General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
plugin Adobe Flash Player 10
Posted by: tintindemezens
Date: December 08, 2010 12:50PM

I want to know how to integrate the plugin Adobe Flash Player 10 to Kameleon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: plugin Adobe Flash Player 10
Posted by: noremorse
Date: December 08, 2010 02:34PM

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/mplug.htm - unzip and copy NPSWF32.dll to K-Meleon plugins folder, there is no need to install flashplayer.exe.
To test your current flash player visit http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 08, 2010 02:54PM

Download & Install Adobe Flash Player 10 from the Producer (choose install for Mozilla when offered - Internet Explorer uses another plugin, activeX.) or get the file from K-Meleon extension pages and extract it to 1.).

If You do not want flash to create tracer objects (flash cookies) or if You use the DLL from the K-Meleon extension pages.

place NPSWF32.dll to:

1.) c:\program files\k-meleon\plugins[b]NPSWF32.dll[/b]

After using the Producer's installer the file is usually in
2.) ./Windows/system32/macromed/flash/NPSWF32.dll

At location 2.) it is automatically found by K-Meleon.

If not? svp use set default(F2 & Definir K-Meleon comme navigator par default) and choose register as Mozilla product (that writes a key into registry - that makes that Mozilla plugins are found).

Bon chance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 02:57PM by guenter.

Posted by: duffy98
Date: December 08, 2010 03:43PM

... another good site for checking your Flash Player version is ...

http://www.duber.com/LetsTalk/playerCheck.html

usually very quick.

Posted by: slayer
Date: December 08, 2010 08:58PM

@guenter
You know, I had only the flash DLL in the plugins folder, but the cookies were created anyway. I'm using a flash cookie cleaner to delete all the traces.

Date: December 08, 2010 09:55PM

slayer
@guenter
You know, I had only the flash DLL in the plugins folder, but the cookies were created anyway. I'm using a flash cookie cleaner to delete all the traces.

Thx for the info. smiling smiley

Did they update to "improve" that? sad smiley

Or was it a long repeated myth?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 10:16PM by guenter.

Posted by: slayer
Date: December 08, 2010 10:58PM

I don't really know.:s
I have formatted my disk, and installed win98se. Then installed KM, and unzipped the flash 9 dll in the plugins folder. After that, the cookies were created in the Macromedia folder anyway.

Date: December 08, 2010 11:18PM

The same with XP SP3. All recent Npswf32.dlls do write objects. I have also tried with the different Npswf32.dlls from the extensions page.

I have flashblock installed - flash writes info to the hdd as soon as a flash film is activated. So I can see no way to completely switch off gathering objects. Each flash film You want to see can create an object. sad smiley

The plugins that did not write into user/%apdata%/macromedia... must be way back. sad smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 12:51AM by guenter.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 09, 2010 03:09AM

slayer
I don't really know.:s
I have formatted my disk, and installed win98se. Then installed KM, and unzipped the flash 9 dll in the plugins folder. After that, the cookies were created in the Macromedia folder anyway.

slayer,

Must be a w98se flash version kind of thing. I don't see that behavior at all in XP PRO SP3.. just the dll in plugins, no flash in c:\ windows\ macromedia\ flash at all and nothing written there of any kind.

N

Date: December 09, 2010 07:40AM

This .Dll seems to work.
Thank you

Date: December 09, 2010 09:51PM

tintindemezens
This .Dll seems to work.

Good to hear that You solved the flash problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 09:58PM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: December 09, 2010 10:27PM

ndebord
Must be a w98se flash version kind of thing. I don't see that behavior at all in XP PRO SP3.. just the dll in plugins, no flash in c:\ windows\ macromedia\ flash at all and nothing written there of any kind.

Hmm, is that really the %appdata% folder...?

Date: December 09, 2010 11:08PM

siria
ndebord

Hmm, is that really the %appdata% folder...?

That should AFAIK be the %apdata%/macromedia folder location on Windows 98. smiling smiley

And here comes the location of 2 flash objects one of which might well be a unique tracing object.

XP SP3 German Version with German path names.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 11:18PM by guenter.

Attachments: flash.gif (6 KB)  
Date: December 09, 2010 11:20PM

This is how userinfo6.sol inside displays as screenshot. It did not copy into cache, why?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 11:23PM by guenter.

Attachments: inhalt.gif (2.2 KB)  
Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 10, 2010 10:14PM

yes, i noticed the cookies after a 10 upgrade..i'm not sure which version. in windows 98 with another version there are still no flash cookies but perhaps i haven't tested enough there.
there's a simple extension on kmext to easily delete them..i think under privacy

Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 11, 2010 06:27PM

guenter
The same with XP SP3. All recent Npswf32.dlls do write objects. I have also tried with the different Npswf32.dlls from the extensions page.

I have flashblock installed - flash writes info to the hdd as soon as a flash film is activated. So I can see no way to completely switch off gathering objects. Each flash film You want to see can create an object. sad smiley

The plugins that did not write into user/%apdata%/macromedia... must be way back. sad smiley

Guenter,

Hmmm. I use npswf32.dll, as patched by disrupted: v. 10.1.102.64, (5,971,408 bytes)

N

Date: December 15, 2010 07:25PM

ok, K-Meleon reads *.swf;
Thank you.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: February 09, 2011 06:48PM

new flash player 10.2.152.26 released recently
get.adobe.com/flash

try this new version on a win98se/winme computer with K-meleon 1.5x/1.6x AND KernelEx 4.5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 06:53PM by 4td8s.

Date: February 09, 2011 07:16PM

The new plugin does not work with an out of the box on German WinME. The plugin is recognized by the browser but Youtube insists that I must install the plugin. sad smiley

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: February 09, 2011 07:46PM

Well, finally, hardware accelerated flash it's here, now, let's hope they enable in the next days (YouTube, Dailymotion, etc) on the flashplayer html vars.

Test video for it: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/stagevideo.html

It's a shame, guenter sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 07:46PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: February 10, 2011 05:01PM

guenter
The new plugin does not work with an out of the box on German WinME. The plugin is recognized by the browser but Youtube insists that I must install the plugin. sad smiley

bummer dude. and with final release of Flash Player 10.2 being posted on the Adobe Flash Player site, Adobe has now dropped all support for Flash Player 9.

I guess Win98/ME users are stuck with either FP9 (which is no longer being maintained by new security fixes) or FP 10.0/10.1 w/ KernelEx.

Date: February 10, 2011 06:04PM

Which is more old apps & OS support than MS does for Win98/ME. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2011 06:56PM by guenter.

Posted by: snuz2
Date: February 12, 2011 06:03AM

10.2 working on 98SE here.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.