General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
any way to keep task bar of windows 8.1 and hide title bar?
Posted by: chinarobin
Date: August 15, 2014 12:45AM

i want to hide status bar and title bar, which is no need for me, but whatever i toggle at the gui settings, it will hide windows task bar too, anyway to solve it?
thank!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2014 12:45AM by chinarobin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: any way to keep task bar of windows 8.1 and hide title bar?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 15, 2014 11:45AM

I think this does what you wish. Normal is false and hide is true.

pref("kmeleon.display.hideTitleBar", [false,true] );

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 15, 2014 02:41PM

Should be considered as a bug, I think.

If you hide the title bar the K-meleon windows are set to be always on top and almost as full screen (no actually but covers all the screen), that's why the task bar dissapears.

Also, should be included in the preferences window>gui section, the option to hide the title bar and not going through the process of edit/add a preference.

I think you shoud post this in the RC thread to be fixed, if possible.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 15, 2014 06:22PM

Since it was posted by Dorian some weeks ago, I added it to my "personal.js" in browser\default\preferences. I put things there so that I can find them again. This is especially good for items that do not normally exist in configuration file.
 // For hide or show the windows title bar [ so that the pref exists in configuration ]

pref("kmeleon.display.hideTitleBar", false);

If you have created this pref or added it your personal.js file, then the following macro might be useful.

displaytitlebar.kmm

#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
#
# ---------- displaytitlebar.kmm
# ---------- Toggle between titlebar show and hide ( requires restart )
#
# Dependencies        : main.kmm
# Resources           :   
# Preferences         : "kmeleon.display.hideTitleBar"
# Version             : 1.0  2014-08-15  		
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_displaytitlebar_toggle {
menuchecked=getpref( BOOL , "kmeleon.display.hideTitleBar" )==true;
togglepref(BOOL, "kmeleon.display.hideTitleBar");
alert(_("Restart of browser required for \ndisplay title bar change to take effect."));
}

_displaytitlebar_Build_Menu {
setmenu("Toolbars", macro, _("Hide Title bar"), "_displaytitlebar_toggle", -1);	
}

## - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
$OnInit=$OnInit."_displaytitlebar_Build_Menu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."displaytitlebar;";

JohnHell
If you hide the title bar the K-meleon windows are set to be always on top and almost as full screen (no actually but covers all the screen), that's why the task bar dissapears.

For me, hiding the title bar only covers the full screen if I have KM maximized. I am using 74 RC on Win 7. Also I don't understand the "always on top". If I click on window behind KM then that window gets the focus.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 15, 2014 06:56PM

JamesD
JohnHell

For me, hiding the title bar only covers the full screen if I have KM maximized. I am using 74 RC on Win 7. Also I don't understand the "always on top". If I click on window behind KM then that window gets the focus.

Maybe I said too much with always on top. It is what you said, it covers everything when maximized when title is hidden and looks on top of everything, including the task bar.

I think when title is hidden, shouldn't have that "dramatic" behavior. It is as if K-meleon was taking all the screen for itself, as it was always on top.

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: August 16, 2014 12:00AM

it works now, but the task bar become a little strange.many thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2014 07:29AM by chinarobin.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: August 17, 2014 07:34AM

Will be fixed in final release

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.