General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Configuring a Keyboard Shortcut
Posted by: Zero3K
Date: January 13, 2014 04:06AM

I need help configuring one that will open a clicked link in a background tab by pressing Shift and Ctrl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Configuring a Keyboard Shortcut
Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 14, 2014 08:16PM

Does the method need to be using keyboard? Do you use mouse for clicking link? If you have a middle button on your mouse it is very easy to set up to have middle button open link in background tab.

Go to EDIT - CONFIGURATION - ACCELERATORS and make the following change.

BEFORE:::
# Middle-click links to the background:
#%ifplugin tabs
#MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUNDTAB
#%else
#MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUND
#%endif

AFTER:::
# Middle-click links to the background:
%ifplugin tabs
MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUNDTAB
%else
MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUND
%endif

Save the file and restart KM.

Date: January 14, 2014 09:23PM

1. Yes.

2. I don't have a middle mouse button.

Posted by: siria
Date: January 14, 2014 11:49PM
Date: January 15, 2014 01:27AM

I don't want to use the mouse.

EDIT: Oh, I read that page and discovered how to do it like I wanted. Thanks for letting me know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 01:30AM by Zero3K.

Date: January 16, 2014 03:02AM

Now I want to know how to get "Continuous Reload" to be assigned to a keyboard shortcut. I hope someone can help me.

Date: January 16, 2014 06:46AM

No prob (if you know how). It's even a native command.
Which shortcut do you want for it exactly?

howto:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/FAQ#accels
(okay, this part could use a little wiki update, as most parts ;-))
How to figure out the command for "continuous reload":
Edit > Configuration > Commands List, search page for e.g. continuous

Date: January 17, 2014 12:57AM

Look in reload.kmm for command for Continuous Reload.

The keys string is within quotes as is the command.

setaccel( keys [,command]);                                                 Since version 1.1

This method can be used to set keyboard accelerators instead of editing accel.cfg.

Parameter 	Required 	Type 	Value 	Meaning
keys 	YES 	STRING 	A key combination(1) 	The addressed key combination.
command 	YES 	STRING 	A command(2) 	The command to be associated with the key combination.

(1) A space-separated list of predefined key names.
(2) Command can be "ID_..." or "pluginName(pluginCommand)".
If command is an empty string, this is a deletion.

In accel.cfg the format is space separated keys list = command.

Date: January 17, 2014 03:24AM

I got it added as a keyboard shortcut now. Thanks for helping. I just added the following to its default accel.cfg:

ALT R = macros(Reload_Continuously)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 03:25AM by Zero3K.

Date: January 21, 2014 03:53AM

One more question. How do I get CTRL + ALT + LButton to not open the image's URL when trying to save it?

Date: January 21, 2014 05:00PM

I think that an accel definition to blank is a delete. You might try the following.

CTRL ALT LButton = ""

Date: January 21, 2014 07:17PM

I think you misinterpreted my question. I want to have CTRL ALT LButton open the Save Image dialog box without having the page detect the clicking of the mouse button.

EDIT: The reason why its happening is because K-Meleon is sending a "click event" when using the mentioned shortcut like how Opera used to do. Here's some JS code that will help figure out how to fix it in K-Meleon:

window.addEventListener('click', function (e) {
	if (e.target.tagName === 'IMG' && e.altKey && e.ctrlKey)
		e.stopPropagation();
}, true);

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2014 08:15PM by Zero3K.

Date: January 21, 2014 09:16PM

Try this in your accels.cfg file.

ALT SHIFT LButton = ID_SAVE_IMAGE_AS

If this works then we can try to move it to your selection of keys.

Date: January 21, 2014 09:27PM

That doesn't work. CTRL ALT LButton does work except its sending a "click event". I would like for it to stop doing that.

Date: January 21, 2014 10:02PM

I have just saved 15 images without sending a "click". I used this:

ALT SHIFT N = ID_SAVE_IMAGE_AS

There was no highlight on the image. There was no return key or button click used.

I am just not sure if you are trying to do the same thing that I needed to do.

Date: January 21, 2014 11:47PM

Is there no way to get CTRL ALT LButton to not send a click event?

