General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
vbulletin WYSIWYG editor
Posted by: A_T
Date: November 23, 2006 07:53PM

I am unable to get this to work with kmeleon - the buttons to insert images, cahnge font etc. are not functional.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: vbulletin WYSIWYG editor
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 23, 2006 09:40PM

URL? IF it is an public place where we can go to at least check.

IE 7 & FFox users also report problems, according to google.
Make sure that You have flushed cache et cetera are the answers.

Since our GRE is standart compliant - You would turn to vbulletin support with the problem if it is no public URL - Because then we have no chance to verify or test k-meleon together with the software.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: December 02, 2006 04:00AM

It is inconsistent. It will work sometimes for K-M. I think that it is dependent on something in the Windows system, or some setting outside of K-M's reach.

There is one vBulletin forum that I visit fairly often. At first nothing worked - then a few days later it was fine. Then, after a month or so, it stopped working. I install and uninstall a lot of things, so I suspect that a system file change may have done it. Since I dump my cache daily, prune my cookies nearly as often, and seldom change K-M's settings, there is nothing else I can think of that could affect it.

I am sorry I can't offer any solutions, but there is hope for an occasional good day... At any rate, I think the blame is more on vBulletin's plate.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: December 02, 2006 04:35AM

WHOA! I just had a revelation. I was spoofing IE so I could get a little farther with some other sites (never mind...). So...I am at that vBulletin forum in the next layer. Because I will try any weird trick, I changed the browser ID back to default and refreshed the page. Wups, I had to log in again (that's rude sad smiley IMHO). But then the WYSIWYG stuff worked! grinning smiley

Ye gods and litle fishes, a virtual lie detector? LOL

Anyway, that may be the solution. Hey, anybody got a macro to change ID strings with a hot key? Hee-hee-hee

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.