Which version of KM are you using? I just went to www.google.com and clicked on the "sign in" and got a Google page with a name and password area. I am using KM 1.6.0 beta2. 1.6 has a newer engine than 1.5.4 and that could account for the difference. I have not tried with 1.5.4. I do have cookies but no proxy.
I'm using the last stable version, 1.5.4.
I found that it's not just google - it's all https sites. I must have some sort of setting screwed up thats preventing K-Meleon from accessing secure sites.
Edit: 20 Aug 8:42 am EDT - OK, here's the thing. Since it was a problem with https sites, I thought I'd hunt down where K-Meleon handles that sort of thing. I found it in: Preferences/Privacy & Security/Encryption/Encrypted Transmission
I decided to play with the settings. I unchecked Enable Transport Layer Security (TLS)
and was able to access Google Mail. I decided to see if I could duplicate the previous behavior but when I rechecked Enable Transport Layer Security (TLS)
, I was still able to get into Google Mail or any https site.
I will try rebooting to see if the problem returns, else it can be assumed that security was disabled after installation and poking at it reenabled it.
Edit: 20 Aug 9:19 am EDT - I was able to reproduce the problem after the reboot. I am using WinXP with the latest updates on an Intel Pentium III, 1Ghz processor, 512 Mb RAM, COMODO firewall, Avira antivirus with WebGuard off and Toplang Internet Lock
to keep the kids honest ;).
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2011 01:27PM by shadeclan.