General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Adblock plus - What we miss in KM74?
Posted by: WASI
Date: October 09, 2014 09:03PM

I've installed ABP and running KM74, nice, and it works to as far as the blocking is concerned.
BUT... am i missing something or these were omitted?
1- Right click on ABP icon, or on an item on the page, no menu for
  • Open Blockable Items
  • Block this..
In KM 16, It was just a piece of cake to view the blockable items and then select which to block.
It was also easy just to right click on an item on a page and select "Block this" item.
Where are these options?
Also, just a glitch in my ming, can I install ABP 1.3 (meant for Km 1.6) on KM 74? or will I get those missing things back again if i install the old ABP 1.3?
No thanks in Advance smiling smiley
I love this browser and I am so happy with it, feels like i never used IE and, where is the FF on my disk?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adblock plus - What we miss in KM74?
Posted by: George Hall
Date: October 10, 2014 01:37AM

WASI
I've installed ABP and running KM74, nice, and it works to as far as the blocking is concerned.
  • Open Blockable Items
  • Block this..
In KM 16, It was just a piece of cake to view the blockable items and then select which to block.
It was also easy just to right click on an item on a page and select "Block this" item.
Where are these options?
Also, just a glitch in my ming, can I install ABP 1.3 (meant for Km 1.6) on KM 74? or will I get those missing things back again if i install the old ABP 1.3?
I love this browser and I am so happy with it, feels like i never used IE and, where is the FF on my disk?

The Adblock Plus macoro does not have "open blockable items" and "Block This" defined.

Besides Manualy Block Web Addresses in Adblock Plus are not blocked until you restart the K-Meleon 74 Browser for some reason.

The macros needs to be updated to do those things.

K-Meleon.org makes no warranties that 3rd party addons work
Posted by: guenter
Date: October 10, 2014 06:26AM

The support and the development of external, 3rd party addons is the job of its creators.

George Hall
WASI
  • Open Blockable Items
  • Block this..
Where are these options?

The Adblock Plus macoro does not have "open blockable items" and "Block This" defined.

Besides Manualy Block Web Addresses in Adblock Plus are not blocked until you restart the K-Meleon 74 Browser for some reason.

The macros needs to be updated to do those things.

<rant - drool >You are right they are missing and must be updated. Thanks that You two volunteer to do it. </rant - drool>

I posted this before.

Adblock plus is a commercial entity from Germany. It is selling a good product. :O

K-Meleon is an international freeware browser community. Its devs make a browser using the Mozilla Gecko engine. The basic services are based on an alternative macro language. It has a skinable GUI based on native windows wigets/mfcembed code.

It is not about creating or supporting Adblock plus or another ad blocker. It is not the job of the K-Meleon developers to do other devs commercial jobs.

I have nothing against Ablock Plus to the contrary I like its original creator. Wladimir Paland has always supported K-Meleon in the past.

For addon You can get some individual forum help from other users but not more.

Greetings to Pakistan and the US from Germany

p.s. I use another adblocker that also only partially functions for K-Meleon.
I have not asked to have it supported by the project.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 12:20PM by guenter.

Re: K-Meleon.org makes no warranties that 3rd party addons work
Posted by: WASI
Date: October 10, 2014 02:19PM

Thanks you guys, guenter and George,

it means that ABP ver 1.3 for KM16, has those things defined in its macro? so if I install ABP 1.3 on KM 74, will it show those menu? any way I am going to install ABP ver 1.3, though chances i guess are poor for any success.

You are right they are missing and must be updated. Thanks that You two volunteer to do it.

Lol guenter, I wish I would be a programmer that I am not, I dont know any programing language, except (non-programing) html and hit-n-try version of JS.
And oh, I just came to know that Wladimir Paland is no longer the developer of ABP, and that ABP is now a commercial entity. I already felt something different while I was surfing the ABP site. so that is it.
Sticking to the main point, I only seek some help in the ABP issue, or any other Adblocker that works with KM74?
I have been using KM since 2009, and this browser made me love it. So naturally I want KM to be better.
Please let me know which Adblocker you are using?

I am using host file mainly to its limmits, also I was able to install ExeExePermission on KM 74, a nice addon, and I hope there will be a solution for Adblocking addon.
Greetings to Germany and the US from Pakistan smiling smiley
Thanks

Try the Ablock Plus Macro by naruman.
Posted by: guenter
Date: October 10, 2014 06:04PM

Sorry Sir,

I do not recommend going back to older versions of adblock addon itself. Especially not to those with the adblock.dll in ./kplugins.
It was bleeding memory!

But the older kml macros still work, they are on the K-Meleon extension pages. They are extracted and posted them somewhere I think. I attached the older 1.1 one that adds a button to toolbars. AFAIK it plays with the new addon You installed already.

I was pulling You leg because of our RFD. I know the You are no dev neither am I.

Look here siria's collection of new things: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,129880,129880#msg-129880

Maybe use Forum search for Adblock to find even more info.

