New initiative: The K-Meleon place
Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 10, 2012 01:52PM

Dear folks!

I want to share with you my new initiative.
I think there are no buzz in the Web about K-Meleon. The main rule of information era is: no info -> no thing.

The subject which is silent seems to be dead. Like K-M now. But it's not the real death as we can revive project by simply producing information about it. Any buzz will fit - news, testimonials, tutorials, tips&tweaks, propaganda etc.

So I've registered free site http://k-meleon.weebly.com/ and call it for myself 'The K-Meleon Place'.

What is the idea beyond it? Just the place where every KM-user can place his word about the browser. People don't know much about K-Meleon as it is silent in the web.

Chrome and FF shout loudly aboout every little step on their ways, but not KM. OK, we haven't so much to say about real development news. But we have many things about KM to acquaint all users with.

I am convinced that even those who use KM don't touch (and even know) all its power.

So I've created there 6 pages (can be added anytime): main (news) page and 5 blogs: english, russian, deutsch, french, spanish.

The idea is that ANY user, who speaks the language, can write into corresponding blog. Thus we would create user-oriented so to say 'promo'-site - as opposed to the existing pages (official site, wiki, docs) which are very 'technical' now. They are difficult to wade through for new and not technical users who are used to FF or Chrome 'drag-n-click' learning curve.

Only writing there together and reposting all the content in social nets, other pages, linking other materials to our pages, involving new writers and users (and after some time - I'm assured - coders) we can bring the KM project back to life.

I've started to write there in the russian blogpage. And my intention is to create some materials about KM on the other resources (PC magazines, blogs, etc.)

And I invite everybody to share this job, this fun, this way of life with me. Let's tell the world about our browser!

All you need to start as co-creator of that site - send me the letter (you can simply click to the button with my nickname here) - and I'll add you as site editor.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2012 09:26AM by rodocop.

Re: New initiative: The K-Meleon place
Posted by: i. ri.
Date: July 27, 2012 10:49AM

eighteen days and no bites? 27 July by i. ri.
re: rodocop ="Any buzz will fit - " initiative

No rodocop. i. did investigate the .weebl..... page. To discover that for the first time i. be ashamed for our community upon seeing words of "Who .... is that lizard?" Remove the bad words. If there is anything like this in the russian pages take it off. The word propaganda is negative and does imply manipulation and stretching. You refer to self as Marketing Man; the foul word in the beginning sentences will cut your page view time to about two seconds and few visitors will go another page. leave other browsers unnamed. You be critical wading technical phorum yet your front .wee. page is technical; move it to another page if you convinced self. You request we all join one outside page and you suggest reposting. Links to official Kmeleon pages plus the interconnection of our webpages can serve to spread the word; all us jumping onto your page is not consistent with spreading across the www. The share/ get Kmeleon link on my webpage points to ://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/FAQ. i. would be happy to link to pages supporting Kmeleon; i. check my linked pages often for unsavory content. i. have postponed of late reach out to other members to ask permission to link with them until we have a fresh stable release. attention to Kmeleon at this wrong time could lose more than it can gain. priority is a stable release. my goal is to create curiosoty,,, not impart all knowledge.
i. applaud your long-standing enthusiasm for the project. We all appreciate your work. You had idea to call your work .Comm.unity.meleon. Very nice regathering of ideas. It is consistent with this community since the first day we each encountered it.
Keep with the unity. There is a lot of good resource built at Kmeleon.
Instead of creating .wee. page i. wish you had version ready to advertise -watch the olympics on greatest browser-. A big opportunity is missed.
i. had sleepless day watching eight games ,,, how about you?
Respectfully
i. ri.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 27, 2012 08:16PM

This project is dead since two years. No more updates.

Date: December 03, 2012 07:14PM

Dead or not...

I've started to create the KMext 'mirror' at The K-Meleon Place - the page with full list of available extensions from KM Extensions Central plus Extensions not present on KMext plus comments about different aspects of using these addons.

Now only first page of KMext (Privacy and security extensions) is partly filled. You can evaluate the idea and implementation as well as help me a little :drool:

I really need some help in commenting extensions as I haven't tried all of them. And several opinions are always better than one.

Other kind of help is an assistance in creating list of all newer additions and other stuff not stored on KMext (like some macros from JamesD, adodupan, jsnj, Merlin and others).

I think this would be useful for newcomers and all the community.

Any feedback and ideas are welcome.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 03, 2012 09:45PM

@ rodocop

You have set yourself a really big task. Not sure what I can do to help. A large part of what I have written is not in extension format. I have things in the MacroLibrary, KMEXT, and a scattered throughout the forum. A few items were only for me to help my failing memory. A working model beats trying to remember exactly how to do something every time.

Here is a small group to which I have tried to add some description.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/Macros_1.7z

Is there a place that I should upload stuff?

Please let me know the best way that I can help.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: December 04, 2012 09:19AM

James!
I've send you invitation from weebly.com where K-Meleon Place is hosted now.

You need to create you account there (or login through Facebook) and then you can start as one of the administrators of that site.

I've got your macros and going to upload them to The K-Meleon Place directly (it supports small files).

You can copy some portion of descriptions from Extensions page and edit them in any editor to create YOUR macros descriptions. Then you can send me the result (or add it directly to the page on Weebly in Edit mode - it's very easy and visual) and I'll do the rest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2012 09:24AM by rodocop.

Date: December 04, 2012 09:23AM

Anybody who feel himself able to help with KM Place - comment extensions, create blog posts or anyhow else - just send me a letter to my gmx-postbox (in profile) and I'll reply you with invitation to become one of the co-authors on The K-Meleon Place

Date: December 05, 2012 12:12PM

Si - es un sitio nuevo hecho por mi.
Tu puedes ser uno de los autores del blog español.

Envíame un correo electrónico a la dirección especificada en mi perfil - entonces puedo enviar la invitación para ti a convertirse en un patrocinador del blog y sitio.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.