General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Navigate between tabs
Posted by: jmz2
Date: May 10, 2008 08:00PM

Hello,

WOW!!! Just discover this little piece of art!!! I was looking for a light web browser and I have found K-Meleon, congratulations guys!!.

Just for reference, I have 2 windows of Firefox with 60 tabs open (more or less) and is taking 260Mb Ram (just with a couple of extensions installed). I open 2 windows of K-meleon and open in each the same tabs that Firefox are running. The result is that K-meleon takes 123Mb Ram (that's less than half!!!) and if I minimize k-meleon....WOW....15Mb RAM!!!

Well, now I write my problem. As you can see I am a high number of tabs open surfer, then I need to move easily between them. The problem is that K-meleon only display the tabs that fit on the window, the rest that are on the right are only accessible using the menu text displayed on the double arrow button on the right end of the tab navigation panel.

In Firefox you have one button on each end of the tab panel that allows you to move from right to left across your tabs, can this be done on K-meleon? Basically this allows you to have on screen the tabs that you are interested in. I have been looking for it but unable to find it, please give me a hand on this.

Many thanks for all and keep the good job up!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navigate between tabs
Posted by: desga2
Date: May 10, 2008 09:00PM

What really you like said?
Drag&drop to move the order tabs? This is implemented in next version 1.5. You can test beta version available to download.

Or you like said buttons to go next or previus tab.

Or you are refferer to a list of tabs. (popup or context menu)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: May 11, 2008 12:42AM

I refer to the following:

Imagine that you have 30 tabs open. They do not display all together in the window of K-meleon because they do not fit. So k-meleon shows only (lets say) 10 tabs, they are the first 10 tabs from left to right.

Now imagine you want to show on the windows from tabs 15 to 25 (for example), this is: you want to have in top of your browsing area tabs 15-25 while you are browsing. What can you do to achieve this?

Firefox implements 2 buttoms (one on the left and one on the right) at the end of the tabs panel, each button allows you to move the tabs (scroll them). BTW, IE also has this feature, just checked it.

Hope I made myself clear. Many thanks for your help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2008 12:47AM by jmz2.

Date: May 11, 2008 12:15PM

Ok, i understand it, but this isn't implemented yet.
But is possible that you can do it in next version 1.5, this use real tabs (not layers) as Firefox.
I tried with 1.5 beta (current beta version), but there isn't any function implemented to do this yet.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: May 11, 2008 04:38PM

Many thanks for your help.

I am going to post this on the request forum for future improvements.

BTW, what's the diference between real tabs and the layers of K-Meleon?

Thanks.

Date: May 11, 2008 05:02PM

Real tabs (native Windows (O.S.) tabs) are better, tabs use less resources and support drag&drop.
Layers are tabs emulated, really are windows used as tabs.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2008 05:43PM by desga2.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.