General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 15
Re: Anyone still using kmeleon?
Posted by: kingsparrow
Date: January 05, 2014 02:00AM

great/good work you do for the community Naruman, many benefit from your contribution, thanks.................

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: George Hall
Date: January 05, 2014 04:05AM

I think K-Meleon 74d should the flashblock extension flashblock.jar instead of "browser\chrome\kmeleon"\content\flashblock" folder.

Because whitelist and privacy permissions does not work in K-Meleon 74d.

Both K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta 2.6 and K-Meleon 74c+1 both use the flashblock extension flashblock.jar. So both K-Mleleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 and K-Meleon 74c+1 can use the whitelist and flashblock Permissions under privacy.

Posted by: kandra
Date: January 05, 2014 02:28PM

Hi,Rodocop,When you are posting KM 74 with all updates,bugs fixed and integrating with your twin+

Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 05, 2014 08:22PM

Sorry, Kandra,
I'm getting slightly lost in all the updates that our devs are producing almost daily.

Adodupan makes it a little bit easier with the list of changed files, but I still need much time and (!) understanding to bring all things together in one Twin package.

And I haven't enough ... silence and hmm... solitude to get into and make working package.

But I surely will - and there will be some pleasant surprises, believe me!

Posted by: naruman
Date: January 06, 2014 05:10AM

I created a package of all update for the last km, and add to it some other update (i was just about to upload it before the release of km74d) :

1-Full package of k-meleon 74d contain [ the updates +KM 74d + XULRUNER ].

2-Only the updates for k-meleon 74d Need [ the Original KM 74d + XULRUNNER] .

The new Changes:

-Console2 & Preferences & History are full work now with bug fix .

-Activate all right click menus (new add textbox of type search].

-fix km pref & Add Gopher Protocol.

-Add new macros [ new kill\reload flash] + [new block images]+[search by image] .

Notes :

For the search by image need [firefox user Agent +java Script ] & for kill flash & image block (Privacy bar) check it's status in bottom of pages.

Bug:

Not all element in History right click menu work .

I hope that's i didn't lost something while collecting the files .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 05:10AM by naruman.

Posted by: adodupan
Date: January 06, 2014 06:32AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:11PM by adodupan.

Date: January 06, 2014 09:03AM

naruman
I created a package of all update for the last km, and add to it some other update (i was just about to upload it before the release of km74d) :

1-Full package of k-meleon 74d contain [ the updates +KM 74d + XULRUNER ].

2-Only the updates for k-meleon 74d Need [ the Original KM 74d + XULRUNNER] .

The new Changes:

-Console2 & Preferences & History are full work now with bug fix .

-Activate all right click menus (new add textbox of type search].

-fix km pref & Add Gopher Protocol.

-Add new macros [ new kill\reload flash] + [new block images]+[search by image] .

Notes :

For the search by image need [firefox user Agent +java Script ] & for kill flash & image block (Privacy bar) check it's status in bottom of pages.

Bug:

Not all element in History right click menu work .

I hope that's i didn't lost something while collecting the files .

Right click History Macro Bug in History Libray was present since the History macro was created.

It may nit be a right click menu bug extacky becuase if left click on a history item the location in the "Library History" does not open. Right clicking and opening address does not open the addess either.

You delete and copy History addresses. But you can't go to addresses with the History Macoro.G

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: January 06, 2014 10:55AM

George,

@history

in addition to the method you mentioned : you can go to history addresses with drag and drop which is easier than copy and paste in my opinion.

Mala

Date: January 06, 2014 12:47PM

Mala Okeh
George,

@history

in addition to the method you mentioned : you can go to history addresses with drag and drop which is easier than copy and paste in my opinion.

Mala

Drag and click does not always work with History AKA History Manager. More than often is fails with a correctly formated web address giving then following message:

Invalid Address

The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded.

The provided address is not in a recognized format. Please check the location bar for mistakes and try again.

Dragging only seems to work history times that root web adressses wirhout sub addresses such as a web page.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: January 06, 2014 05:45PM

I've found that removing one line of code from mozilla can fix the context menu bug. Since it's part of the mozilla embedding code, I may be able to do something about it. Else adodupan/naruman patch seems to work fine.

