General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
force cache writing to disk?
Posted by: laurent
Date: August 19, 2008 01:49PM

G’day everyone.

Fumbling around lately with cache-data (in order to recover volatile information), I was wondering if there’s any mean in KM to "convert" memory-cache into disk-cache, or to force "no-cache"-"no-store" data to be written to disk anyway (or, at least, to make it exploitable in some way). Any hint, even outgoing the boundaries of gecko/KM, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

--L.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: force cache writing to disk?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 19, 2008 07:43PM

I am using KM 1.5 and in PREFERENCES - NETWORK/PERFORMANCE - CACHE there is a box for doing cache in memory. It can be un-checked. I do not know if this will force existing cache stuff to disk or not.

Date: August 19, 2008 09:19PM

Thanks!
I’ll give it a try...

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 19, 2008 09:46PM

If you need info on what is in cache, take a look at this thread. http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,81596,81625#msg-81625

Date: August 19, 2008 11:24PM

Thanks again.
The macro is neat and I’ll implement it for sure, as I’m a big fan of nearly every program written by Mr Sofer...
But in my case, it seems that there is no way to bypass HTTP-instructions: every bit of data is missing in the cache, even by using the trick you suggested... I guess my last chance to grab the data is orienting myself towards packet-capturing software...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.