Sometimes, I don't know how and when, the red underlining disappeared and I forgot this problem almost completely. But abaout 2 weeks ago I lost my setteings and must make them anew, and together with it was the underlining back.
Now I found some hints here in the forum:
1. Somewhere I could read the suggestion, "layout.textarea.spellcheckDefault" to set to false
. Found in kmeleon.js, done, but this alone didn't help.
The problem is that happens without any spellchecker plugin LOL.
I was writting here and at the next moment, without doing anything... boom, underlinings everywhere.
Looks as if it was taking this thing from an unkown pref or something or maybe my es-ES dictionary or... who know, because even in the prefs, it is disabled... weird weird weird.
You can disable Spell Check completly by adding an integer named layout.spellcheck and give it a value of 0.
Than I searched by Windows all files containig "layout.spellcheck" in the KM folder and found
The 1st one is irrelevant for this, it checks this value, it's not possible to change here anything by smiple text editing without a large risk to destroy something. But in the others I did as recommended, set "layout.spellcheck" to value 0 and the underlining is now away.
I'm not sure if all these steps are necessary, perheaps only one of them but have no mind now to play with it on, it's secure not false if they all are set so. And it's documented and foundable with the forum search function here (search word "spell") for future purpose if somebody needs.
Also the suggestion from siria here above (21th July 2011 17:48), to do it via about:config
, to set all values found under the term "spell" accordingly, shell lead to the destination. But it seems the editing of about:config doesn't work in the KM 1.7 alpha (if anybody knows a patch for it I'll be thankful for a message).
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2016 02:56PM by Mikk.