Date: January 22, 2014 01:27AM

Sorry but I'm really confused too. In the first line why anything happens when you do that, because nothing happens for me when I click for example on those images here, except that they are highlighted. But both our profiles are customized, and I didn't really investigate deeply ;-)
Next confusing, one time you say you want nothing to happen, and then you say, you want the image-save-command? Then nothing again?

Does it not work if you use one of those in accels.cfg in the current profile folder?
CTRL ALT LButton = 0
CTRL ALT LButton = ID_SAVE_IMAGE_AS

If not, then it might be that the setting in tools/mouse accelerators has some sort of priority. No idea. In that case I'd switch back and only add what I really want as single shortcuts in accels.cfg

PS: too bad, *finally* someone savvy in JS and currently nothing needed for some new macro grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2014 01:29AM by siria.

Date: January 22, 2014 03:13AM

1. Take a look at http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=1265992 for more info about what I'm wanting to be done.

2. I'm not proficient in JS code. I just took that code from the Opera Extension that fixed it which is available at https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/fix-altctrlclick/?display=en.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: January 22, 2014 03:24AM

Zero3K
window.addEventListener('click', function (e) {
	if (e.target.tagName === 'IMG' && e.altKey && e.ctrlKey)
		e.stopPropagation();
}, true);

Don't expect anything else if the code is in the page and you don't disable Javascript (you can disable after page load). You can't fight an event listener with magic.

As simple as that.

The alternative that you won't like, because it requires more steps, is to go to the view menu and choose images or page images (note: I don't know if in the latest version (74) there is such option and with what text definition).

K-meleon will open a new window with the page images. Then you can save from that page absolutely anonymously except if K-meleon haven't cached them, because it must request again to the server when downloading, but wouldn't be an even capture.

I improved the default macro (I think I posted so should be somewhere in the forum) to retrieve the CSS images too.

BUT, yes, there is a BUT, if the images are displayed by Javascript calls (aren't defined in the HTML body or by CSS), they won't be gathered by K-meleon in any way (I don't remember now if preloaded images could be gathered). In this case, the only way is to enable javascript and do your best to keep your anonymity.

EDIT: I was writting this while you posted the previous message.
EDIT2: after read what you posted, I can't help with it as every browser I have used behave the same way, maybe Opera not, as was the first browser with mouse gestures.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2014 03:30AM by JohnHell.

Date: January 22, 2014 01:23PM

Zero3K
One more question. How do I get CTRL + ALT + LButton to not open the image's URL when trying to save it?

I went to that image that you noted.
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6521/1276789335240.jpg
You are right. In that situation the code that I gave you does not work. Does a right click and choose "Save image as" not get you what you wish? Do you wish the full size image or just the size your screen is displaying? Does "Save image as" open the URL of the image again?

Date: January 22, 2014 06:45PM

Wait, but, are we talking about the example about an image at imageshack?

A standalone image?

Truth, the image is not served directly, probably is being sent by a PHP server or ASP. You can test it by showing the source code and discovering that the source code is the image itself. If you show the source again, now you have the binary data, the real source. I've done this in the past by myself to prevent hotlinking in one of my sites.

But what I'm trying to say is that the image server, this way, hasn't any script that can track you by mouse events. Could be done, of course, but in this kind of scenarios it's not usual to see a crafted page with an event listener script to show just one image as if it's standalone.

What it really happens and you must concern, if the concerns are privacy, is that the PHP/ASP server is logging the access to the image because can measure with the server side script behind the whole process. And, depending on the access displays one image or another, or an error, or whatever. And to avoid this..., there is no way. But I ensure you that the mouse it's not tracked (unless what I said above).

Date: January 22, 2014 11:15PM

In the case of the image at imageshack, all that is required is to press CTRL + S. The URL ends in the image name/number dot jpg. I think nothing is sent to the server. There is no code except the compressed (jpeg) image. Looking at the page source only displays the image again.

I tested by first clearing my cache and then going to the imageshack site. I checked work offline and then pressed CTRL + S. I was able to save the full size image. I had my KM window sized below my normal size so that I was shown the smaller image when first loaded. Nothing I did changed the size of the image displayed.

