General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
security issues
Posted by: lilmisdot
Date: May 07, 2011 03:03PM

why is the information sent in this browser unsecure because there's this window that keeps popping up saying the information you have sent is unencrypted!!!!!!....why why why

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: security issues
Posted by: siria
Date: May 07, 2011 04:26PM

Simply because you've kept the default settings about which "warnings" you wanna see. I suppose if those warnings were switched off by default, that would be "less secure", since people are not made aware that nearly all websites except a few exceptions are transmitted unencrypted. You can see that also in other browsers, guess most have that little "lock" symbol in the status bar, right bottom corner.

Anyway, in K-Meleon you can change those warnings anytime here:
Edit > Preferences (F2) > Encryption ---> Encrypted Transmission

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2011 04:28PM by siria.

Posted by: margarita
Date: May 08, 2011 08:04AM

lilmisdot
why is the information sent in this browser unsecure because there's this window that keeps popping up saying the information you have sent is unencrypted!!!!!!.... why why why

All information is sent unencrypted by default in all browsers but the SSL/TLS websites connections. If the SSL/TLS layer is not activated in your browser's configuration, the SSL/TLS websites will not load and no connections will be allowed, nor will be stablished - blank page appears, error is notified. There is no security issue at all here. Simply unchek warnings. o.O

Date: May 09, 2011 09:48AM

thanx siria!!!, its jst that the pop-up window makes browsing slower and less interesting...

Posted by: margarita
Date: May 10, 2011 07:24PM

lilmisdot
thanx siria!!!, its jst that the pop-up window makes browsing slower and less interesting...

o.O

Date: May 17, 2011 07:16AM

I have tried the suggestions given to no avail, the window keeps popping up and some of my friends have complained about the same problem. It's not exactly about security this time but the fact that it makes browsing a little boring!!!.

Disable Warnings
Posted by: guenter
Date: May 17, 2011 08:59AM

Make sure that You disable the warnings that You do not want.
I have disabled all. See screenshot. Do the same?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2011 09:00AM by guenter.

Attachments: warnings.gif (51.2 KB)  

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.