Don't want to be redirected to "basic html version" in gmail. can i fix this?
Posted by: frascati
Date: December 18, 2011 05:19PM

Sorry if this has been covered here. I did a search but didn't see it.
Google gmail now opens in k-meleon with the following error message

Some important features may not work in this version of your browser, so you have been redirected to the Basic HTML version. Upgrade to a modern browser, such as Google Chrome. Try standard version anyway.

...and, naturally, there are no functions, such as spell check, available in this mode. Yet clicking on "try standard version anyway" opens a mostly functional "standard version" which I'm pretty happy using. So how can I keep gmail from automatically redirecting me to the html version? Can I change settings in kmeleon or in gmail that will induce it to just open the standard version?

Re: Don't want to be redirected to "basic html version" in gmail. can i fix this?
Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 18, 2011 06:04PM

The same question every time :-)

What is your KM version? If using 1.5.x then best you can do is to upgrade to new 1.6 or 1.7.
You can try portable builds from my signature or search this forum for more links.

In my 1.7 build I have no problems with Gmail.

Re: Don't want to be redirected to "basic html version" in gmail. can i fix this?
Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 19, 2011 06:23PM

frascati
Sorry if this has been covered here. I did a search but didn't see it.
Google gmail now opens in k-meleon with the following error message

Some important features may not work in this version of your browser, so you have been redirected to the Basic HTML version. Upgrade to a modern browser, such as Google Chrome. Try standard version anyway.

...and, naturally, there are no functions, such as spell check, available in this mode. Yet clicking on "try standard version anyway" opens a mostly functional "standard version" which I'm pretty happy using. So how can I keep gmail from automatically redirecting me to the html version? Can I change settings in kmeleon or in gmail that will induce it to just open the standard version?

frascati,

If you are using K-Meleon 1.6beta2, you can change the user agent string to use most, but not all of Google's offerings, including the standard Gmail instead of the older, basic html version.

There are many spoof user agent strings available for K-Meleon 1.6.xxx. this is one that I use successfully at Gmail.... Google Docs is another issue. It works somewhat, but no drag and drop from Windows Explorer for file transfer.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:8.0a2) Gecko/20110911 Firefox/8.0a2

N

Posted by: Waseem
Date: May 02, 2012 03:27PM
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: May 03, 2012 09:36PM

Thanks for the link Waseem smiling smiley

Posted by: mikka
Date: April 05, 2013 01:35PM

Gmail doesn't work in K-meleon if you enable CSS Ad-blocking, some messages will be hidden. (you can add gmail to whitelist though).

RE: I want to be redirected to "basic html version" in gmail. can i fix this?
Posted by: James Tumuheirwe
Date: January 27, 2016 03:55PM

Please I will glad to be changed to basic htnl version.

Posted by: nikhitha
Date: April 08, 2016 09:27AM

i don't want to redirect to basic html version to my system

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: April 08, 2016 05:07PM

I'm not sure what the three posters previous to mine wanted to accomplish but they did not mention what version of K-meleon they are using.

Try using either KM 75.1 or 76 beta for GMail.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: April 08, 2016 05:47PM

Quite obvious

Posted by: Olusegun Adeoni
Date: January 16, 2018 09:38PM

You have been redirected to the basic HTML version because this browser is not supported. To use standard view please upgrade to a supported browser.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 16, 2018 10:47PM

Olusegun Adeoni
You have been redirected to the basic HTML version because this browser is not
supported. To use standard view please upgrade to a supported browser.

K-Meleon version?

Posted by: panzer
Date: January 27, 2018 07:31PM

What I hate about Gmail is that in standard version you don't necessarily see all the messages like in html version. I figured that out because I could sign out only in html version - and there it was; in all white because it was not opened.

KmG version works fine in Gmail, but I still check html version just in case...

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2018 07:35PM by panzer.

Posted by: ScarletWavez
Date: January 31, 2018 08:59AM

I prefer the HTML interface as it just looks a lot cleaner and doesn't have any of the bloat tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Joseph
Date: July 02, 2019 04:02AM

Thanks a lot !!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.