General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Reply in Yahoo Mail
Posted by: Elwood
Date: May 12, 2008 11:56PM

I am using K-Meleon 1.1.5 and the new Yahoo! Mail on a Windows Vista machine. I can read and compose mail without difficulty, but when I try to reply to an email, the reply window is opened but it is empty and I am unable to compose the reply message. I would appreciate any assistance with this matter that could be offered.

Elwood

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reply in Yahoo Mail
Posted by: phatman
Date: May 13, 2008 12:57AM

No compose, no spell check and now no reply! Makes you wonder does anyone still Yahooooo?

i can't read,compose.delete,edit,forword in my mail
Posted by: gagan jaiswal
Date: May 13, 2008 08:06AM

i can't read,compose.delete,edit,forword in my mail

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: May 13, 2008 10:21AM

Use Yahoo Mail Classic. I never had a problem with K-meleon.

The new Mail, as checks the version of the browsers continuously is NOT recommended but if you are asking yourself, yes, they offer the same functionality, just one is "web 2.0" and the other not.

Posted by: desga2
Date: May 13, 2008 11:04AM

JohnHell
Use Yahoo Mail Classic. I never had a problem with K-meleon.

The new Mail, as checks the version of the browsers continuously is NOT recommended but if you are asking yourself, yes, they offer the same functionality, just one is "web 2.0" and the other not.

I agree with JohnHell, not everything new is better.

Are you tried to changed User Agent string to Firefox?
Tools -> User Agent -> Firefox

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2008 11:06AM by desga2.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: May 13, 2008 11:30AM

desga2
Are you tried to change User Agent string to Firefox?
Tools -> User Agent -> Firefox

I don't recommend that, even using the Seamonkey user agent (updated and modified via "I10n.js") doesn't work... perfectly.

I don't recommend anything beyond send messages, as I did several times, to Yahoo requesting to stop browser checking and/or add K-meleon or others (as Opera) as fully compliant as they are.

Something as they do with their videos, that is not the best, but now they use flash that is "compliant" with all browsers, not the best, but stopped the stupid browser checking.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2008 11:32AM by JohnHell.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.