General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-MELEON IS UNCOMPATIBLE FOR SITES AS GMAIL, MSN AND MORE!!! HELP ME!!
Posted by: Rolf
Date: June 30, 2012 01:25AM

Hello friends! I have version 1.6 of K-Meleon, the latest version not stable, and K-Meleon 1.6 + db versions and my problem is I can not chat using the GMAIL page: I get a message Saying i should upgrade my browser for a like Chrome , Firefox or Internet Explorer 8: no way to solve the problem? My computer is very old and K-Meleon always worked well everywhere, hopefully soon support html: thank you very much! I try changing the agent, but there is no way to navigate in a compatible manner. Many people feel the same, so I hope to give a final solution. Thank you very much!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-MELEON IS UNCOMPATIBLE FOR SITES AS GMAIL, MSN AND MORE!!! HELP ME!!
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: June 30, 2012 06:46AM

No reason to speak loud ...

It's not a K-Meleon version reason, but often the sites which don't recognize K-Meleon as a Gecko browser.

Just change the userString, and it's often enough. Tools => UserString
Choose personnalized, and paste the one keept in Firefos, or on this forum

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: ndebord
Date: June 30, 2012 02:51PM

Rolf
Hello friends! I have version 1.6 of K-Meleon, the latest version not stable, and K-Meleon 1.6 + db versions and my problem is I can not chat using the GMAIL page: I get a message Saying i should upgrade my browser for a like Chrome , Firefox or Internet Explorer 8: no way to solve the problem? My computer is very old and K-Meleon always worked well everywhere, hopefully soon support html: thank you very much! I try changing the agent, but there is no way to navigate in a compatible manner. Many people feel the same, so I hope to give a final solution. Thank you very much!
\

Rolf,

For everyday browsing, nothing beats K-Meleon for its efficient use of limited memory and slow CPU. However, for some sites, even with useragent spoofing techniques, nothing can be done with it. I use the browser.kmm macro which allows me to right click on a difficult site and load up a portable firefox that I have tweaked to make it as efficient as possible, inside the limitations of its XUL XPI architecture.

-----------------------------cut and paste this into a text file, call it browser.kmm and copy it into your macros folder

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)
#
# browser.kmm v.0.1 --------------------------------------------------------------------
# Copy browser.kmm into your macros folder, usually c:\program files\K-meleon\macros
# Dependencies : main.kmm
# Preferences : kmeleon.plugins.macros.browser.
# Author : adodupan
#
#The end user adds an item on the menu for every browser or delete any item from the menu.
# It is not necessary to restart km, after selecting the exe file, the item will appear in the menu.
# To add items:
# Tools > Open in browser > Add a new browser
# To open a website you need to right click.
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."browser;";
$OnInit=$OnInit."_browser_01;_browser_02;";
$__browser_10="kmeleon.plugins.macros.browser.";

_browser_01{
setmenu("&Tools",popup,"&Open in browser",2);
setmenu("&Open in browser",macro,"&Add a new browser",_browser_04,0);
setmenu("&Open in browser",separator,-1);
}
_browser_02{
$List=getpref(STRING,$__browser_10."items"); $ExecMacros="_browser_03"; &ExecMacros_List;
}
_browser_03{
setmenu(DocumentOpenExternal,macro,"Open in ".$ListItem,"_browser_07(".$ListItem.")");
setmenu(LinkOpenExternal,macro,"Open in ".$ListItem,"_browser_08(".$ListItem.")");
setmenu(_Go_Open,macro,"Open in ".$ListItem,"_browser_09(".$ListItem.")");
setmenu("&Open in browser",macro,"Delete ".$ListItem,"_browser_05(".$ListItem.")");
}
_browser_04{
macroinfo=_("Set the name for the new browser!");
$__browser_11=prompt(_("The name will appear as an item in the menu"),_("Name of browser"),"The name should be unique!");
if($__browser_11=="The name should be unique!" or index($__browser_11,";")>-1 or index(getpref(STRING,$__browser_10."items"),$__browser_11.";")>-1) {
$__browser_12=confirm("Try again with another name!",_("Name of browser"),YESNO,QUESTION);
$__browser_12=="YES"?&_browser_04:0;
}else{
setpref(STRING,$__browser_10."items",getpref(STRING,$__browser_10."items").$__browser_11.";");
$__browser_13=$__browser_11; &_browser_06; &_browser_02;
}
}
_browser_05{
macroinfo=_("Delete from the list");
$__browser_14=$ARG;
setpref(STRING,$__browser_10."items",sub($__browser_14.";","",getpref(STRING,$__browser_10."items")));
getpref(STRING,$__browser_10."items")==""?delpref($__browser_10."items"):0;
delpref($__browser_10.$__browser_14.".path");
setmenu(DocumentOpenExternal,macro,"Open in ".$__browser_14,);
setmenu(LinkOpenExternal,macro,"Open in ".$__browser_14,);
setmenu(_Go_Open,macro,"Open in ".$__browser_14,);
setmenu("&Open in browser",macro,"Delete ".$__browser_14,);
}
_browser_06{
setpref(STRING,$__browser_10.$__browser_13.".path",promptforfile("",$__browser_13,"*.exe"));
if(getpref(STRING,$__browser_10.$__browser_13.".path")=="") {
delpref($__browser_10.$__browser_13.".path");
setpref(STRING,$__browser_10."items",sub($__browser_13.";","",getpref(STRING,$__browser_10."items")));
getpref(STRING,$__browser_10."items")==""?delpref($__browser_10."items"):0;
}
}
_browser_07{
macroinfo=_("Open in this browser");
$__browser_15=$ARG;
exec(getpref(STRING,$__browser_10.$__browser_15.".path")." ".$URL);
}
_browser_08{
$__browser_16=$ARG;
exec(getpref(STRING,$__browser_10.$__browser_16.".path")." ".$LinkURL);
}
_browser_09{
$__browser_17=$ARG;
$__browser_18=$URLBAR; $__browser_18==""?$__browser_18=$URL:0;
exec(getpref(STRING,$__browser_10.$__browser_17.".path")." ".$__browser_18);
}