Date: January 22, 2014 11:50PM

Here's a link to an image on the site that is causing the problem:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=41126478

Date: January 23, 2014 01:40AM

This is one of those weird pages where, even disabling javascript, something still works (Seamonkey 2.9.1 does the same) and the javascript still executes.

I think there is no way to avoid mouse tracking here. Maybe is something related to how Gecko works or a glitch or whatever.

It happens to me with some other pages too and it's quite annoying.

The only way to fix it and avoid tracking and capture mouse events is to load the page without javascript enabled.

Date: January 23, 2014 08:30AM

Uah what a horrible page, and in KM1.6 I don't even manage to get the picture shown at all. Or perhaps it's one of my adblock settings or whatever, never mind. Anyway, JS in general, sometimes it seems to behave like flash: once an object is already loaded and active, it can only be "killed". Flash has an extra button for killing.

But with JS, what if you click the stop button first? Or use the Escape-key as keyboard shortcut for it, or menu View>Stop.
Often (or always??) works well for me as killer for active scripts. Even without toggling JS first.
Provided the page is fully loaded already, otherwise that stupid 1.6/1.7 bug kicks in that loading can't be interrupted without killing the systems internet connection. No idea about the current versions - is that bug fixed now in KM74/1.8??

And there's another 'harder' pref to toggle JS, that might help too. It's used in the policies manager and disables even own macros containing JS snippets.

Hmm, that downright screams to replace the normal JS-toggle button with a little macro, which in case of toggling "off" fires the stop command first...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2014 08:39AM by siria.

Date: January 23, 2014 03:56PM

If you have JavaScript off when you load the page, you still get the main image. If you then go offline you should be able to do anything you wish with the image. There is no script loaded and you no longer are connected to the internet. Nothing can be reported back to the website.

Date: January 23, 2014 04:07PM

This is for Siria smiling smiley Not you JamesD (I was writting this while you posted now smiling smiley)

What javascript pref do you mean?

Stop has nothing to do with scripts but page loading and scripts loading. Of course, if you stop to load some script, that script doesn't work as functions are broken (usually). And this happens most to pages that the scripts aren't written/called from html>head. But, anyway, that only works before the page fully loads. Once loaded, stop only stops animated gifs.

And I noticed now that, at least 1.6b2.6, doesn't stop animated PNG hehe.

Date: January 23, 2014 07:56PM

I understand of course that the stop button stops loading stuff smiling smiley But sometimes there are scripts that start running after they are loaded, and keep on running, don't stop by themselves. That's when a stop command helps. Although for lack of a current test page I'm not sure enough to put my hand into fire for it ;-)

But forgot something, my stop button is not the normal one. Long time ago I was experimenting with various stopping actions, perhaps a desperate attempt to fix that stupid 1.6/1.7 bug, but no chance.
My stop button is since then set to inject "window.stop()"
Can't remember if that was any better, but if anyone wants to try on a problematic page, type into urlbar and enter:
javascript:window.stop()

Still don't manage to see that pic on that weird side, no idea why, so can't try myself.

(Hm, or it's actually possible that I needed that stop for stopping animated images, many years ago? Memory quite dim there...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2014 07:58PM by siria.

Date: January 23, 2014 08:30PM

The code that's causing the closing when trying to use CTRL ALT LButton to save the original sized version of a picture on Pixiv.net is the following:

onclick="(window.open('', '_self')).close()

Date: January 23, 2014 10:30PM

I have that stop() function too because I tested too, but that doesn't work. Indeed, in the Mozilla knowledge base states that actually, doesn't stop scripts. Or at least is what I understand and the tests I did in the past:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Window.stop

@Zero3k
I didn't register and I didn't test such full size page, Zero3k, but that should be solved disabling javascript if it doesn't happen as with the small size image size link you posted. Onclick are not problematic functions as what I told.

I recommend you to bind some key to toggle javascript on/off macro and, if so, calling to the save function to do all in one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2014 10:32PM by JohnHell.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.