General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Help needed on inject(JS) function
Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 17, 2011 09:04PM

I am trying to help a user who is requesting that the URL be included with the 'Save Page As' menu item. http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,117780

I have found where to intervene in the code, but I have no experience using inject(JS). If anyone knows how to use this to place the URL at the bottom of the source code, please let me know how to code the statement.

This is my code for the menu item:

savepagewithorgin.kmm

#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
#
# ---------- savepagewithorgin.kmm
# Dependencies        : main.kmm
# Resources           : -  
# Preferences         : -
# Version             : .1 2011_07_17    JamesD
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_savepagewithorgin_RunCode {
alert("savepagewithorgin is running", $URL, INFO);

#  injectJS( JS [, location ]); 

id(ID_FILE_SAVE_AS);
}

_savepagewithorgin_BuildMenu {
	setmenu("OpenSave",macro,"Save page w/orgin..",_savepagewithorgin_RunCode);
}

## - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
$OnInit=$OnInit."_savepagewithorgin_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."savepagewithorgin;";

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help needed on inject(JS) function
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 17, 2011 09:59PM

+

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 10:05PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: siria
Date: July 17, 2011 10:05PM

oops ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 10:05PM by siria.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 17, 2011 10:06PM

Siria post yours, mine is quite screwed mixed and very old for the newer versions.

Date: July 17, 2011 10:53PM

LOL, now he has nothing! grinning smiley

Okay, but am a bloody JS beginner who was just a bit inspired by your "innerHTML". But my dabbling is certainly not perfect, and it adds the URL visibly.

Anyway, the easiest way would probably be to look at the scripts of existing addons :cool:

Personally I like best his version with adding the URL as link to the visible page content. Don't some youtube macros add links to the top? Perhaps there's also a hint in those scripts?

Okay, after some experimenting, perhaps try this, it adds the URL at the top, with a line under it:
$_code="var x=document.body.innerHTML; document.body.innerHTML=\"URL: \" + document.location + \"<br><hr>\" +x ;document.close();";
injectJS($_code);

But haven't tried as macro yet. If the syntax is right, you should see the same result as when typing into URL bar:
javascript:var x=document.body.innerHTML; document.body.innerHTML="URL: " + document.location + "<br><hr>" +x ;document.close();

But have tested this only on the very basic Forum page here yet.
Just a starting point. The html snippet could certainly be modified to show the URL as clickable link, by adding <a> tags or such in the right places ;-) It could get some formatting... it could be added with or without an own background color... it could easily be added on top or at bottom or invisibly (<!-->) or not at all, depending on some user pref... it could this and that, you see why my macros sizes tend to explode and then never get finished ;-)

Edit: Couldnt stop, and am starting to like this function, so...
This adds actually a clickable link, though so far only tested in URL bar like a bookmarklet, not macro syntax yet:
javascript:var x=document.body.innerHTML; document.body.innerHTML="URL: <a href='" + document.location + "'>" + document.location + "</a><br><hr><br>" +x ;document.close();

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2011 06:33AM by siria.

Date: July 17, 2011 11:48PM

@ siria

I tried both sets of code, but I did not see the URL in the saved document. Likely I did not do something right.

Note: I fixed the spelling. Thanks.

Re: Help needed on injectJS() function
Date: July 18, 2011 06:28AM

The last blue lines work if you paste it into the URLbar. Perhaps you have javascript blocked? Ah yes, and "Typed URLs" must be set to open in the same tab!
The macro version probably works regardless of those settings, since it works when injecting the bookmarklet-version via my javascriptia macro.
Of course, in the pure "injectJS" version (first blue lines) there's always the possibility of some pesky little syntax error, especially with all those " " " " , you know it :-/ Haven't tried that one yet, but it can sure work if those " " " are right. Javascriptia uses injectJS too, just with some automatic syntax replacements first.

GRMPF - suddenly this does funny things again to that piwik-stuff at the bottom, a line html-code showing up there. This happened before, but after some more playing it had been gone! Now it's suddenly back, don't get it.
Hmm, this happens only when the forum page was loaded with BLOCKED javascript, then using injectJS... :-(
When the page was loaded WITH JS, and only afterwards JS was blocked, and THEN injectJS, all is fine!
grmpfgrmpf...

