Flash Player versions 11.7.700.169 & 10.3.183.75 now available
Posted by: 4td8s
Date: April 10, 2013 11:45PM

New flash player versions 11.7.700.169 and 10.3.183.75 now available to resolve new security vulnerabilities posted in Adobe security bulletin APSB13-11.

and again Yogi doesn't mention Flash 10.3 but at least I do mention both new flash 11.x and 10.3 versions since I still use version 10.3 on some computers that can't quite handle flash 11.x. someday I hope somebody out there can make a "portable" flash 10.3 plugin.

speaking of Adobe, they have also released a new Adobe Shockwave Player security update mentioned in Adobe Security Bulletin APSB13-12 the same time they released new Flash Player security updates.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2013 11:50PM by 4td8s.

Re: Flash Player versions 11.7.700.169 & 10.3.183.75 now available
Posted by: duffy98
Date: April 11, 2013 04:58PM

Thanks 4td8s for the Adobe flash version news, also thanks to Yogi and ndebord. Also 4td8s, thanks for the new Shockwave update news, I don't always get the Shockwave update news. Since you mention Flash Player 10.3.183.75, I have a question about that version. I seem to have no trouble using version 11.7.700.169 but I was reading a few months back on the internet somewhere that this security person was recommending using the FP 10 version over the higher FP 11 version. He said the FP 10 version was smaller and still did the job without the extra frills and was safer to use. I have been thinking of "dropping" down to version 10. Any ideas or thoughts on your part. I use Windows XP Pro SP3.

Also for anyone interested, ndebord stated he was having trouble hexing the newer version ... "I am now having trouble hexing the latest 11 version, but the 10 version just released, version 10_3_183_68 is working just fine, so that is the one I am uploading here. (Go figure.)".

Just want to mention about "Youtube Downloader HD" ... I was having trouble using the hexed versions and I found this program that works great and very easy to use. You don't have to install it, just unzip to a folder and use for the "portable version". I find it very easy to download videos with it. Just a mention if anyone should be interested.

Youtube Downloader HD - Portable Version (v2.9.6)

http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/download.html

FileHippo always has a good Shockwave Player download ...

Shockwave Player 12.0.2.122

http://www.filehippo.com/software/internet/

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2013 05:11PM by duffy98.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 14, 2013 04:22AM

4td8s
New flash player versions 11.7.700.169 and 10.3.183.75 now available to resolve new security vulnerabilities posted in Adobe security bulletin APSB13-11.

and again Yogi doesn't mention Flash 10.3 but at least I do mention both new flash 11.x and 10.3 versions since I still use version 10.3 on some computers that can't quite handle flash 11.x. someday I hope somebody out there can make a "portable" flash 10.3 plugin.

speaking of Adobe, they have also released a new Adobe Shockwave Player security update mentioned in Adobe Security Bulletin APSB13-12 the same time they released new Flash Player security updates.

4td8s,

Download the hexed flash dll in 7zip format from here:

http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/8ea7175c

NPSWF32_10_3_183_75_hex.7z

Extract the file from the 7zip archive, then rename it from

NPSWF32_10_3_183_75_hex.dll

to

NPSWF32.DLL

and copy it into K-Meleon's plugin folder.

Thanks again!

N

Posted by: Yogi
Date: April 17, 2013 02:55PM

4td8s
and again Yogi doesn't mention Flash 10.3 but at least I do mention both new flash 11.x and 10.3 versions

It may be true that I didn't specially mentioned Flash 10.3 but the link for 17.7 points automatically to 10.3 as well winking smiley

@ndebord
Thanks for the update smiling smiley

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: May 22, 2013 01:52AM

I can't find where is the offset and what data must be changed to allow flash plugin to unlock temp files, can someone post it?

I don't know if exists an application for this huge files but maybe I could find out the data comparing an hexed and an original file. But, please, if someone has the information for doing it manually... better. Before doing the "hard" work.

In the original page (I only could find through archive.org) there is not such information. I was hoping some similar information as with the way to hex to remove the full screen warning, but I don't know why this information is sooooo closed to the public. It's not a guide of how to make a bomb confused smiley

Thanks.

Date: May 24, 2013 03:43AM

JohnHell
I can't find where is the offset and what data must be changed to allow flash plugin to unlock temp files, can someone post it?

I don't know if exists an application for this huge files but maybe I could find out the data comparing an hexed and an original file. But, please, if someone has the information for doing it manually... better. Before doing the "hard" work.

In the original page (I only could find through archive.org) there is not such information. I was hoping some similar information as with the way to hex to remove the full screen warning, but I don't know why this information is sooooo closed to the public. It's not a guide of how to make a bomb confused smiley

Thanks.

John,

Make sure you have the latest flash dll plugin, that you can copy to a safe location after you have run the Adobe Flash installer. Then run the Adobe Flash uninstall executable and remove the non-IE version from your computer.

Now take your saved npsw32.dll file and copy it to a temp location where you will do the edit. Get your hands on a hex editor and patch the file. Once patched, it will save your flash video to wherever you have your tmp location, usually somewhere inside the windows folder, although on my system I changed that to c:\tmp.

