General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
GRRRRRRRRRR!
Posted by: Paul
Date: June 19, 2009 09:36PM

Bloody K-Meleon and bookmarks! I've lost all my bookmarks that I had saved in K-Meleon. The last time I used ther browser they were all there. Turn comp off, switch on again later
, bookmarks button, K-Meleon short cut buttons gone, why?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GREAT FAQ
Posted by: guenter
Date: June 19, 2009 10:12PM

Blooming System.

Look into used profile whether big bookmarks_backup.html is next to a small bookmarks.html.

Means damaged bookmarks. Open bookmarks_backup.html with a browser & check whether it is the backup of the prodical bookmarks.html. If so it the lost one. Rename to bookmarks.html. You may have lost the bookmarks written since last backup.

Else: System damaged the paths. It likes to do so during scan run.

Similar situation. But better, You normally have lost nothing.
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,92406,93830#msg-93830
Yes a bookmarks.html looks white and blue when opened as a html file. smiling smiley

Find the old profile. To verify - open all bookmarks in the folders You find. If You find the right bookmarks.html it is in the right, old profile folder.

Backup current profile folder (just in case - You always do). Copy all the old profile's files right into it. Finished. Start browser.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2009 10:17PM by guenter.

Date: June 19, 2009 10:35PM

Thanks guenter, I did back it up last night, just didn,t rename it! So all is well now. Not so sure the 'system' corrupts the bookmark files though.

I mean I use SWRiron and IE7 their bookmarks are always intact. So perhaps it's more a story of K-Meleon has problems with the OS!

AS for the FAQ's what do I look for..... this question is not amongst them...

" I have not altered the settings of my browser, but my bookmarks have disappeared,the bookmarks button and toolbar shortcuts to KM Home and KM Forums have also vanished" smiling smiley

Posted by: reeko124
Date: June 19, 2009 11:25PM

even stuff like that happens to the best of us grinning smiley

Date: June 19, 2009 11:30PM

I know Reeko, I'm OK now, but when I did my first post I was spitting fire. tongue sticking out smiley

I must sort out a BM manager so I'm protected from this happening again. BUT I will say the bookmarks issue is a constantly occurring question on these forums. Something is not right! smiling smiley

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 20, 2009 12:54AM

Paul
was spitting fire. tongue sticking out smiley

Good custom. So do I after a crash.grinning smiley

I am sure that I found undamaged bookmarks's data in dump. sad smiley

I was sure boiling with anger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2009 12:57AM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.