General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Creating New profiles with specified proxies
Posted by: Immortal
Date: September 13, 2011 04:52PM

Heya. Guys, id like to know if i can create new profiles with defined proxies.

Example. I have 5 proxies.

Manually i need to create profile, tools-proxy-new conf etc.
It is so long to use it with lots of proxy servers.
Any info is welcome.
Thanks in advance grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Creating New profiles with specified proxies
Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 13, 2011 08:52PM

I see no one has answered you yet. I don't know how much help I will be because I don't use a proxy.

I see that there is a configuration for a proxy. If you complete the form there, you can use a (1) proxy. If you go back to that configuration form a second time, must you change the first proxy or can you set up a second?

While I wait on your answer, I will research multi-profiles for KM. I do know that multi-profile is possible. I just don't do it myself.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 13, 2011 09:31PM

If you need multiple profiles for proxies, then this is how you might do that.

1) Under EDIT is an item called 'Manage Profiles'. Click on that and a window will open where you can create another profile.
2) Choose 'New' and give the new profile a name. Choose a short name, but one that will identify which proxy you want it to use.
3) Put a check mark in the box for 'Ask at startup'.
4) Click on 'OK'.
5) Use EDIT > CONFIGURATION > PROFILE DIRECTORY to find the location of your current profile. Make a note of the location.
6) Close KM.
7) Start KM again and choose the new profile. Do steps 5 and 6 for this profile.
8) With KM closed, use file manager and go the location of the new profile. The folder name will have some random character plus the name that you gave it. Erase everything in the folder, but not the folder itself.
9) Go the location of your original profile folder and copy everything in that folder, but not the folder itself.
10) Go to the new profile folder and past the contents of the old folder there.
11) Now you have two equal profiles. Start KM and choose the new profile. Edit the proxy config in this profile for a different proxy.

I really hope my first post will work and you can have different proxy configs in a single profile. If that does not work, then this should give you a method to create multiple profiles.

Posted by: Immortal
Date: September 14, 2011 05:00AM

hmm grinning smiley im asking the other thing, ofc i can lots profiles and setup different proxy for each, but i can do it manually, and it takes loooots of time ;(

Posted by: adodupan
Date: September 14, 2011 06:08AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2016 07:05PM by adodupan.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.