General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
FONT RESIZING & EMAIL CONFIGURATION
Posted by: andy675
Date: December 28, 2007 06:33PM

Hi,I have just started using K-meleon & I am still working out some fine tuning details. If possible, could someone please help with the following-
1. Is there a way to permanently increase Font size within the Browser. I am currently using the zoom in/out buttons to increase font etc, however, is there something in the preferences I could use to keep a permanent larger size (I could not find it).

2. I use Gmail via Thunderbird as my default email client and would like to be able to access Thunderbird via the email button within the browser. Could someone please advise what configuration file I would use for Thunderbird.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

abgg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FONT RESIZING & EMAIL CONFIGURATION
Posted by: sliderule
Date: December 28, 2007 07:23PM

andy675:

Welcome to the world of K-Meleon.

I will assume, you are using version 1.1.3 -- the "official" version of K-Meleon.

To answer your questions:

1. Regarding "default minimum" font sizes . . . from the menu:

Edit -> Preferences -> on the right . . . Display should be clicked . . . and towards the bottom on the left is an option for "Minimum font size for web"

You can enter a value here, I would suggest starting with 15 . . . and . . . try it . . . experiment with different numbers until you find the value ( number ) that best meets your needs.

2. Regarding Thunderbird as your default email client, from the menu:

Tools -> Mail and News -> Configure Mail...

a popup will be displayed. Enter here the 'path' to your email programme AND -mail at the end

For me ( path might be different for you ) my entry is (including the double quotes):

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe" -mail

I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Sliderule

Re: FONT RESIZING & EMAIL CONFIGURATION
Posted by: andy675
Date: December 28, 2007 08:29PM

Thanks Sliderule......all ok re the fonts & not yet re Thunderbird, however, you have set me on the right path. Yes I am using version 1.1.13.

Thanks again

abgg

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.