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2011 07:12AM by siria.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 18, 2011 08:18AM

siria when coding js inside a macro it's better to replace double quotes with one quote "=' but \" may not be interpreted properly and then breaks up the js command

e.g

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
#
# ---------- savepagewithorgin.kmm
# Dependencies : main.kmm
# Resources : -
# Preferences : -
# Version : .1 2011_07_17 JamesD
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_savepagewithorgin_RunCode {
#alert("savepagewithorgin is running", $URL, INFO);
$_code="var x=document.body.innerHTML; document.body.innerHTML='URL: ' + document.location + '<br><hr>' +x ;document.close();";
injectJS($_code);
id(ID_FILE_SAVE_AS);
}

_savepagewithorgin_BuildMenu {
setmenu("OpenSave",macro,"Save Page w/Origin..",_savepagewithorgin_RunCode);
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."_savepagewithorgin_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."savepagewithorgin;";

Date: July 18, 2011 08:39PM

Yes those ' and " are very tricky, but I'm finding that sometimes the " are needed, if some more complicated code has 'multiple boxed in itself' stuff ;-) So I just try whatever and if one version doesn't work then try the other smiling smiley Must admit so far haven't tried yet the current script as standalone macro version, but that will be no prob once the JS is determined, seeing that my javascriptia test-macro just uses "readfile" and then "injectJS" too, with a few automatic replacements that I've long since forgotten ;-)

Anyway, still can't stop playing with it, so here are two variations!
For demo test just as bookmarklets first, or to copy/paste into URL-bar. For testing javascript must be enabled and "Typed URLs" be set to open in current page (the finished macro will not need those settings)

1) This adds invisibly (=html-comment) at the bottom of the html-code-body the URL, title and lastmodified-date:

javascript:var x=document.body.innerHTML; document.body.innerHTML= x + "\n \n<!-- SAVED FROM: " + document.URL + "\n(LAST MODIFIED: " + document.lastModified + ")\nTITLE: " + document.title + "\n -->\n" ; document.close();

2) This shows title, lastmodified-date and of course URL visibly, at the top of page, with a line below:

javascript:var x=document.body.innerHTML; document.body.innerHTML=document.title + " <br> ("+document.lastModified+") &nbsp <a href='" + document.URL + "'>" + document.URL + "</a><br><hr><br>" +x ;document.close();

There's still that stupid little bug that certain hidden page elements (objects? noscript-code?) suddenly show up if a page contains such stuff and was loaded without javascript, but that seems just a temporary display fault after injectJS. When saving the page in that state and reopening it, the display is correct again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2011 08:44PM by siria.

Re: Add page URL before saving page
Date: July 18, 2011 11:07PM

Another alternative, this one produces NO bug, ha!
Adds the URL visible at bottom of page, incl. title and last-mod-date.
Catch: The URL is not a clickable link - not perfect yet :-/

javascript: var info=document.body; info.appendChild(document.createElement("hr")); text=document.createTextNode("FROM: " + document.URL); info.appendChild(text); info.appendChild(document.createElement("br")); text=document.createTextNode("TITLE: "+document.title+ " (LAST MOD. " + document.lastModified + ")"); info.appendChild(text);

Date: July 18, 2011 11:29PM

@ siria

Thanks for the code. Big oops on my part. The page I was testing has a black area at the top of the page so I did not see the text written there. The second page just happened to have a dark blue banner at the top. I did not see that one either. The third page was white and the black text showed up just fine.

