General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
"View Cache" on Privacy Toolbar?
Posted by: Lost_Lizard
Date: December 10, 2010 08:33PM

Hello Folks!

New to K-Meleon; but really liking what I see so far smiling smiley

I've recently figured out enough to successfully edit the "toolbars.cfg" file. However, I want to have handy access to the cache from the Privacy toolbar; as I want to selectively download items such as YouTube videos on an as-needed basis. Having access to this functionality as a toolbar item would really help me!

So, could someone pass along the correct syntax for cut-and-paste into toolbars.cfg?

Also, if it's not too much to ask, is there a simple way by which one might be able to put some space between buttons on any particular toolbar?

Thanks again; and have a great day!

LL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "View Cache" on Privacy Toolbar?
Posted by: siria
Date: December 10, 2010 10:57PM

Hi LL,
not quite sure what you mean exactly, but there's a long list of default commands that can all be used:
http://two.xthost.info/kmeleon/lizard/commands.html

In case you just want quicker access to
Tools > Privacy > View Data > View Cache ?
that command seems to be it:
macros(moz_AboutCache)
Same effect if you go to "about:cache"

You can put that on a toolbar button, or create a shortcut key, or bookmark, or insert it in a menu...

-------
Thinking about it, this really wouldn't be bad in the 'View' menu smiling smiley
Edit > Configuration > Menus, and if you like add:

!NavEx{
View C&ache=macros(moz_AboutCache)
}

Adds it below View > Windows. There's just a stupid little bug if a skin or macro adds a 'rebarmenu' button, in that case it must be added to the global K-Meleon/defaults/settings/menus.cfg
-------

But okay, you prefer it on a toolbar button smiling smiley
An example that can be inserted in the middle of any toolbar in toolbars.cfg (in theory, haven't tried :coolsmiling smiley

View Cache{
macros(moz_AboutCache)
View Cache
menu.bmp[8]
menu.bmp[8]
}

Important! Give it the same number of bmp-lines as the neighbor buttons in the chosen toolbar, or you get a real mess at next start...
All text except the macro-command in line-2 is completely free to change. And chose any icon you like in your current skin folder, or create a new one. Above example is for klassic skin, the little mozzie icon from this website, although not really cache-related, just cute IMO grinning smiley

But do you know you can very easily create own toolbars?? That also adds a bit space at beginning and end. Must admit I was slightly shocked when one day I realized how easy it really is, and at the time I was already quite familiar with the browser - or so I thought!
So here's a second suggestion, for creating an own toolbar with a button command to view cache:
Edit > Configuration > Toolbars
and add anywhere, just not in the middle of another toolbar ;-)

#=======================================================
# MY BUTTONS (Choose any name you like for your toolbar)

My Buttons(16,16){

View Cache{
macros(moz_AboutCache)
View Cache
menu.bmp[8]
}

}

That said, if you meant some different command, just try replacing it with the one above ;-)

Ah yes, you can also insert little divider lines between buttons. Insert a line with just a hyphen between them:

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2010 11:01PM by siria.

Re: "View Cache" on Privacy Toolbar?
Posted by: Lost_Lizard
Date: December 11, 2010 10:07PM

@siria:

Awesome! Looks like I have a number of options here. And, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PEEK UNDER THE HOOD!!!

Just edited toolbars.cfg with your suggestion; and going down for a restart now. I'll fool around with the rest right away...

Prosit!

LL

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.