General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-Meleon Win98
Posted by: Tom@Ger
Date: July 09, 2010 11:41PM

Hi@All.

I searched for a slim browser which wont etch much memory (only 128MB available). According to this i found K-Meleon and it is working super with my old Notebook under Win98.
Super Program and really fast!!

Thank you very much :-))

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon Win98
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 10, 2010 04:05PM

Thanks to you, to tell your experience and help others to find good utilities for low resources systems smiling smiley

Posted by: Doon
Date: July 11, 2010 08:28AM

Cool.

K-Meleon (1.5.4) is certainly a gem for Win98, especially with the privacy bar that can easily toggle all resource intensive things like javascript, flash or even images.

My everyday PC is a similar low end machine running Windows 98 and I've found there are still many developers creating free, effective and elegant software that run perfectly on a really old PC and OS like mine, prooving that code bloat and support of the latest tech isn't always necessary to get the job done.

Posted by: Tom@Ger
Date: July 13, 2010 10:39AM

Yeah,
i think a really good Programmer can handle low resources.
Why should it always be a high-power machine? Especially people who cannot afford an up-to-date Computer like the customer i installed k-meleon for.
With the Win98 included InternetExplorer some websites could not be displayed and it crashed sometimes. Furthermore i think that this very old version isn't pretty safe.
But now there ist K-Meleon :-). I will recommend it to everyone having trouble with a slow and resource-hungry browser.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 13, 2010 12:31PM

Kannst auch sagen, dass sie hier muttersprachl. Support haben können. smiling smiley

mfG

p.s. Aber 1.5.4 ist vermutl. die letzte Win98 taugl. Version.
Höhere mit 1.9 GRE nur wenn man an Win98 bastelt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2010 12:34PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.