General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: K-Meleon 74: bugs and deficiencies list
Posted by: Zero3K
Date: November 22, 2013 03:50AM

Does anyone else have the issue with it crashing when using a keyword for a Bookmark Folder?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 22, 2013 10:24PM

New (old) behavior in naruman's latest version c n+1.

My hotlink Cntl+zero is working again. However the view of hotlinks in the tools menu just opens preferences and hotlinks is no longer in preferences.

user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.macros.hotlink0.url", "http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/"winking smiley;

Note, I have a macro which sets many of my preferences when I start a new version of KM. This pref was set by that macro.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: November 23, 2013 12:22AM

I just noticed that the macro extension section is missing from the preferences panel on naruman's latest version, KM 74 Cn+1.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: November 24, 2013 08:27PM

Here's a link to a log of the crash that occurrs when typing a Bookmark Folder nickname into the Address Bar and pressing Enter:

http://tempsend.com/B8BDDA6E9E

Posted by: Kandra
Date: December 05, 2013 02:24PM

Hi, Some times when ever i close the browser and restarts immediately,it is not opening and showing a message"K-Meleon still running" like that and thus it is hanging.If we go to task manager it is showing process of K-meleon running.why it is so.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 05, 2013 05:08PM

KM needs some time to close as it runs child processes like plugin-container etc.

If not closed fully it will refuse to run new instance.

Posted by: helf
Date: December 05, 2013 11:37PM

Hi! I was stoked when I saw the v74c release based off FF25 (right?). I was hoping K-Meleon wasn't dead but I hadn't paid a whole lot of attention. Well, I downloaded the latest build (v74c+1), mixed in the updata2 stuff and the pref fix and so far I am loving it. I also updated a bunch of the components to FF27 Alpha 2 which has made it very snappy. I use it on an old toughbook and all has been well except for a few minor bugs like the print screen causing crashes.

A friend of mine is using it on an old lifebook and he just informed me that it is refusing to save proxy settings. Anyone noticed this yet? Is there a way to fix it? I opened about:config, typed in proxy, and then went to the proxy screen in the UI to add in a custom user proxy and you can see new entries made with the new input but the moment you close out the setup screen the entries blank out.

It's doing this on the normal version without the FF27 updated bits, as well.

Here is a copy of the one I am using - https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd1ajln5z7y3utp/k-meleon74c%2B1-FF27alpha2_files.7z

Date: December 06, 2013 11:19AM

Hi ,When K-Meleon is running ,i observe there are two processes of Flash players running simultaneously, in back ground ,if you open task manager,though i disable flash.Why it is so.

Posted by: George Hall
Date: December 06, 2013 01:08PM

The Gestures Macro for the Kmeleon 74 - 74c+ has a bug.
that prevents the scroll bar from functioning correctly.

The Gestures Macro enabled when left click scroll bar to drag it up and down. It doesn't move up and down.

The Scroll Bar only moves up and down when Gestures Macro is disabled.

Date: December 06, 2013 08:08PM

helf
I also updated a bunch of the components to FF27 Alpha 2 which has made it very snappy.

Is there a specific list of files that I could copy from your version to upgrade the KM74 c+1 version which I am testing?

JamesD

Date: December 07, 2013 02:48AM

Basically every dll in the main program dir. I kept getting crashes when trying to use newer gkmedias.dll, mozjs.dll, omni.ja, and xul.dll.

I replaced the following files with FF27 Alpha 2 versions (I also did the same with FF 26 beta 10)

AccessibleMarshal.dll
breakpadinjector.dll
D3DCompiler_43.dll
freebl3.chk
freebl3.dll
libEGL.dll
libGLESv2.dll
mozalloc.dll
mozglue.dll
mozjs.dll
msvcp100.dll
msvcr100.dll
nss3.dll
nssckbi.dll
nssdbm3.chk
nssdbm3.dll
platform.ini
plugin-container.exe
plugin-hang-ui.exe
softokn3.chk
softokn3.dll

I figured it would be best to replace as many files as possible with ones from the same newer build to keep incompatibilities at bay. Probably don't need all of those swapped out for it to work fine, though.

