General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Gestures and Windows Vista
Posted by: Dorian
Date: May 25, 2009 08:09PM

Here a version of the gesture plugin that should fix compatibility with aero.

Let me know if it works for you.

Attachments: gestures.dll (9 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gestures and Windows Vista
Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: May 27, 2009 10:20PM

i tested on vista home premium thing 32 bit.. i wasn't sure what the problem was at first with old gestures plugin. i tested on laptop with touchpad thing not a mouse so gestures is a bit of heaDACHE ESPECIALLY I'VE NEVER USED GESTURES BEFORE.
OLD GESTURES plugin worked fine but i only tested with back AND FORWARD PAGes only but it didn';t have problens with that the problem with it was with clicking on links either left or right click didn't load the link or bring up the link context menu.

the new gestures plugin works fine with gestures working normally both backward and forward pages and links are clickable with the right context menu/

it might need more testing but so far no problems, also my access to vista is only temporary

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: June 24, 2009 03:42PM

This gestures plugin still has problems under Aero (Tested at Windows 7 RC1 tho)

When using this gestures plugin, trying to select texts on some website is hard. When you try to select just a little piece of texts turns out selecting all texts above the one you wanted to select.

Posted by: k-hunter
Date: February 10, 2010 05:11PM

Hi

I'm having the exact same problem with your new plug-in, viz. the cursor does not select the right text once the new plug-in has been installed.

I was wondering whether someone had maybe found a solution to this problem?

Thanks

Posted by: disrupted
Date: February 10, 2010 05:52PM

please test again with 1.5.4rc available there:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,100963

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 10, 2010 08:28PM

Already exist a bug report about this problem, thanks to report it.
Sorry this bug in not fixed yet.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: k-hunter
Date: February 15, 2010 10:25AM

Thank you both for replying so quickly.
I have just installed K-Meleon 1.5.3 and completely adapted it to my preferences, so I'm reluctant to install a new version.
Could you post something here when the bug is fixed?

Many thanks. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: siria
Date: February 15, 2010 02:50PM

If you've just installed it, chances are high that you only modified stuff in the profile, not added many macros or other stuff in the program folders or general files yet ;-)
So I'd just try it, if you like to:

Make a backup copy of your profile folder (verify location in Edit>Configuration>Profile Directory) - or rather make that copy at any rate, HIGHLY recommended! (and backing up the program folder can't harm either :coolsmiling smiley
Then try 154. Depending on your installation options, the profile may seem empty, but it's just elsewhere. In this case just copy over the old profile files into the new one and restart...

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: February 15, 2010 04:58PM

you can just do a dirty install over 1.5.3 and everything will work fine since both are different builds in the same version, they read same settings and prefs and can share same profile.

download the 7z version of 1.5.4 (not the installable exe).. extract the compressed package using 7z etc onto your 1.5.3 installation folder, when prompted to replace..select yes to replace all files.

all your settings and prefs should remain intact unless you have manually modified kmeleon system files

Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 28, 2010 10:50PM

disrupted(unlogged)
you can just do a dirty install over 1.5.3 and everything will work fine since both are different builds in the same version, they read same settings and prefs and can share same profile.

download the 7z version of 1.5.4 (not the installable exe).. extract the compressed package using 7z etc onto your 1.5.3 installation folder, when prompted to replace..select yes to replace all files.

all your settings and prefs should remain intact unless you have manually modified kmeleon system files

disrupted,

That last line is the sticking point in KM installs. Beautiful as the install routines are, when you modify files, like accel.cfg, menus.cfg in main default folder or 110.js, you had better zip them up in advance to save settings or keep a text copy of your changes so you can restore them by hand after running the 7z upgrade.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2010 10:51PM by ndebord.

K meleon 1.6 tieng viet
Posted by: octvn
Date: July 06, 2010 12:57PM

Toi dang su dung K meleon 1.6
Cong dong nen ho tro tieng viet

Re: K meleon 1.6 tieng viet
Posted by: SoerenB
Date: September 07, 2010 01:17PM

Hi,

maybe this one could be made non- sticky now?

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 09, 2010 04:27PM

octvn
Toi dang su dung K meleon 1.6
Cong dong nen ho tro tieng viet

Native speakers must do the translations.
K-Meleon devs or forum only give technical assistance to create national versions.

SoerenB
maybe this one could be made non- sticky now?

Dorian's post?

We could change some of the other posts to non sticky:

How about: "UNOFFICIAL K-Meleon Distributions" it's been sticky long enough. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2010 04:34PM by guenter.

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: September 09, 2010 05:47PM

guenter
Dorian's post?

Ooops! - I simply didn't look for who opened it - i only reckoned that the gestures.dll offered there would probably come with 99.99% of the current downloads? It does have the same file size as the one in km1.1.3 and works flawlessly in there.

I took that as a sure sign of the problem being addressed in that thread having been solved ... so ...

Or are you just pulling my leg?:

How about: "UNOFFICIAL K-Meleon Distributions" it's been sticky long enough.

16,631 views ... probably not decreasing, or is it?

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 09, 2010 06:32PM

16,631 views ... probably not decreasing, or is it?

Means all must have read it already? grinning smiley

Technically impossible - it can only increase smiling smiley

I am serious, IMHO we should consider to make it a normal thread or let it die; it will sink to other 2007 posts when it is no sticky any more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2010 06:32PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.