I have it working now. I put code to make sure JS is enabled. At least this works on my system. I hope it meets leopoldus's requirements.

savepagewithorigin.kmm

#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
#
# ---------- savepagewithorigin.kmm
# Version             : .3 2011_07_18    JamesD  JS code by siria

_savepagewithorigin_RunCode {
$_spwo_Flip = false;
getpref( STRING, "capability.policy.default.javascript.enabled")=="noAccess" ? $_spwo_Flip=true : 0 ; 
$_spwo_Flip == true ? togglepref( STRING, "capability.policy.default.javascript.enabled", "noAccess", "allAccess") : 0;
$_code="var x=document.body.innerHTML; document.body.innerHTML='URL: ' + document.location + '<br><hr>' +x ;document.close();"; 
injectJS($_code); 
$_spwo_Flip == true ? togglepref( STRING, "capability.policy.default.javascript.enabled", "noAccess", "allAccess") : 0;
id(ID_FILE_SAVE_AS);
}

_savepagewithorigin_BuildMenu {
	setmenu("OpenSave",macro,"Save page w/origin..",_savepagewithorigin_RunCode);
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."_savepagewithorigin_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."savepagewithorigin;";

Date: July 19, 2011 06:11AM

JamesD
The page I was testing has a black area at the top of the page so I did not see the text written there. The second page just happened to have a dark blue banner at the top.

LOL! grinning smiley grinning smiley
Yes, backgrounds are another prob, oh well.

Just wanna say, that stuff is also added to the source code, but funnily only appears there when looking into the saved file. Then also all other page modifications like injectCSS or user-CSS show up.
A note for flipping CAPS-JS. It's well possible someone uses another setting, the one to block third-party-scripts only. As workaround, his own setting could be stored in a variable and then used "setpref" instead of "togglepref" for toggling back and forth...

Posted by: leopoldus
Date: July 24, 2011 03:33PM

Some questions for cutomizing this plugin. What should I change in this code in order to change for the text being added to the original page:

- the inserted text itself, eg to add words: "This page is saved from the following original URL"
- the font of the inserted text (face, color, bold etc) used for the inserted text
- the alignment: put the inserted text in the centre of the row
- the location: insert the text in the end of the saved page instead of the beginning of it.
- to add the tag <hr> (horizontal line) after (or before) the inserted text.

Many thanks in advance!

P.S.
Should this code work in the K-Meleon older version 1.5.4? I've tried, but without succes. Whether I do somethind wrong myself of this plugin is not intended to be used with older versions?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2011 04:07PM by leopoldus.

Date: July 24, 2011 06:25PM

The information that is written to the page is in the following line.
$_code="var x=document.body.innerHTML; document.body.innerHTML='URL: ' + document.location + . . .

The text portion is 'URL: ' and the rest of the line is from the document itself. I think the document.location is a reference to the object which returns the actual URL.

You could change the 'URL: ' to something else easy enough. As for placement, I don't how to change that. There is a line below the text when I save this page.

I will have to put this in my KM 1.5.4 and try it. There should be no problem, but I have not yet tried.

Edit: Just tried on KM 1.5.4 and it worked just fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2011 06:32PM by JamesD.

Date: July 24, 2011 07:30PM

You'll have to try with ordinary html-codes for styling (color etc.), the stuff you see in the source code of html-pages. Don't know much about it, so would have to research myself, so you can do it just as well ;-) Hey, am just a little user dabbling a bit with macrolanguage, not a developer tongue sticking out smiley

As for placement, let me split that code line into several lines for better understanding:

$_code="
var x=document.body.innerHTML;
document.body.innerHTML='URL: ' + document.location + '<br><hr>' +x ;
document.close();";

document.location = the URL http://www... ("document.URL" works too, if you prefer)

document.body.innerHTML = that is the whole content of the current page.
The "var" line stores it into a variable named "x".

The "URL: " part is free text.

The bold, underlined code is the html-code that gets inserted, and the doc-location is replaced with the URL.

The "+x" means to append the original page content afterwards.

You can move the <hr> line before the free text to place it before it, and insert another line break <br> before too.

So you could use something like this to place the new text at the bottom:
document.body.innerHTML= x + '<br><hr>Saved From: ' + document.URL ;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2011 07:31PM by siria.

Date: July 25, 2011 07:19PM

Okay, have tested it now with macrolanguage.
Use this code line (no linebreaks!) to get the URL at the bottom AND as a working link smiling smiley
The "Saved From" is free text of course, whatever you want.
(As for font style, nothing in it yet, try inserting something directly after <hr> and close it directly after </a>)

$_code="var x=document.body.innerHTML; document.body.innerHTML= x + \"<br><hr>Saved From: <a href='\" + document.URL + \"'>\" + document.URL + \"</a>\" ; document.close();";

If you want to find the menu entry above "Open...", just insert the red text:
setmenu("OpenSave",macro,"Save page w/origin..",_savepagewithorigin_RunCode,"&Open...");

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 07:31PM by siria.

