General :  K-Meleon Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon. 
2 cases
Posted by: luk3Z
Date: March 05, 2011 08:44PM

Hi.
I switched from KM 1.5.4 to 1.6b2 lately (I think 1.6b2 is little slower than 1.5.4), but I have 2 "problems":

1. option marked on red is always enabled even I switch it off and restart browser - don't know what file is assigned to this config
http://img233.imageshack.us/i/enablescripts.gif

2. some addon's windows are too big and browser can't save new size of them
http://img694.imageshack.us/i/sobig.gif

Thanks for any tips (I have 160 addons installed, so maybe this is the reason) !

Anyway these addons don't make slower my browser in compare with FF smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2011 08:47PM by luk3Z.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2 cases
Posted by: siria
Date: March 05, 2011 09:42PM

1) that setting toggles the pref named
dom.disable_window_move_resize

Am no expert, but figured this out by going to "about:config", typing "window", then toggling that checkmark in the prefs tab and watching if anything flips simultaneously in the prefs list cool smiley

Perhaps do an explorer search in your macros folder, if one of the kmm files contains that text? Well possible one of them flips that setting, with 1-6-0 macros - WHOA!!! grinning smiley

2) That's some settings window? Guess that's this known XUL bug in the 1.6beta version yet, was discussed in the beta threads...

Date: March 05, 2011 10:35PM

siria
1) that setting toggles the pref named
dom.disable_window_move_resize

Am no expert, but figured this out by going to "about:config", typing "window", then toggling that checkmark in the prefs tab and watching if anything flips simultaneously in the prefs list cool smiley

Perhaps do an explorer search in your macros folder, if one of the kmm files contains that text? Well possible one of them flips that setting, with 1-6-0 macros - WHOA!!! grinning smiley

2) That's some settings window? Guess that's this known XUL bug in the 1.6beta version yet, was discussed in the beta threads...

1. ok I changed dom.disable_window_move_resize but after restart KM is checked (true) again
I test it with macros later and if I find it I'll write what was that.

2. Settings window appear big for a while (less than ~0.5 sec) and after that become normal window.

Thanks for fast answer!

Edit:
I found it - it is taballwindows.7z
Problem 1 solved (TabAllWindows.kmm):

TabAllWindowsSetPrefs{
setpref(BOOL,"dom.disable_window_move_resize",true);

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2011 11:52PM by luk3Z.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: March 06, 2011 04:33AM

luk3Z
1. ok I changed dom.disable_window_move_resize but after restart KM is checked (true) again

2. Settings window appear big for a while (less than ~0.5 sec) and after that become normal window.

Thanks for fast answer!

Edit:

TabAllWindowsSetPrefs{

In Preferences, under Window Diversion, when Open Links meant to open in a new window is set to: In a new tab, if Disallow scripts to move or resize windows is unchecked you run the risk of a script resizing the entire browser window and all the tabs within it which can be very annoying, particularly when the size is of a small popup picture. So that's why it's set that way in TabAllWindows. I'm curious why you'd need that allowance.

Date: March 06, 2011 04:01PM

jsnj
luk3Z

Thanks for fast answer!

Edit:

TabAllWindowsSetPrefs{

In Preferences, under Window Diversion, when Open Links meant to open in a new window is set to: In a new tab, if Disallow scripts to move or resize windows is unchecked you run the risk of a script resizing the entire browser window and all the tabs within it which can be very annoying, particularly when the size is of a small popup picture. So that's why it's set that way in TabAllWindows. I'm curious why you'd need that allowance.

I maked some tests because I wanted to find out what option caused problem #2 (big window of addon - 1st post).
I know that is bug in 1.6b2 now (I don't know what I change/delete but this bug do not appear anymore and windows have normal size). Thanks for advice.

Edit:
I don't know why but it also cause open new tab when you click on home button (it should stay in current tab - I mean old behaviour). It is unchecked in "Tab All Win Opt" but it doesn't work).

Probably something wrong is in the:

TabAllWindowsHome{
$Home=HomeTab;
(...)

or

ToggleHomeInNewTab{
(...)
}

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2011 07:24PM by luk3Z.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: March 07, 2011 01:52AM

luk3Z
Edit:
I don't know why but it also cause open new tab when you click on home button (it should stay in current tab - I mean old behaviour). It is unchecked in "Tab All Win Opt" but it doesn't work).

Probably something wrong is in the:

TabAllWindowsHome{
$Home=HomeTab;
(...)

or

ToggleHomeInNewTab{
(...)
}

Thanks for catching that. As it is now, a restart is needed to set the Home button back. The corrected line should be:

TabAllWindowsHome{
getpref(BOOL,$macroPrefBranch."TabAllWindows.Home") ? $Home=HomeTab:$Home=_Home;

There are other compatibility issues with TabAllWindows and 1.6b+. I haven't updated the extension because I don't know what the 1.6 final will be yet. From 1.6pre-beta(when the extension was created) to 1.6b, options were added to the Window Diversion section in Preferences affecting Help menu items. As a result, there are double entries there if TabAllWindows is enabled. There might be a couple other minor issues, but I probably won't update the extension until 1.6 final is released since none of the issues are major.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.