General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Can't log in now
Posted by: Jesper
Date: September 02, 2014 02:20PM

I downloaded the latest version of K-meleon so I could watch Youtube videos, but now I can't log in. Help, please!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't log in now
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: September 02, 2014 02:38PM

Please don't post these kind of things as bugs. They aren't problem with K-meleon programing. Thank you.

Regarding your problem, make sure that under Tools menu > Privacy you aren't blocking cookies, nor javascript.

Is google giving you some error or just loops trying to log in or something else?

Date: September 02, 2014 02:59PM

It says that I'm not blocking cookies nor javascript. But I can use my account with other browsers.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: September 02, 2014 03:16PM

Jesper
It says that I'm not blocking cookies nor javascript. But I can use my account with other browsers.

You should be more detailed then to understand what happens.

To me Youtube brings the Google Accounts page where I log in and I just enter youtube logged in. No trick, no magic :-?

As I said, detail if Google pages are showing you any error. What happens after at Google accounts page you enter your mail and password.

Posted by: siria
Date: September 02, 2014 04:31PM

Third-party cookies blocked?

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 02, 2014 06:32PM

Jesper

Hei,

Go to menu item View/Toolbars. Activate Privacy Bar. That way You have an eye on Cookies, JavaScript and such things. Whether they are on. & You can toggle them.

Next go to Youtube and log in with Your Youtube account mail address and password and make that the browser saves password and remaines logged in. Else use Google+ or other account that is accepted.

If this has been done Youtube sets a cookie. & Youtube will remember You on Your next visit as long as You have that cookie.

New browser versions need this sometimes.

mfG

p.s. K-Meleon 74 cannot use the cookies and password files of 1.5.4.

Date: September 02, 2014 07:53PM

Will try it later! I'm using an other browser now.

Date: September 03, 2014 02:24PM

Thank you for help grinning smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.