General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
TWO Qs: Change HIGHLIGHT COLOR? Add "GO TO TOP, BOTTOM"?
Posted by: Just Me
Date: October 22, 2009 08:02PM

Hi folks,

Two things that would make navigating webpages easier... Anybody know how to do one or the other of these?

1. How to change the HIGHLIGHT COLOR (the one that highlights things when you do a "FIND")? It's presently a drab beige that's hard to find when it highlights text. Would prefer a bright magenta or pink, so we can SEE it. Maybe hex #FE7EC0. Is this something configurable in K-M, or do we have to fiddle with Windows settings?

2. Is there a way to add a "GO TO TOP OF PAGE" and "GO TO BOTTOM OF PAGE" button on the Toolbar at the bottom or top of the window, so we can quickly move around on a web page? Just wondering.

Come to think of it, not even sure what the following "buttons" do?
Wrap Around, Match case, Highlight... Can someone enlighten, please?

Thanks for all your help!
Cheers!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TWO Qs: Change HIGHLIGHT COLOR? Add "GO TO TOP, BOTTOM"?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 22, 2009 10:28PM

Highlight color:

I wonder if this in not a system color? I search for the word "Cheers" in the first post and on my system the word highlighted in blue. It is the same shade of blue as my windows title line.

Posted by: siria
Date: October 22, 2009 10:51PM

Oh, this highlight-color would be quite useful too for a macro-variation I'm currently researching for like crazy, for temporary stylesheets in new toolbar... So I just looked this up too smiling smiley Must admit am rather clueless, and so far no luck for the automatic highlighting (hightlight-button), but at least for "Find next" found two solutions:

--------------------------------------------------------------
SOURCE: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13892255
Add this to your user stylesheet:
------------------
/*Change color of highlighted text*/
::-moz-selection {
color: Black !important; /*Colour of text*/
background: fuchsia !important; /*Highlighting colour*/}

--------------------------------------------------------------

There is a SECOND solution, works instantly without KM restart, and so is really cool!

SOURCE: http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t284675.html
Type "about:config", and add the option "ui.textSelectBackground" (type string, value some color name like fuchsia)

Only problem, doesn't seem to work if there's a customized background in a (temporary) user stylesheet, looks like its settings have priority...

------------------

By the way, aside from those cryptic hex-colors there are also some 140 "real" color names that can be used in a CSS stylesheet, for backgrounds or fonts or anything colored. One of the many lists is here smiling smiley
http://www.mechatronika.hu/~mikdor/kieg/web/colors.html

Posted by: Just Me
Date: October 22, 2009 11:14PM

Hi again,

Figured out how to do the HIGHLIGHTING in a preferred color. Changed it on the Desktop settings, by clicking PROPERTIES, APPEARANCE, SELECTED ITEMS and choosing a bright Purple! :-D Now we can SEE the highlighting!

Still would like to find fast way to go to TOP or BOTTOM of page, but guess we can use the mouse's Scroll button (which we've yet to get used to!).

Thanks and good luck.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: October 22, 2009 11:26PM

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/ext7.htm

scroll down til you see it.

Date: October 22, 2009 11:31PM

There's also the sidebar to scroll much quicker than with the mouse middle button, but perhaps I read you wrong.
Anyway, changing your global system settings for the colors sure is the best solution in this case. Good luck to you too smiling smiley

Wrap Around Match Case
Posted by: Doon
Date: October 23, 2009 06:59AM

Just Me
Come to think of it, not even sure what the following "buttons" do?
Wrap Around, Match case, Highlight... Can someone enlighten, please?

I read in the wiki that the wrap around is a blanket you can use if you get cold during a search, and the match case is to hold some matches in case you want to build a fire. This is not true of course.

Wrap Around is a lot like word wrap, when you toggle it on your searches will return to the top of the page after reaching the bottom, making an endless loop instead of stopping dead at the bottom.

Match Case refers to upper or lower case, think Me vs. me. A match case search for "Me" will not hit on "me".

If Highlight is toggled on when you click find then every instance of your search word will be instantly highlighted all around the page, very handy indeed.

Posted by: desga2
Date: October 23, 2009 07:19AM

1) This is a Windows theme color for standard selection. To change it you must change it in your Windows theme settings.

2) You can use Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End (accelerators defined by default) or you can define other accelerator or create your toolbars buttons or use a mouse gesture.
Scroll to Top of page => macros(JS_scrollTop)
Scroll to Bottom of page => macros(JS_scrollBottom)

K-Meleon in Spanish

How to change HIGHLIGHT COLOR for "Find in page" Hilight Button
Date: October 23, 2009 08:56PM

PS, since I _finally_ found it :-P (still want if for my stylesheet samples):

The HIGHLIGHT button in the K-Meleon "Find in page" toolbar usually marks all hits on a page simultaneously, with a yellow background. Problem is, with a user stylesheet that has set an "important" background-color for ALL page elements, the hilight button seems to stop working.

Solution: to customize the style of the highlight button selections, the following class can be inserted in a stylesheet, _after_ that line with the general background:

.km_hightlight_class {background-color: red !important; color: yellow !important; font-weight: bold ; font-size: 20px !important; }

Of course the colors and size etc. are only examples here and can be freely changed or deleted. BTW, the "hightlight" is NO typo, this is really the name of that class in K-Meleon ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2009 09:12PM by siria.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.