History panel will be correctly usable in next release (using jsbridge).

Date: January 06, 2014 09:02PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:11PM by adodupan.

Posted by: siria
Date: January 06, 2014 09:49PM

One line causing so much trouble - incredible. Very glad it's fixed now, and still can't quite believe that there soon will be a fully working modern K-Meleon again, what no one had believed possible anymore smiling smiley

Now am just wondering if there might be slight chance that some day someone may apply those same fixes also to 1.7, since the bugs seem so similar, so perhaps quick and easy. 1.7 is currently the last version possible on win98, and realized only today that it may not be as bad as I had remembered, and there are actually a few workarounds in the forum (by realgy etc.) Yes I know, no one uses it anymore, so not worth wasting time, but just in case the same fixes as for 74 might work in 1.7 too.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 07, 2014 12:25PM

siria
One line causing so much trouble - incredible. Very glad it's fixed now, and still can't quite believe that there soon will be a fully working modern K-Meleon again, what no one had believed possible anymore smiling smiley

Now am just wondering if there might be slight chance that some day someone may apply those same fixes also to 1.7, since the bugs seem so similar, so perhaps quick and easy. 1.7 is currently the last version possible on win98, and realized only today that it may not be as bad as I had remembered, and there are actually a few workarounds in the forum (by realgy etc.) Yes I know, no one uses it anymore, so not worth wasting time, but just in case the same fixes as for 74 might work in 1.7 too.

Which MS compiler is the maximum version currently supported by Kernel Ex?

Info
The Microsoft compilers that are needed to create the programs such as XULRunner exclude (do not support) unaltered Win98. VC 7.1 is the last MS compiler that supports win98 without changes was never officially supported by Mozilla. And VC7.1 does not work at all to build a GRE with version higher than 1.9 or 1.9.1x. And when the development for K-Meleon 1.6 started it was found that K-Meleon.org can create a much faster program/GRE with VC8.

VC 10 is currently official Mozilla compiler but I have found a page that says the source still can compile with the older VC 8 or 9. E.g. deadlock & I have full versions of VC 8 and/or 9. Dorian seems to have or have had VC8 and VC10.

Win 98 is used by several 100.000 users maybe some millions.

But it is rare here, there is no K-Meleon dev that uses it, You cannot install or run compilers newer than VC6 (limited support for VC7.1).

And the last compiler VC7.1 and SDK (Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2) versions that supported unaltered win98 are not used or supported by Mozilla any more and that counts.

To update the K-M 1.7 is probably more work than an even better and maybe possible solution.

Perhaps someone can still compile a slower (non optimized) version of the current Mozilla source 25/26 and the K-Meleon1.8 core plus dll for win98 with new kernelEx with an older compiler after the end of the development cycle for 1.8.

p.s. I still have a VC 8 Professional build environment installed to build the Mozilla source. So I could still possibly build GRE 25. I will probably try IF I am still here when 1.8 is finished. Provided it is needed.

You will find more details about Mozilla build limitations via:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Introduction/Obsolete_Build_Caveats_and_Tips#Windows_7_SDK

But Rayflood still does test builds with VC 8 and VC 9 http://rayflood.org/mozilla/

But You will have to engage or interest a dev to build You K-Meleon.exe and kplugins with a compiler that is supported by kernel EX. I never managed to build a stable K-Meleon.exe and I stopped trying to learn to develop or build anything new because of that.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 02:01PM by guenter.

Date: January 07, 2014 04:16PM

That's' great news Dorian , i hope we see your new release soon .

I thinking now in creating chrome files to add of old Extensions, something like the old 'Extensions manger '.

@ siria

This file fix Right click in textbox .

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 07, 2014 09:34PM

@ Naruman

Thanks for the new code. I am sometimes not seeing all the errors that I expect in the Error Console (console2). I purposely included an error in a kmm file to do this checking. I think the reason is some limit on the number of errors shown. When I do not see the error there is usually a great many repeats of an error the "gApp.version is undefined" at line 768 of nsBlocklistService.js. I looked at the file, but I do not understand where it is to obtain a value. See below:

Note that I have not seen any errors for line 351. This is the website that seems to cause the errors. I do not see the errors at all using 1.6.0 beta 2.6.