If nothing else helps: naruman has published a 74b4+1 version that tests extensions. It has a full install of adblock plus including the macro below. adblockplus.kmm. Maybe You could try all that first before You start to create something or ask that it is updated by K-Meleon devs. grinning smiley

If it does not play with Your install of the current addon?

You could for example try to update his version with the exes and dlls from release.

I short do not give up until You are out of ideas what You can try if You are no dev.

Greetings to Karachi from Hannover

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ---------- adblockplus(special update-no k-plugin)----------------

$_tool_path=getfolder(RootFolder)."\\Tools";
$adblockplus_enabled="extensions.adblockplus.enabled";
$adblockplus_Firstrun="extensions.adblockplus.firstrun";
$adblockplus_FlashJava="extensions.adblockplus.frameobjects";
$adblockplus_placeholders="extensions.adblockplus.fastcollapse";
$adblockplus_Count="extensions.adblockplus.savestats";
$adblockplus_EditSite="extensions.adblockplus.EditSite";
$adblockplus_BlockItem="extensions.adblockplus.Blockitem";
$adblockplus_BlockitemType="extensions.adblockplus.BlockitemType";

adblockplusFilters{
$OpenURL="chrome://adblockplus/content/ui/filters.xul";
&OpenURL_InNewWindow;

}

adblockplusItems{

setpref(STRING,$adblockplus_EditSite, $URL);
open("about:adblockplus");
}

abDisable{
menuchecked=getpref(BOOL,$adblockplus_enabled);
togglepref(BOOL,$adblockplus_enabled);
 $abstatusbar=sub("%s",getpref(BOOL,$adblockplus_enabled)?"disabled":"enabled","adblock plus %s");
statusbar($abstatusbar);
}

adOptionsFlashJava{
menuchecked=getpref(BOOL,$adblockplus_FlashJava);
togglepref(BOOL,$adblockplus_FlashJava);
}
adOptionsplaceholders{
menuchecked=getpref(BOOL,$adblockplus_placeholders);
togglepref(BOOL,$adblockplus_placeholders);
}

adOptionsCount{
menuchecked=getpref(BOOL,$adblockplus_Count);
togglepref(BOOL,$adblockplus_Count);
}

adblockplus_image{
menugrayed=(hostname($URL)=="");
setpref(STRING,$adblockplus_BlockItem, $ImageURL);
setpref(STRING,$adblockplus_BlockitemType, "image");
$OpenURL="chrome://adblockplus/content/ui/KMcomposer.xul"; 
&OpenURL_InNewWindow;
}

_adblockplus_BuildMenu{
setmenu("&Tools",popup,"Adblock Plus",6);
setmenu("Adblock Plus",macro,"Enable everywhere",abDisable);
setmenu("Adblock Plus",macro,"Filter preferences",adblockplusFilters);
setmenu("Adblock Plus",separator,-1);

setmenu("Adblock Plus",macro,"Live Block items on this page",adblockplusItems);
setmenu("Adblock Plus",separator,-1);
setmenu("Adblock Plus",popup,"Options",6);
setmenu("Options",macro,"Show tabs on Flash and Java",adOptionsFlashJava);
setmenu("Options",separator,-1);
setmenu("Options",macro, "Show placeholders of blocked elements",adOptionsplaceholders);
setmenu("Options",separator,-1);
setmenu("Options",macro,"Count filter hits",adOptionsCount);

setmenu(ImageProperties,macro,"Adblock Image",adblockplus_image);

}

adblockplus_BuildToolbar{
$abptip=_("Toggle Adblockplus|Right-click for Options");
pluginmsg(toolbars,"AddToolbar","Adblock Plus,16,16","");
pluginmsg(toolbars,"AddButton","Adblock Plus,adblockplus,macros(abDisable),Adblock Plus,".$abptip.",16,16,adblockplus.bmp[1],adblockplus.bmp[0]","");
} 

adblockplus_sync{
$__c="CheckButton"; $__m=",macros(pref_Toggle";
$__toolbar="Adblock Plus";
pluginmsg(toolbars,$__c,$__toolbar.$__m."Popups),".(getpref(BOOL,$adblockplus_enabled)?1:0));
}

adblockplus_firstrun{
$abfirstrun=getpref(BOOL,$adblockplus_Firstrun);
	if($abfirstrun){
	setpref(BOOL,$adblockplus_Firstrun, false);
	$OpenURL="chrome://adblockplus/content/ui/firstRun.xul";
	&OpenURL_InNewWindow;

}
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."_adblockplus_BuildMenu;";
$OnStartup=$OnStartup."adblockplus_firstrun;";
$OnSetup=$OnSetup."adblockplus_BuildToolbar;";
# ---------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."adblockplus;";

p.s. Some time ago Wladimir Paland was informed that quality content can not be finaced or re-finanzed when You totally block adds. He made a joint fenture with the guy that researched on it and some others. Adblock now has a white-list. IMHO that is legitimate and good for the serfer. But they not K-Meleon.org derive somthing from the white-list... if a profit is made.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 07:24PM by guenter.

Attachments: ADB+.zip (2.3 KB)  

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.