General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How to disable "remember" prompt?
Posted by: lphilpot
Date: March 28, 2008 01:59AM

I've searched the forums and looked through the FAQs, configs, etc. but haven't seen an answer to this -

How do I disable the dialog that asks "Do you want to remember the values you filled in? Yes, No, Never for this site"?

I don't see any likely plugins enabled that would cause this and have seen nothing about it in the documentation (unless I just overlooked it). It's not consistent, and sometimes even if I select "Never for this site" is asks again, so I'd like to just completely disable it. But how? about:config? If so, what preference?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to disable "remember" prompt?
Posted by: kko
Date: March 28, 2008 06:53AM

It's pretty simple. When you log in to a site for the first time, km will ask you whether you want to save the login information:

1) Yes: Remember the data and automatically fill in the next visit.
2) No: Don't remember the data. Ask again the next visit.
3) Never for this site: Don't remember the data and don't ask again the next visit.

When you are asked again the next visit although you had chosen 1) or 3), it's due to the site and no failure of the browser. Sites can try to prevent you from automating the login.

If you don't want the browser to remember any login data, open Edit > Advanced Preferences > Privacy & Security > General and uncheck "Remember login data".

Posted by: caktus
Date: March 28, 2008 10:26AM

I too have been wanting to stop this notice from popping up as I do not want any login data saved to the local computer. However, "Remember login data" is already unchecked.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: March 28, 2008 11:35AM

It's not checked - In fact, it's greyed out and disabled (in the unchecked state). I have just disabled the Privacy plugin, so I'll see if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Posted by: kko
Date: March 28, 2008 12:43PM

lphilpot
It's not checked - In fact, it's greyed out and disabled (in the unchecked state).

Yes, sorry, in km 1.1.x this check box is disabled. It's under Edit > Preferences > General > Remember passwords.

lphilpot
I have just disabled the Privacy plugin, so I'll see if that makes any difference.

Nope, that can't make any difference.

Have you tried to clear the passwords (requires the Privacy plugin)?

Date: March 28, 2008 07:33PM

kko
Have you tried to clear the passwords (requires the Privacy plugin)?

Done that. :-) Also, the Remember Passwords option was not enabled to start with.

Thanks.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.