prob in February was that there was no preconfigured icon yet for the menu. Luckily Dorian has added it then, so things got easier:

Edit > Configuration > Toolbars
Remove the red part in the text file that appears, save and Restart:
bookmarks(Add)|&Bookmarks

Recommand to also update the tooltip text in the next line.

Date: November 18, 2015 07:06PM

@siria

It works now, thank you very much siria!

Recommand to also update the tooltip text in the next line.

Tooltip? Next line? :s

Date: November 18, 2015 08:01PM

Ouf grinning smiley

A Tooltip is the tiny popup text that appears when the mouse hovers over a button. The original button says that clicking the bookmarks button will "add" a bookmark, but you changed this to show only the menu, so this info is now misleading:

Bookmarks{
bookmarks(Add)|&Bookmarks
Add Bookmark. Right-click for more options.
}

Date: November 18, 2015 09:58PM

I know what a tooltip is -.-"

It's just that there are a zillion tooltips in there... As you can see, i'm a little new at this, so adding/editing lines in KM is no walk in the park for me. At least untill i get used to it that is tongue sticking out smiley

Final edit result:

Bookmarks{
(space) &Bookmarks
(space) Show Bookmarks. Right-click for more options.

Thanks for you're help and patience siria. smiling smiley

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.