As I understand you need somethink like symlinks to you favorites. This isn't possible here, but why not to simply copy needed links to Toolbar Folder?
Use Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V inside Bookmarks Editor to copy links where they are and copy into Toolbar folder.
Thanks; this suggestion steered me in the direction I wished to go.
For any others who might want a bookmarks toolbar that contains only selected URLs, here are the steps:
(1) Ctrl-B to Edit bookmarks
(2) Right click on All Bookmarks, and create New Folder
(3) Rename New Folder to My Faves (or whatever pleases you)
(4) Copy & paste the URLs you want visible in the Personal Toolbar to the My Faves folder
(5) Right click on the My Faves folder and click on Set as Toolbar Folder
(5) Click on View; click on Bookmarks.