Date: July 25, 2011 10:20PM

Oh well, since I just happened to come across some source code with font tags, started playing a bit again smiling smiley
THIS code line is the same as above with additionally alignment left, font, font color, and font size - all can be customized of course, just change inside the code :cool:

$_code="var x=document.body.innerHTML; document.body.innerHTML= x + \"<br><hr><div align=left><font color=black size=2 face='Comic Sans MS' >URL: <a href='\" + document.URL + \"'>\" + document.URL + \"</a></font></div>\" ; document.close();";

Date: July 26, 2011 05:48PM

Thank you, Siria!

Once more request: how I can re-assign the hotkey Ctrl+S from the standard [Save page as] to this new command in the menu [Save page w/origin]?
I'm quite sure, that it is possible, but as a novice I am not not able to do it myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2011 05:48PM by leopoldus.

Date: July 26, 2011 06:42PM

Two possibilities, not sure which is better. And it's possible that in the menu both "Save As" versions will show that shortcut. BTW Shortcuts are called "Accelerators" or Accels in KM.

1)
Either in this macro, then it's only active if the macro is active, but attention, in all profiles, also brandnew default profiles. Unless you place the kmm-file in your profile macros folder!
Anyway, insert this line below the "setmenu" line:
setaccel("CTRL S","macros(_savepagewithorigin_RunCode)");

- OR -

2)
Add it in your current profile only:
Edit > Configuration > Accelerators
CTRL S = macros(_savepagewithorigin_RunCode)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2011 06:46PM by siria.

Date: July 27, 2011 08:03AM

siria
Two possibilities, not sure which is better.

There is a third option too: to add accelerator to the new menu item "Save page w/orgin", as almost all other items in the [File] menu have. For instance the command [New Tab] has an accelerator letter [T], the command [Save Page As...] has an accelerator [[S]] and so on. Is it possible to assign the accelerator symbol to the new command "Save page w/orgin" as well, say, [W] letter?

BTW I've just put attention, that when using this macro the new text (This page is saved... and so on) is added to the current page shown in the K-Meleon window as well, not only to output file. For debugging proposes it is fine, but in general I'm not sure. Well, to "erase" this added text block one can reload the page. So does not it make the sense to add some code to this macro in order renew the original page after it is saved?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2011 08:04AM by leopoldus.

Date: July 27, 2011 12:01PM

leopoldus
There is a third option too: to add accelerator to the new menu item "Save page w/orgin", as almost all other items in the [File] menu have. For instance the command [New Tab] has an accelerator letter [T], the command [Save Page As...] has an accelerator [[S]] and so on. Is it possible to assign the accelerator symbol to the new command "Save page w/orgin" as well, say, [W] letter?

This was my fault. I don't make much use of accelerator keys, so I did not include one for the macro. So many of the keys are already in use, that I had a hard time finding one for this macro. Please add this line of code to the macro just below the 'setmenu' line but prior to the closing brace.

setaccel( "CTRL E" , "macros(_savepagewithorigin_RunCode) ");

Date: July 27, 2011 12:36PM

JamesD
This was my fault. I don't make much use of accelerator keys, so I did not include one for the macro.

Thank you, but this way is not just exactly the thing I meant (although this way is good too). Please take a look at this screenshot to understand, what I thougt under the accelerators keys in the main menu items (as eg F -> X for the menu item [Next Window], which has its hotkey Ctrl+F7 as well).

Date: July 27, 2011 02:35PM

Try this code:
	setmenu("OpenSave",macro,"Save page &w/origin..",_savepagewithorigin_RunCode);
}

I think both the w and the e will then work. I usually run with both icon and accelerators turned off in the display. I had to do some trial and error.

Date: July 27, 2011 03:57PM

JamesD
Try this code:
I think both the w and the e will then work.

