Page not displayed correctly
Posted by: GB
Date: December 21, 2011 07:14PM

I'm new to K-meleon, it's really fast on my computer from 98', but i have a problem. When i go to my Facebook profile then my wall is not displayed correctly. How do I fix this problem?

My pc:

Operating system: Windows 2000
RAM: 64MB
Processor: Intel Pentium 3 (735Mhz)
K-meleon: 1.5.4

Re: Page not displayed correctly
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: December 21, 2011 08:26PM

"Sadly", the easiest way, switching to newer version with newer GRE engine too.

Then you have the 1.6 beta 2 (1.6b2, and better with JamesD updates, so 1.6b2.4), or using 1.7 alpha.

You can download the 1.6 versions from the first fixed thread on this General forum. And the 1.7 from the dev releases: http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmeleon/files/k-meleon-dev/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2011 08:27PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: GB
Date: December 21, 2011 09:31PM

Thank you very much for your answer. I'm new with K-meleon, i haven't used it before, but now i'm using it because of the speed on my old Packard Bell from 98'.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: December 21, 2011 10:05PM

I didn't say, but if you decide to switch remember to make backup of your profiles winking smiley

Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 22, 2011 12:31AM

... or use portable builds, installing (just unpacking) them in their own folders.

Links to that builds you can find by searching the forum or simply from my signature (some of them - being used by myself - are there).

Posted by: JQP
Date: January 02, 2012 04:17PM

Hi, I just installed K-Meleon because I got tired of Firefox hogging memory. I really want to like K-Meleon because it's so similar to FF to use, and more importantly, it seems to use a small fraction of the memory FF does.

But the first problem I've run into is column width. E.g., browse a blog at blogspot and see how narrow the column is. Zoom just makes the text bigger without making the columns wider. Same with Google.

Any help for this?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 03, 2012 12:54AM

If your mouse has a wheel, then try this. Hold down the CTRL key and rotate the wheel. See if that changes the size in the way you need.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.