General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
New Sidki Configuration Set (10-23-2010) Out For Proxomitron
Posted by: duffy98
Date: October 26, 2010 04:38PM

If there are some here using Windows 98SE and K-Meleon with Proxomitron and the Sidki Configuration filter set ... he has released a new set of filters but with sad news. He will, I guess, be leaving the Proxomitron project. I had missed the announcement ... I knew a new config set was due at any time. I hope he will linger around but the project has taken a lot of his time.

----------------------------------

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24979425-Proxomitron-Sidki

Proxomitron Sidki

You may have seen the post from siljaline in the Security Product Vendors forum:
»[Free] Sidki's Proxomitron filter set Oct 23 2010

There is some other news from Sidki at The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum:
»prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?···0&page=3

Yesterday:

I am discontinuing work on Proxomitron now.

However, this isn't necessarily the end of this project. There is an extensive documentation for developers, containing matching examples for every piece of code (well, almost), explanations of filter expressions, etc.. Thus, no information is lost, and someone else (should be plural) could continue right where i left.

Some of this information and links aren't suitable for public entertainment, but JJoe has a copy. So, if sometime someone seriously wishes to continue with config development, just get in contact with him.

Have fun!

Sidki,
Thanks for all your hard work !!!

--------------------------------------

He will be sorely missed by many as his Proxomitron filter set was the best for Scott Lemmon's program, IMHO:

http://www.proxomitron.info/

sidki configuration set:

http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1687

*** Just will ad ... Proxomitron was originally made for Windows 98 (SE) but I have read that people also using XP are using Proxomitron ... not 100% sure about that or Vista. ... found this info:

System Requirements

The Proxomitron was originally developed on a Pentium 120, and will work fine on such a system depending on your connection speed and the number and types of filters you use. Faster connections (like DSL and Cable) may require more CPU horsepower to filter. It should also work fine on Win 95,98,ME,NT,2000, and XP.

About The Author:
Scott R. Lemmon originally developed the Proxomitron for his own use. He then decided to release it to the public and made himself available to users via email and in several Proxomitron user-discussion groups. His support, like his program, was always free.

With the release of Naoko 4.5, Scott discontinued all further development and support of his program and pulled the official home of Proxomitron off the Web. We respected his decision to move on and wished him all the best -- which is, after all, what he consistently gave to us.

Sadly, one year later, Scott died -- but his brilliance of mind and spirit lives on. Simply put, Proxomitron is a reflection of its creator: To know Scott's program . . . is to know Scott Lemmon.

duffy98 --- formerly (duffy2009)

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2010 05:08PM by duffy98.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Sidki Configuration Set (10-23-2010) Out For Proxomitron
Posted by: Drahken
Date: October 31, 2010 03:33AM

I've been using proxomitron on XP for years now, works just fine. No idea about vista/win7 though, nor if 64bit systems might be problematic.

----
"People who live in glass houses ....should close the friggin curtains!"

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.