I've just been doing it to mess around as I was super excited to get an updated K-Meleon smiling smiley

Here's the results from one benchmark just showing the improvements you get (in synthetic tests, at least) from bumping the file versions up.

The PC I tested on is a C2q 9400 @ 2.66ghz, 6gb ddr2-533, NVidia 610 gpu with Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I ran all the browsers freshly with their processes set to Realtime ----

http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/

kmeleon with FF27 alpha 2 files = 1887

kmeleon with FF26 beta 10 files = 1692

Palemoon 24.2.1 64bit = 1567

kmeleon 1.7a2 (FF3.6.13 bits) = 719

It's an impressive jump over even Palemoon which is a stripped down and heavily optimized Firefox 24 base!

I'm using this setup on my old Toughbook CF-18 which is a Pentium M 1.2 with 512mb of ram and a slow IDE SSD. Love it! Also running well on a Gateway Solo 2550 which is a p3 celeron 550 with 288mb of ram and an old 40gb spindle disk. Running marvelously.

p.s.

I also made some changes to the cache settings in about:config if you want me to post those? mostly just turned off disk caching and enabled memory compression, I think. I'd have to double check.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2013 02:59AM by helf.

Date: December 07, 2013 01:29PM

helf
Basically every dll in the main program dir. I kept getting crashes when trying to use newer gkmedias.dll, mozjs.dll, omni.ja, and xul.dll.

I replaced the following files with FF27 Alpha 2 versions (I also did the same with FF 26 beta 10)

AccessibleMarshal.dll
breakpadinjector.dll
D3DCompiler_43.dll
freebl3.chk
freebl3.dll
libEGL.dll
libGLESv2.dll
mozalloc.dll
mozglue.dll
mozjs.dll
msvcp100.dll
msvcr100.dll
nss3.dll
nssckbi.dll
nssdbm3.chk
nssdbm3.dll
platform.ini
plugin-container.exe
plugin-hang-ui.exe
softokn3.chk
softokn3.dll

I figured it would be best to replace as many files as possible with ones from the same newer build to keep incompatibilities at bay. Probably don't need all of those swapped out for it to work fine, though.

I've just been doing it to mess around as I was super excited to get an updated K-Meleon smiling smiley

Here's the results from one benchmark just showing the improvements you get (in synthetic tests, at least) from bumping the file versions up.

The PC I tested on is a C2q 9400 @ 2.66ghz, 6gb ddr2-533, NVidia 610 gpu with Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I ran all the browsers freshly with their processes set to Realtime ----

http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/

kmeleon with FF27 alpha 2 files = 1887

kmeleon with FF26 beta 10 files = 1692

Palemoon 24.2.1 64bit = 1567

kmeleon 1.7a2 (FF3.6.13 bits) = 719

It's an impressive jump over even Palemoon which is a stripped down and heavily optimized Firefox 24 base!

I'm using this setup on my old Toughbook CF-18 which is a Pentium M 1.2 with 512mb of ram and a slow IDE SSD. Love it! Also running well on a Gateway Solo 2550 which is a p3 celeron 550 with 288mb of ram and an old 40gb spindle disk. Running marvelously.

p.s.

I also made some changes to the cache settings in about:config if you want me to post those? mostly just turned off disk caching and enabled memory compression, I think. I'd have to double check.

The mozjs.dll file causes a crash when replaced free placed by one from Firefox 26.0 Beta or Firefox 27.0 alpha2

Need the mozjs.dll file from Firefox 25.0 or Firefox 25.0.1 to prevent the browser from crashing

The file is dedendent on the xul.dll which can not be placed with one from higher than firefox 25.0 because kmeleon will have a blank page when launched and whenn you try to goto webpage.

Date: December 07, 2013 03:32PM

woops. That is one of the files I left out. I forgot to remove it from the list. Thanks for the info.

