General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Full screen on YouTube
Posted by: bellgamin
Date: June 24, 2014 07:02AM

I tried full screen on YouTube. The screen went full, YouTube posted a message that it was full screen, there was sound, BUT the screen stayed black.

Can any of you folks get fullscreen at YouTube? If so, what is my likely problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Full screen on YouTube
Posted by: rodocop
Date: June 24, 2014 04:49PM

sometimes it works, sometimes - not. I think, the difference hides itself in video hardware config and in the flashplayer version.

KM still handles youtube videos as Flash not HTML5 as I can see.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: June 24, 2014 05:25PM

bellgamin
I tried full screen on YouTube. The screen went full, YouTube posted a message that it was full screen, there was sound, BUT the screen stayed black.

Can any of you folks get fullscreen at YouTube? If so, what is my likely problem?

You can try by disabling hardware acceleration.

Set, through Edit>Configuration>browser configuration (aka about:config) the preference layers.acceleration.disabled to true.

It's better to have it disabled. At least in my side, doesn't mean anyting good.

rodocop
sometimes it works, sometimes - not. I think, the difference hides itself in video hardware config and in the flashplayer version.

KM still handles youtube videos as Flash not HTML5 as I can see.

No, it handles in html5, just enable it at https://www.youtube.com/html5. It just it isn't by default, even in Firefox.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: June 24, 2014 07:49PM

JohnHell
No, it handles in html5, just enable it at https://www.youtube.com/html5. It just it isn't by default, even in Firefox.

Beautiful, JohnHell! Thank you for this lesson!

Posted by: bellgamin
Date: June 25, 2014 04:10AM

Thanks a heap JohnHell. (^_^)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.