General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Sessions
Posted by: Willy
Date: October 07, 2010 10:30PM

How do I change the behavior of sessions so when I open a session from a currently open browser window it does not open another "NEW" browser window but in the currently open browser window.
K-meleon rocks!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sessions
Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 07, 2010 11:58PM

@ Willy

I don't think I understand fully the question that you posed. On my system, when I open a saved session the new page is displayed in my currently open window. Is this not happening on your system?

Date: October 08, 2010 12:17PM

What I mean is that I "already" have a browser windows open; but when I to open a session, it opens a "new" browser window; it does not open in the "old" browser window. I want the "session" to open in the "old" browser window. Thanks for replying.

Date: October 08, 2010 01:13PM

@ Willy

What version of KM are you using? I need this information so I can test the same version of KM.

I have tried some things on my system but I cannot make it do as you have described. You are sure your system is opening a new window and not just a tab? Does KM appear twice in the taskbar after loading the session?

Date: October 08, 2010 05:35PM

Version 1.5.4. windows xp pro w/sp3

Posted by: siria
Date: October 08, 2010 06:06PM

My understanding problem lies here:
In reality opening a stored "SESSION" makes that all currently open windows get closed first, and then all the stored session windows and tabs get reopened exactly as they were at the point of saving that session!
So I cannot make any sense out of your browser's behaviour, unless you are talking of something else and confusing the name?? Can you give the exact details where you click and what you do...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 06:07PM by siria.

Date: October 08, 2010 09:01PM

@ Willy

I just ran a test on my KM 1.5.4 - same ops sys as yours. I went to a page and did a right click on one link. From the right click menu I opened the link in a new window. With both windows open, I saved the session to the name 'test'. I closed KM and the re-started KM. While my home page was showing, I loaded the saved session called 'test'. I got two windows with the correct pages and my homepage was gone.

Is is possible that your saved session contained two windows?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.