Date: December 07, 2013 04:31PM

The reason i knew tha file would not work is that I deve;oped a silmilar process for using Firefox 26 files with K-Meleon several days ago.

In Re: Anyone still using kmeleon? under page 4. I wrote about my method at this message address

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,125632,125891#msg-125891

Date: December 08, 2013 02:02PM

Thanks to helf and George Hall for the info about upgrading to Gecko 27.0a2 engine files. I have gotten that done and saw a small increase in the score from peacekeeper. My score moved from 1805 to 1814.

For any of you desiring quick gratification, I have put the required files in this 7z.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/Gecko_27a_files.7z

Just extract in your KM 74 root folder and allow overwrites.

JamesD

Date: December 08, 2013 05:26PM

JamesD
Thanks to helf and George Hall for the info about upgrading to Gecko 27.0a2 engine files. I have gotten that done and saw a small increase in the score from peacekeeper. My score moved from 1805 to 1814.

I've been using it as my sole browser on my home PC since doing that update and I've only had one crash. Happened when doing a session restore. On the second attempt it opened fine. I didn't think to write down the error message or site it was crashing on though...

George Hall
The reason i knew tha file would not work is that I deve;oped a silmilar process for using Firefox 26 files with K-Meleon several days ago.

Ah. I completely glossed over your message. Funny we both did it. Great minds think alike, 'eh? smiling smiley

Date: December 08, 2013 06:40PM

helf
JamesD

I've been using it as my sole browser on my home PC since doing that update and I've only had one crash. Happened when doing a session restore. On the second attempt it opened fine. I didn't think to write down the error message or site it was crashing on though...

George Hall

Ah. I completely glossed over your message. Funny we both did it. Great minds think alike, 'eh? smiling smiley

I did a new experiemnt with files replacemnet with K-mdeleon 74.

Some files from XUL Runner 27.0 apha 2 are smaller than Firefox 27.0 alpha 2.

While smone files are smaller with 27.0 alpha 2.

It appears that those smaller fiels make K-Meleon 74 even faster when I tested it with peacmaker my score was over 2000.

Date: December 08, 2013 07:09PM

Some of XUL Runner 27.0 alpha 2 files will increase the score while others may not.

We need to find which XUL Runner 27.0 apha 2 and Firefox 27.0 apha 2will increase the score.

My last peacemaker test was 1949 after i hit the go button.

Date: December 08, 2013 07:47PM

I just figure out how i got a score over of 2088 with K-Melon 74
at peacemaker some XUL Runner 25.0.1 files which are smaller than firfox 25,0.1 files increase the socre even more.

The smaller XUL runner 25,0.1 + smaller Firefox 25.0.1 files increase score.

Also smaller XUL Runner 27.0 alpha 2 + smaller Firefox 27.0 a[pha 2 increase the score even more.

Date: December 09, 2013 11:33AM

Hi, Can you post a link for that entire package of xul

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: December 09, 2013 12:17PM

Yes, this would be very nice indeed.

Mala

Date: December 09, 2013 01:18PM

K-Meleon 74 has a Full Screen Flash problem.

When you press full screen button on some websites. Full Screen is not displayed and it is a background page.

When you switch to that flash page. Windows 7 working objeck whuch a circle spining arounnd.

Then the non full sreen page is displayed asking me to reload the page in the flash Box.

If you do not hit Full Screen flash plays normally.

It does not happen with K-Meleon Beta 2.6. It only happens with K-Meleon 74.

It could be a problem with plugin container, omni.ja, one of the macros, or some file in the browser folder where the chromes, components, or modules are located.

Date: December 09, 2013 04:31PM

The files to imcrease the http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/ score can be found below Kandra and Mala Okeh.

