Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon Dying?
Posted by: 4td8s
Date: March 25, 2011 04:00PM

panzer
No panic is needed.

Kmeleon is dying at a rate of 24 hours/day as the rest of us do. smiling smiley

I beg to differ on that.

maybe K-meleon was dying a slow death but then Firefox and Seamonkey are growing at a faster pace. some rumors on the web that a Firefox 5.0 is coming out later this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2011 04:02PM by 4td8s.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 25, 2011 04:29PM

4td8s
panzer
No panic is needed.

Kmeleon is dying at a rate of 24 hours/day as the rest of us do. smiling smiley

I beg to differ on that.

maybe K-meleon was dying a slow death but then Firefox and Seamonkey are growing at a faster pace. some rumors on the web that a Firefox 5.0 is coming out later this year.

4td8s

Considering that it took Mozilla 12 betas to get FF4 out the door, I rather doubt the rumors about FF5.

As for KM, if you have deep pockets (say 80 million or so to support KM as Google does to Mozilla which also means FF mails home to Google), it too can come out faster with releases. Meanwhile, it is as it always has been, mom and pop with a developer or two at a time since its inception and a nice concept, a non-xul browser with a good scripting language substitute (tks to KKO). KM 1.6b2 works perfectly well on my machine and enough people look at bugfix reports out of Mozilla to make sure that KM is current with whichever issues affect it (not always the same as SeaMonkey). June is when Dorian and Desga2 will be working again on the core and in the meantime, little incremental improvements and fixes show up here.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2011 04:29PM by ndebord.

Posted by: margarita
Date: March 29, 2011 12:40PM

Adam
Is K-Meleon dying? There hasn't been a stable release for over a year. Is it time to switch to another browser?

Kmeleon will never die. I have uninstalled Firefox 4 one minute ago because it's the worst piece of software ever done for a long time. Kmeleon rules.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 29, 2011 02:26PM

margarita
Adam
Is K-Meleon dying? There hasn't been a stable release for over a year. Is it time to switch to another browser?

Kmeleon will never die. I have uninstalled Firefox 4 one minute ago because it's the worst piece of software ever done for a long time. Kmeleon rules.

margarita,

FF (and SM) are backups on my computer. My MozillaZine tagline says it all for me:

XP PRO SP3, Outpost Firewall, Avast, MalwareBytes, Panda Anti-RootKit, DropMyRights: YES: Old Location Bar & Switch Themes NO: Geolocation, Plugin Container, Tab Candy & Google Lists

This is in FF 3.6. I have yet to configure FF4, except to say that with both browsers I use the portable apps versions as I don't wish to have to clean up registry entries in a cleanup campaign.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 02:26PM by ndebord.

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 03, 2011 09:53PM

Adam
Is K-Meleon dying?

Is it time to switch to another browser?

Possibly or maybe time for the project to switch to another HTML-rendering-engine?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2011 09:54PM by guenter.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.