General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Rename-Add to Favorites problem
Posted by: caktus
Date: August 07, 2012 04:34PM

I am using KM 1.6.0 BETA 2 and running Window XP Home Edition.

When I try to use Rename-Add to Favorites I get the errors listed below and the pages are not adds to Favorites:

Window AScript Hosting "1"
and when I click on "OK" I then get this error:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\K-Meleon1.6.0_Beta2_en-US\Profiles\6a5yhqr3.Default OK

Also, the Error Console is empty.

Could someone please tell me what these errors mean and how I can fix the problem?

Thank you,

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2012 04:36PM by caktus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rename-Add to Favorites problem
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 07, 2012 06:51PM

@ Charlie

I am not sure. Let's try to narrow down the possibilities a bit. There are two versions of FavRenAdd. One is for ASCII and the other is international for use with UTF8. Which one are you using?

The second question is the version of Windows Script Host and JScript that you are running. To find that answer, download this file and then double click on it. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/whatVer2.vbs

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: caktus
Date: August 08, 2012 03:55AM

Thank you, JamesD.

Turns out I as using the international version .js with the localized .kmm. Got it working now.smiling smiley

When I click on the whatVer2.vbs it returns JScript 5.6 and JScript 5.8.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 08, 2012 12:07PM

Charlie,

That is good. That was going to be my next question. I hope FavRenAdd does all that you need.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.