The Firefox 25,0.1 following files:

mozjs.dll
xul.dll

can be replaced with files from XUL Runner 25.0..1 located at the FTP address:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/xulrunner/releases/25.0.1/runtimes/xulrunner-25.0.1.en-US.win32.zip

The XUL Runner Nightly 27.0 alpha is located at the FTP address:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/xulrunner/nightly/latest-mozilla-aurora/xulrunner-27.0a2.en-US.win32.zip

The nighly Firefox 27.0 alpha 2 is located at the FTP address:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/xulrunner/nightly/latest-mozilla-aurora/xulrunner-27.0a2.en-US.win32.zip

Date: December 10, 2013 04:46AM

George Hall
The files to imcrease the http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/ score can be found below Kandra and Mala Okeh.

mozjs.dll
xul.dll

omni.ja from the xul set can be used as well. I just did all that and it's working pretty well. Seems slightly more responsive with a ton of tabs loaded, but that could be placebo.

This is definitely the most hackish thing I have run on my PC in awhile, lol.

Date: December 10, 2013 04:53AM

helf
George Hall

mozjs.dll
xul.dll

omni.ja from the xul set can be used as well. I just did all that and it's working pretty well. Seems slightly more responsive with a ton of tabs loaded, but that could be placebo.

This is definitely the most hackish thing I have run on my PC in awhile, lol.

I did not replace the omni.ja with the one from XUL becuase the firefox 25.0.1 is maller than the XUL 25.0.1.

I thought it would be faster with a smaller omni.ja

Date: December 10, 2013 02:32PM

Now that Firefox 26.0 Final is released.

You get a highrer score at peacemaker when use firfox 25.0.1 Final + Firfox 26.0 Final.

The files:

gkmedias.dll
mozjs.dll
omni.ja
xul.dll

musr be from Firefox 25.0.1 Final.

Using XUL Runner files form 26.0 and 25.0.1 gives a lower scorer.

My score at peacemaker was 2441.

When I used the files from the stable builds of Firefox 25.0.1 Final and 26.0 Firefox Final.

Date: December 10, 2013 09:57PM

I wonder if all my changes have caused a problem on my system. Does about plugins work in KM 74?

There are new updates to flash and shockwave.

JamesD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2013 09:58PM by JamesD.

Date: December 10, 2013 10:32PM

JamesD
I wonder if all my changes have caused a problem on my system. Does about plugins work in KM 74?

There are new updates to flash and shockwave.

about:plugins does not work becuase the plugin architecture has changed

becuause aboutLplugins was handled by the plugin npnul32.dll
before and k-mrlron 74 does not have a macro, extenion, changes to the broeser folder which can see the list of plugins,

If npnul32.dll worked wuth K-Meleon 74 we could see the list of pugins.

Firefox views the list of plugins in different way than K_Meleon.

Firefox can view the Windows Media Player Firefox plugin unless you change the advance setting plugins.load_appdir_plugins to true which creates the plugins folder and place the media player plugin in it.

K-Meleon 74 that setting but can not use it.

If we made that setting work in K-meleon work in K-meleon 74 we may be to get a list of the plugins.

Firefox view the in an entirely different way than K-Meleon.
if we make K-Melepn able to use the method that firefox views plugins with it.

Also we should enable plugins.load_appdir_plugins by default to use the plugins folder becuase firefox view or use certian plugins wihtout Plugins folder in the Main Firefox Folder.

Date: December 11, 2013 03:15PM

K-Meleon 74 needs work in supporting the Plugins Comtainer.

Becuase we cant view about:plugins and at some flash websites, when I click full screen the flash box, K-Meleon crashe flash plugin wjile K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta 2.6 does not crashes and goes to Full Screen.

K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta 2.6 uses npnul32.dll in the plugins folder to handle plugins.

Some part of K-Meleon 74 has something needs to be chsnged so with sees plugins with the firfox plugin container.

Some part of K-Meleon 74 muest need npnul32.dll that was in the plugins folder

Also some part of K-Meleon 74 must require the plugins folder that was in Main Folder of K-Meleon.

Posted by: Craig
Date: December 11, 2013 11:33PM

When I write an email with 74 every word is underlined with a squiggly red line, not just the misspelled words.

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.