General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Uninstalling
Posted by: KR
Date: October 21, 2011 12:31PM

How do you uninstall this program? I just want to be rid of it. Every morning I get a pop up window telling me I didn't close the browser properly the last time I used it, which is total garbage as I've only used it once to see how it looks and certainly closed it correctly. I have tried uninstalling it multiple times but nothing happens. The uninstall window just sits there doing nothing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Uninstalling
Posted by: ndebord
Date: October 21, 2011 02:19PM

KR
How do you uninstall this program? I just want to be rid of it. Every morning I get a pop up window telling me I didn't close the browser properly the last time I used it, which is total garbage as I've only used it once to see how it looks and certainly closed it correctly. I have tried uninstalling it multiple times but nothing happens. The uninstall window just sits there doing nothing.

KR,

Did you install it for multiple users? If you did, I suggest add/remove from the control panel to find K-Meleon and remove it. Or you can use Revouninstaller, which is a 3rd party uninstall program that does a good job and cleans the registry too.

Below is a link to the portable version which works well.

http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/revo_uninstaller_portable

Hope this helps.

N

Date: October 21, 2011 07:15PM

Thanks for the link. Couldn't get the program to install, but did from the developer's site. However, it's not having any better luck. I get the same "go nowhere" uninstall window as before. Just a blank progress bar and no way to even cancel other than using the Task manager as all the buttons are dimmed. I am the only user of this computer.

Date: October 22, 2011 12:28AM

KR
Thanks for the link. Couldn't get the program to install, but did from the developer's site. However, it's not having any better luck. I get the same "go nowhere" uninstall window as before. Just a blank progress bar and no way to even cancel other than using the Task manager as all the buttons are dimmed. I am the only user of this computer.

What version of K-Meleon did you install and what operating system are you using. Worse case, you could manually delete the entire K-Meleon folder and thereby get rid of the program. Then you could use something like RegSeeker to hunt down all the registry entries and manually delete them one at a time.

http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

Am a little confused here. You couldn't get Revouninstaller to load up? If so, then you may have other problems besides K-Meleon.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2011 12:29AM by ndebord.

Date: October 22, 2011 08:53PM

Problem solved. I downloaded K-Meleon again, reinstalled it and then uninstalled. Worked like a charm. Don't know what the problem was with the original version I had (which was the same one as the one I downloaded the second time), but this maneuver did the trick.

Date: October 22, 2011 09:09PM

KR
Problem solved. I downloaded K-Meleon again, reinstalled it and then uninstalled. Worked like a charm. Don't know what the problem was with the original version I had (which was the same one as the one I downloaded the second time), but this maneuver did the trick.

KR,

Glad you got it fixed.... have done similar in the past. <g>

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.