General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
"DL Selection with oget"
Posted by: nbarzgar
Date: December 24, 2008 04:59AM

Hello there,

I love K-Meleon and have successfully installed oget, working well with FDM.

What I would like (as is possible in Firefox+FlashGot and Opera+oget[Opera-version]) is a context-menu entry like "Download selection with oget", which would treat highlighted text as so many links and then start the usual DL>oget>FDM.

Could anyone help me with that? I have tried to understand the manual editing of the menu.cfg, etc., but I am not expert enough to get it right in a reasonable time-frame.

Thank you!! grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "DL Selection with oget"
Posted by: guenter
Date: December 24, 2008 07:46AM

nbarzgar
I ... have successfully installed oget, working well with FDM.

I have tried to understand the manual editing of the menu.cfg, etc., but I am not expert enough to get it right in a reasonable time-frame.

I am no expert at all. I do not use the applcation so I do not understand what You need for it or whether it is possible to do.

The entries of new items/applications are in their kmm files (macros that call them).
So You do not have to understand the menu.cfg.

I do not understand the macro language.:mad: When I need to build a kmm :drool:- I use the example used for a similar application to get it done. grinning smiley

Examples kmm of menu entries and buttons for download applications and other gadjets are on the k-meleon extension page and in the K-Meleon macro library..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2008 07:46AM by guenter.

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 24, 2008 07:46PM

I suppuse you are using this macro file or similar.
In BuildMenu function macro add this line to create acontext menu entry when selected text:
setmenu("Selection",macro,"Download with oGet","Oget");

Or try with this other:
setmenu("Selection",macro,"Download with oGet","DownloadSelection");
And add this new macro function:
DownloadSelection{
exec(sub("%1",$SelectedText,$_Oget_CommandLine));
}

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: nbarzgar
Date: December 26, 2008 09:48AM

guenter
I do not understand the macro language.mad smiley When I need to build a kmm drool smiley- I use the example used for a similar application to get it done. grinning smiley
You don't say... smiling smiley Usually, that's exactly what I do. I assumed the menu.cfg had to be edited.
Why do you think I posted this question? Because no one so far had published any information on this particular point. Thanks to desga2 this is now remedied. Still, thank you for taking the trouble!

@desga2
I'll try this and post back, thank you very much for the fast reply!

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 26, 2008 03:53PM

nbarzgar
Because no one so far had published any information on this particular point.

:s @
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/MacroLanguage
http://freenet-homepage.de/CoolMcKluus/software/kmeleon/project/reference/macrolanguage/

The top download at this page with code by Foobarly may have info for Your work
(\_/)
(• •)
 (V)  
  '

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2008 04:00PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.