---------------------

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2012 02:52PM by ndebord.

: k-meleon still is uncompatible for sites as gmail and more! Help me please!
Posted by: Vito
Date: July 07, 2012 03:20PM

Hi Jujuland: Thank you for your help but unfortunately my K.Meleon db 1.6.17 + is inconsistent for sites like Gmail: follow your indication, go to: Tools, User Agent, Custom: custom copy and paste in this you have told me that place: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US, rv: 1.9.2.28) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28
That was it, my browser was set to Spanish, but I put it in English, if there was wrong.
If I do something more than somebody tell me, also install the Visual +2005, because if not I can not see properly install the browser toolbar. Help me please, if it were not for that problem, this version of K-Meleon is the best and best of all browsers. A greeting and thank you very much! Vito

Date: July 07, 2012 03:20PM

Jujuland Hello, Thank you for your help but unfortunately my K.Meleon db 1.6.17 + is inconsistent for sites like Gmail: follow your indication, go to: Tools, User Agent, Custom: custom copy and paste in this you have told me that place: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US, rv: 1.9.2.28) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28
That was it, my browser was set to Spanish, but I put it in English, if there was wrong.
If I do something more than somebody tell me, also install the Visual +2005, because if not I can not see properly install the browser toolbar. Help me please, if it were not for that problem, this version of K-Meleon is the best and best of all browsers. A greeting and thank you very much! Vito

Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 07, 2012 06:23PM

Vito,

db-versions of KM have the best english UA-string inside yet - use it:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.29) Gecko/20120126 Firefox/3.6.29

And yes, you need install MS Visual C++ 2005 redistributables

K-MELEON IS UNCOMPATIBLE FOR SITES AS GMAIL, MSN AND MORE!!! HELP ME!!
Date: July 07, 2012 08:19PM

Thanks for answering, but my K-Meleon is inconsistent at least gmail: copy and paste user agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US, rv: 1.9.2.29) Gecko/20120126 Firefox/3.6.29 but it seems that there is no way to use some version of K-Meleon is compatible with G -Mail, Hotmail, and other places more. If anyone has any magic formula to make compatible with K-Meleon please I hope the answer.
On the other hand, the version 1.6.17 db takes a long time to open when you start K-Meleon:, which does not happen with the stable version: I hope soon to give final solution to both problems. Thank you very much!

Date: July 07, 2012 09:04PM

where do you paste UA-string into?

This helps to all, so something is wrong with your config.

Try to use CommMeleon 1.6 from my signature - it's portable so no need to delete your current K-Meleon

Date: July 07, 2012 09:18PM

I've checked gmail with the same build you use (it's my default too) - just ignore the Google message about outdated browser and reject an offer to update it. Then you would be redirected to the simplified version of gmail.

Just select standard version below the page.

Try one more user agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20120403211507 Firefox/12.0

incompatibility no more problems!
Date: July 08, 2012 09:45PM

Hello rodocop, jujuland and all fans of K-Meleon! Thanks, endless thanks to all! And you, rodocop, the jackpot, because you provided me the user agent suitable for K-Meleon, run a good time with full compatibility in all web sites! You're an idol, almost like Messi, or David Trezeguet (ex Monaco, es Juventus,ex French team and currently the best player in Argentina's River Plate club. Finally, someone knows that means the signs (+) and (- ) next to the download links and differences between db 1.7.29 (+), db 1.7.29 (-), 1.6.17 db (+), 1.6.17db (-) and 1.6.0 beta2? Many thanks

Re: incompatibility no more problems!
Date: July 09, 2012 11:17AM

Vito,
read the kmfiles readme for notes about db-builds

P.S. Want to make me a football-related compliment? Call me 'Shava' in honour of Andrew Arshavin - not the best of all but the best St.-Petersburg player ever. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2012 12:16PM by rodocop.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.