General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How to get Web Search results in a new tab?
Posted by: dalinian
Date: October 14, 2012 07:25AM

Just started using K-Meleon 1.5.4 on an old 2002 vintage Compaq Evo N160 laptop, and it works beautifully where IE, Firefox and Chrome most definately do not, so I'm very pleased indeed.

If I select text on a web page to define a search string, right-click for the context menu, and choose 'Web Search' > 'Multisearch', then the multiple search results are delivered in new tabs - excellent! But 'Web Search' > 'Google' REPLACES the current web page with the Google search results - and I'd much prefer them to appear in a new tab, but I haven't found a way to make this so. Hence...

Q: How do I get 'Web Search' > 'Google' search results to be delivered in a new tab?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to get Web Search results in a new tab?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 14, 2012 12:10PM

You can change this by using EDIT - PREFERENCES -BROWSING and in the drop down for 'Open' choose 'Selected text'. From there choose 'In a new tab'. You may also choose whether the tab gets focus or is opened in the background.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Re: How to get Web Search results in a new tab?
Posted by: dalinian
Date: October 14, 2012 02:41PM

Perfect answer - many thanks, James. My context menu web searches now deliver results in a new tab, just as I want them to do.

I'm also impressed by the prompt responsiveness of the K-Meleon community to a newbie question.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.