General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Will Not Recognize Gmail Chat Plug In
Posted by: ccrider966
Date: March 08, 2011 05:55PM

I cannot make phone calls from Google Gmail. I get a message to download Google Chat Plug In which I have done repeatedly but then when I try to make a call it repeats the message to download the plug in! How can I get it to recognize I have downloaded the plug in and make phone calls on Gmail?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will Not Recognize Gmail Chat Plug In
Posted by: guenter
Date: March 08, 2011 11:07PM

Install folder does not contain a Mozilla plugin. I installed & checked.

Is IMHO a plugin for Google's own messenger product. Not for browsers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2011 11:26PM by guenter.

Date: March 10, 2011 05:52PM

Hi...Thanks for the reply. I do not understand what you are saying though. Is there anything I can to to get Gmail to recognize the plug in they say is missing? I can use Gmail phone from the Internet Explorer browser ok and also the Firefox browser ok. Should I go to the Google browser, Chrome, which I think I already have done and download the plug in for phone use. I will go look at that now but I think I already have found I can use the phone there...........

Posted by: Matt
Date: March 10, 2011 06:35PM

Google audio/video chat > http://kmext.sourceforge.net/mplug.htm

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 10, 2011 10:13PM

Matt already pointed to the needed Mozilla plugin.
& I am glad that You got an answer in this more frequented part of the forum.

ccrider966
Hi...Thanks for the reply. I do not understand what you are saying though. Is there anything I can to to get Gmail to recognize the plug in they say is missing? I can use Gmail phone from the Internet Explorer browser ok and also the Firefox browser ok. Should I go to the Google browser, Chrome, which I think I already have done and download the plug in for phone use.

So I was wrong it is a browser plugin or there is a browser plugin that makes Chat usable. It merely did not install at a place where my K-Meleon could detect it or it did not install here.

IE uses another plugin type called activeX controls.

Firefox installs the Mozilla plugin into his own extensions folder - You can try to scavenge them from there. That is probably the way the Chat plugin found its path to K-Meleon extensions page. smiling smiley

But K-Meleon cannot recognize it in FF extensions folder.

Date: March 12, 2011 12:56AM

I could not find any extensions folder in firefox. I did find the plug ins in firefox for google chat but could do nothing with them other than to enable or disable them. Is there a way to get into the firefox extensions folder and copy the google chat plug-ins into K-meleon? Or can I download the plug-ins again and direct them to K-meleon somehow?
Maybe it is just not possible but I keep thinking I have done something wrong!

Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 14, 2011 03:13PM

ccrider966
I could not find any extensions folder in firefox. I did find the plug ins in firefox for google chat but could do nothing with them other than to enable or disable them. Is there a way to get into the firefox extensions folder and copy the google chat plug-ins into K-meleon? Or can I download the plug-ins again and direct them to K-meleon somehow?
Maybe it is just not possible but I keep thinking I have done something wrong!

ccrider966,

Just want to make sure that you went to the K-meleon extension page Matt mentioned and read this:

Google audio/video chat

the np plugin enables google video and audio chat on google websites like gmail. to ensure that the plugin will work properly, first install google vidoe chat support from this link:http://www.google.com/chat/video . extract npgoogletalk.dll in your k-meleon\plugins folder. restart k-meleon or refresh your plugins formats:

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 03:14PM by ndebord.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.