Excerpts from nsBlocklistService.js

Line 311
  /* See nsIBlocklistService */
  isAddonBlocklisted: function Blocklist_isAddonBlocklisted(id, version, appVersion, toolkitVersion) {
    return this.getAddonBlocklistState(id, version, appVersion, toolkitVersion) ==
                   Ci.nsIBlocklistService.STATE_BLOCKED;
  },

/* See nsIBlocklistService */
  getAddonBlocklistState: function Blocklist_getAddonBlocklistState(id, version, appVersion, toolkitVersion) {
    if (!this._addonEntries)
      this._loadBlocklist();
    return this._getAddonBlocklistState(id, version, this._addonEntries,
                                        appVersion, toolkitVersion);
  },

Line 335
   * @param   appVersion
   *          The application version to compare to, will use the current
   *          version if null.

Line 349
    if (!appVersion)
      appVersion = gApp.version;

Line 767
    if (!appVersion)
      appVersion = gApp.version;

Posted by: siria
Date: January 07, 2014 10:19PM

Thanks guenter and naruman! Now I'm starting to think it possible that one day KM74 may actually run on win98 too - too cool!
Yesterday I did a bit research on the web about a function or two that dependency walker claimed missing, and learned that there are actually people trying to extend kernelex (just like KM-users improved 1.6+1.7 dev versions over the last years). And found an interesting article that claims that VC2010 projects using MFC (that's KM74, since it contains msvc-100, right?) require users to have XP-SP2 as minimum win version?! So that Win2000/ME users would need some kernelex too, whow. But there was also some complicated workaround posted how to get VC2010 to compile with less dependencies. It's all way beyond my understanding, but sums up to "there's still much hope for older systems" smiling smiley
PS: It would probably make sense to split old-win subjects into an own thread, to not clutter this one up too much, if that's possible and you agree?

Date: January 08, 2014 05:40PM

The nsBlocklistService deals with blocklist for some bad addon , which not 'yet' support in kmeleon.

Any way , i had make some changes in the omni.ja , edite nsBlocklistService.js & deleting it's cache file from [omni.ja\jsloader\resource\gre\components] folder (to be able to edite it) & it's remove the error .

& i found new bug in 'view source' menu &' right click menu' for the error .

This is file to fix it .

Also to reduce the error in console2 click [ Options/Hide Duplicats ].

And remember to delete the folder 'startupCache' in [k-meleon\Profiles] & overwrite the old files .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2014 05:42PM by naruman.

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: January 09, 2014 07:33AM

Thanks to all - k-meleon 74 rsp. 1.8.0 is getting better all the time.

But please don't forget to look for a solution for the printing problem and the plugin-container. In my honest opinion it will be only then that k-meleon will have its place again as a top browser.

Good day

Mala

Date: January 09, 2014 08:15AM

It possible to import setting from Chrome and Safari in K-Meleon 74d+1 form History Manager.

If folder is following folder is present browser\chrome\browser\content\browser\migration extracted form browser\omni.ja\chrome\browser\content\browser\migration

Also the folder browser\chrome\en-US\locale\browser\migration must be present extracted from browser\omni.ja\chrome\en-US\locale\browser\migration

The file MigrationUtils.jsm must be present in folder browser\chrome\jsloader\resource\app\modules from browser\omni.ja\jsloader\resource\app\modules

MigrationUtils.jsm must also be present in the folder browser\modules extracted from browser\omni.ja\jsloader\resource\app\modules

With them present you can import history and bookmarks from Google Chtome and Apple Safari Browsers after you select Tools History then "Import and Backup". Then choose "Import Data from Another Browser"

Date: January 09, 2014 08:39AM

George Hall
It possible to import setting from Chrome and Safari in K-Meleon 74d+1 form History Manager.