Yes, now the both the menu accelerator and the hotkey work. So simple they things are - but only if you know exactly, what to do grinning smiley
Thanks again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2011 03:57PM by leopoldus.

Date: July 27, 2011 04:00PM

leopoldus
So simple they things are - but only if you know exactly, what to do grinning smiley

... or where to look it up, in other macros grinning smiley

Date: July 31, 2011 09:37AM

JamesD
Just tried on KM 1.5.4 and it worked just fine.

But at my system this macro does not work with K-Meleon 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 versions, although I've tried it tens of time.
When I choose the command File -> Save page w/origin... and get the OS' File Save as... dialog on the screen, the whole content of the current page is gone immediately (even before I press some other button or key) and replaced with the only word "false" in the left upper corner of the window. And if I than press the key [Enter] or the button [OK] in the file save dialog, it saves the current page to a file as it displayed right now, that it with the word "false" as the only content.

I have no any idea, what could be the reason of incompatibility. And as I use the older version 1.5.xx pretty much for some tasks, it's a great trouble for me, that macro does not work there sad smiley

P.S
Would not it be reasonable to change the title of this topic from "Help needed on inject(JS) function" in order to make it easier to find it with forum search?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2011 09:39AM by leopoldus.

Date: July 31, 2011 10:24AM

Have tried it too with KM154, and works fine on my machine as well. So it looks like some issue with javascript settings or permissions... Remember that this script line was just put together by myself, guess I mentioned already that I'm no programmer, just a normal user and bloody javascript beginner :cool:

Try this:
Click Tools > Error Console
Make sure that JS and KMM errors are checked, or simply click button "ALL".

And you could try with a new default profile, although that's not really 100% default anymore after you've added macros in the K-Meleon/macros folder. But most settings still are default.
How to: Edit > Manage Profiles > check "Ask at startup"
Restart the browser (and loader)- when it asks which profile to use, choose a "New" one. Don't worry, each profile has a separate folder, the old ones are kept and you can switch back anytime.

Or perhaps that concerns only certain sites, not all??
Have you tried to save a forum page here?

Date: July 31, 2011 12:16PM

@ leopoldus

Maybe you could post your code for savepagewithorigin.kmm in this thread. Perhaps in editing the code, some unexpected change has happened.

The second button to the left from the smiley face will set up a place for formatted code.

Date: July 31, 2011 12:52PM

siria
JamesD

Maybe you could post your code for savepagewithorigin.kmm in this thread. Perhaps in editing the code, some unexpected change has happened.

Thank you, guys! I could now find my mistake and it was very stupid: I tried to use the macro with a slightly different code in K-Meleon 1.5.3. and 1.5.4, that's why it did not work there :s When I copied it in K-Meleon 1.6 installation, it did not work there as well.

Below is the macro code with my (wrong) changes. Can you suppose, which part of ma addition is incorrect?

#
# ---------- savepagewithorigin.kmm
# Version             : .3 2011_07_18    JamesD  JS code by siria

_savepagewithorigin_RunCode {
$_spwo_Flip = false;
getpref( STRING, "capability.policy.default.javascript.enabled")=="noAccess" ? $_spwo_Flip=true : 0 ; 
$_code="var x=document.body.innerHTML; document.body.innerHTML='<b><i>Saved from original URL: ' + document.location </b></i> + '<br><hr><hr>' +x ;document.close();"; 
injectJS($_code); 
id(ID_FILE_SAVE_AS);
}

setmenu("OpenSave",macro,"Save page w/origin..",_savepagewithorigin_RunCode);
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."_savepagewithorigin_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."savepagewithorigin;";

Date: July 31, 2011 01:24PM

Ah, that's again a modification of an older version.
I'd recommand to use my latest blue code, which has a working link :cool:
Perhaps one could add various versions in the macro and somehow add a variable for the user to choose his preferred one? Oh well, one could extend this quite a bit, as usual if I start playing, and the macro gets longer, and longer, and longer... ;-)

Anyway, haven't tested but guess your mistake is here:

location </b></i> + '<br>
should be
location + ' </b></i><br>

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.