General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
GRE update to pre18 in KMb2
Posted by: jmillar
Date: March 08, 2011 03:44PM

Due to the newly discovered vulnerabilities a b3 release with updated GRE would be MUCH appreciated. Daily use of KM hinges on this particular issue now.

Km 1.6 b2 is so good that I am a bit surprised to see it continue in beta status. It is more stable and functional than many 'final versions' and I use it on a daily basis.

Writing this note on Fred's latest NX 'barebones build'. Tnx Fred!

Thanks to Dorian, Desga and the rest of the KMeleon crew for all their efforts to keep the green meanie up and about!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GRE update to pre18 in KMb2
Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 09, 2011 05:11PM

jmillar
Due to the newly discovered vulnerabilities a b3 release with updated GRE would be MUCH appreciated. Daily use of KM hinges on this particular issue now.

Km 1.6 b2 is so good that I am a bit surprised to see it continue in beta status. It is more stable and functional than many 'final versions' and I use it on a daily basis.

Thanks to Dorian, Desga and the rest of the KMeleon crew for all their efforts to keep the green meanie up and about!

jmillar,

Which Gecko engine is needed to update Km 1.6???

N

Date: March 12, 2011 11:38AM

ndebord
jmillar

jmillar,

1.9.1.18pre or later,I would say :-).

Date: March 13, 2011 10:20PM

jmillar
ndebord
jmillar

jmillar,

jmillar,

And you would be right, according to all I've asked (above my pay grade!).

N

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 14, 2011 12:00AM

jmillar

SeaMonkey

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.17) Gecko/20110123 SeaMonkey/2.0.12

K-Meleonbeta2

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-DE; rv:1.9.1.17pre) Gecko K-Meleon/1.6.0

So K-Meleon 1.6b2 is close enough for me IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 12:14AM by guenter.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: March 18, 2011 12:36AM

jmillar

or how about 1.9.1.18 (not 18pre) or 1.9.1.19pre.
the upcoming Firefox 3.5.18 & Seamonkey 2.0.13 releases are tentatively scheduled to come out on April 19.

no need for the GRE in KM 1.6 betas to be updated frequently.

Date: March 18, 2011 02:18AM

4td8s
jmillar

or how about 1.9.1.18 (not 18pre) or 1.9.1.19pre.
the upcoming Firefox 3.5.18 & Seamonkey 2.0.13 releases are tentatively scheduled to come out on April 19.

no need for the GRE in KM 1.6 betas to be updated frequently.

45d8s,

As you follow this closely, you know that Dorian and Desga2 are working at the same time on KM 1.6 and KM 1.7. Even though FF 3.5xxxx is still supported, it is on its last legs whenever FF 4 actually shows up. Mozilla policy has been to only support one generation back, which is FF 3.6.xxxx. Because Mozilla went to a large omnibus Gecko, KM has endured more problems updating with Gecko 1.9.xxx, whether it be SM 2.0 or SM 2.1 or FF 3.5 or FF 3.6. Doesn't matter, neither is as good for KM as it was with Gecko 1.8.xxxx.

Personally, I hope that KM 1.7 can get its kinks ironed out and made stable enough to rival KM 1.6beta2, which works pretty darn good for me right now.

N

Date: March 24, 2011 11:03PM

Mozilla has just issued 1.9.1.18 FF 3.5.18 There is life in the beast yet.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.