If folder is following folder is present browser\chrome\browser\content\browser\migration extracted form browser\omni.ja\chrome\browser\content\browser\migration

Also the folder browser\chrome\en-US\locale\browser\migration must be present extracted from browser\omni.ja\chrome\en-US\locale\browser\migration

The file MigrationUtils.jsm must be present in folder browser\chrome\jsloader\resource\app\modules from browser\omni.ja\jsloader\resource\app\modules

MigrationUtils.jsm must also be present in the folder browser\modules extracted from browser\omni.ja\jsloader\resource\app\modules

With them present you can import history and bookmarks from Google Chtome and Apple Safari Browsers after you select Tools History then "Import and Backup". Then choose "Import Data from Another Browser"

I made one the file MigrationUtils.jsm n the folder browser\modules extracted from browser\omni.ja\modules

Date: January 09, 2014 12:45PM

Replace bookmarks.dll in kplugins in K-Meleon 74d+1 with bookmarks.dll from K-Meloen 74b by Dorian.

Because the K-Mleoen 74d+1 bookmarks.dll displays bookmarks from K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 incorrectly.

After K-Meleon 74b, bookmarks.dll has some bugs that are not in the bookmarks.dll form K-Meleon 74b by Dorian

Date: January 09, 2014 01:05PM

adodupan
Whether this fix includes fix of over-dimensioning xul windows?
If not, you should try to find what causes this bug. This is really ugly bug.

The fix I used for the crash is the cause. But I've found a proper fix after digging into mozilla code.

Does flash crash with the -norestrict command line option?

Could someone check the error in nsSearchService when trying to use url bar search (keyword.enabled = true)?
Btw, is there a way to debug those components with kmeleon?

Date: January 09, 2014 02:05PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:10PM by adodupan.

Date: January 09, 2014 02:42PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:10PM by adodupan.

Date: January 09, 2014 04:12PM

I copied files from firefox 25.0.1 browser\omni.ja over to K-Meleon 74d+1 browser folder
Also I copied files from console2.jar and kmprefs.jar in K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 to K-Meleon 74d+1 browser folder.

I deleted browser\chrome\kmeleon\content\console2\komodo-overlay.xul from K-Meleon 74d+1.

With thpse re[lacements HistoryView seems to work better when I right click ans select open as History URL.

Their are cases of less failures of addresses in History failing to open.

We should check kmprefs annd console2 from K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 becuase some of the files may not have errors that are in K-Meleon 74d+1.

Some Firefox 25.0.1 omni.ja from browser and root folder that are present in K-Meleon 74d+1 browser are idnetical to ones in K-Meleon 74d+1

The files that are different in Firefox 25.0.1 and K-Meleon under browser folder.
The Firefox 25.0.1 files may not have the errors present in K-Meleon 74d+1 files under the browser folder.

We should check inf the files of K-Meleon 7d+1 files under browser to see which files have errors that firefox 25.0.1 may not have.

Date: January 09, 2014 07:45PM

adodupan
Dorian
Could someone check the error in nsSearchService when trying to use url bar search (keyword.enabled = true)?
Btw, is there a way to debug those components with kmeleon?

I can not produce this error, but if can help you, it is possible to unregister component file. Read more here.

The aim is to make the search work, not to just remove the error. Does the search work for you? I think it's a important feature.

The error:

Error: [Exception... "'Failure' when calling method [nsIBrowserSearchService::defaultEngine]"  
nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  
location: "native frame :: <unknown filename> :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 0"  data: no]

Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 09, 2014 08:27PM

Keyword Autosearch from URLbar is REAL UNIQUE POINT of K-Meleon.

It should be switched back on if possible. No one other browser has such a navigation type.

Posted by: Geroge Hall
Date: January 09, 2014 08:47PM

I have dones further research to see how make HistoryView open as History URL work better.

Replacing console2 and kmorefs files can cause other errors.

Replacing browser folder files with files from firefox 25.0.1 in browser\omni.ja
does fix the some problems with "open as History URL" when using HistoryView

Date: January 10, 2014 12:18AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:10PM by adodupan.

Posted by: vincent
Date: January 10, 2014 02:54PM

using the package created by naruman under windows 7 pro

startup: gets the bookmark file can't be located prompt. selecting yes gets a new blank file will be created prompt. does get a blank bookmark list

no cookie exception button/option in the preferences

Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 15

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.