The saved file will have a tmp extension, so you have to rename it to flv in order to play back the video.

Hex Patch Adobe Flash NPSWF32.dll

14 6A 02 6A 00 (NONPATCHED)
10 6A 02 6A 01 (PATCHED)

If you do not patch the flash dll, the file you ran online will not be saved to your hard drive. For me, I keep two versions, one patched and one not and place them in the plugin folders in all my Mozilla browsers. I swtich between them as desired.

I believe there is an original text file somewhere on the web that explains all this, but I don't have it.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2013 03:43AM by ndebord.

Date: May 24, 2013 09:16PM

ndebord
I believe there is an original text file somewhere on the web that explains all this, but I don't have it.

Should be somewhere, but I wasn't able to find it :/

Anyway, I was able to do it yesterday with the trial version of
http://www.exeicon.com/hex-comparison/

I found the unique data to be changed (I checked twice it wasn't two times and avoid to make a mistake) and all worked.

I checked several versions too to be sure. I know now what data is, I hope they (Adobe) don't change it in the future.

Now I have a version that doesn't show the full screen message and keep/unlocks temp files.

Date: May 25, 2013 02:34PM

Flash Player 11.7.700.202 & 10.3.183.86
Release Notes
Downloads

Portable Flash 11.7.700.202 32-64 bit Plugin
You can extract the plugins with 7-Zip from the .EXE

Date: May 26, 2013 04:32AM

JohnHell
ndebord

Should be somewhere, but I wasn't able to find it :/

Anyway, I was able to do it yesterday with the trial version of
http://www.exeicon.com/hex-comparison/

I found the unique data to be changed (I checked twice it wasn't two times and avoid to make a mistake) and all worked.

I checked several versions too to be sure. I know now what data is, I hope they (Adobe) don't change it in the future.

Now I have a version that doesn't show the full screen message and keep/unlocks temp files.

John,

Nice. I was able to do the 10.xx version once again.

http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/25ec4f9d

NPSWF32_10.3.183.86_hex.7z

NPSWF32_10.3.183.86_hex.dll

to

NPSWF32.DLL

I see that in July the 10xxx version is discontinued. <sigh>

N

Date: May 26, 2013 09:19PM

ndebord

Oh, damn...

At least they fixed the 11.x hardware acceleration without requiring to have the latest version of the graphics drivers. The counterpart is that, even though they fix it, 11.x, in my system, is about 2x CPU usage compared to 10.3.x :/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2013 09:21PM by JohnHell.

Date: May 27, 2013 02:19PM

JohnHell
ndebord

Oh, damn...

At least they fixed the 11.x hardware acceleration without requiring to have the latest version of the graphics drivers. The counterpart is that, even though they fix it, 11.x, in my system, is about 2x CPU usage compared to 10.3.x :/

John,

I can no longer recall which version of 11 caused me problems, as in I could not seem to hex it properly.... but even when it did work out, I had problems on my aging laptop. So I just stopped looking at the that version. Freakin' Adobe has a great version (ok without all the latest bells and whistles) and they are putting it out to pasture. <sigh>

N

Date: May 27, 2013 07:05PM

ndebord ... thanks for the HEX version and the heads up on version 10x going away. I found another site that supplies the dll extracted that will work in KM. They don't work with the 10x version just the newer 11x version for Opera but I've been using it for several months in my KM setups ... I have three versions of KM on my computer.

How to install flash player without administrator privilege for Opera?

http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/how-to-install-flash-player?cid=103876122&startidx=350#comment103876122

Download NPSWF32.zip (size 7.45 MB, version 11.7.700.202), unzip NPSWF32.dll and place it inside program\plugins inside Opera installation directory.

I don't seem to have a problem with the newer version but I can't be sure. Maybe you could try one more time to HEX this newer version but it can just be used as is. I mentioned this before and will do so again if someone missed the post before about Youtube Downloader HD. I'm not pushing it but it works great for me for Youtube videos and if the time comes that you can't provide a HEX version anymore then we all could still have this avenue.

Youtube Downloader HD

I use the Youtube Downloader HD - Portable Version ... 4th link down.

It's very easy to setup and work with ... once setup it remembers everything ... I create a folder called Videos and everything goes there ... it can also works with videos at other sites ... I've had some success in that area ... again thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2013 07:15PM by duffy98.

Date: May 29, 2013 09:09PM

duffy98
ndebord ... thanks for the HEX version and the heads up on version 10x going away. I found another site that supplies the dll extracted that will work in KM. They don't work with the 10x version just the newer 11x version for Opera but I've been using it for several months in my KM setups ... I have three versions of KM on my computer.

How to install flash player without administrator privilege for Opera?

http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/how-to-install-flash-player?cid=103876122&startidx=350#comment103876122

Download NPSWF32.zip (size 7.45 MB, version 11.7.700.202), unzip NPSWF32.dll and place it inside program\plugins inside Opera installation directory.

I don't seem to have a problem with the newer version but I can't be sure. Maybe you could try one more time to HEX this newer version but it can just be used as is. I mentioned this before and will do so again if someone missed the post before about Youtube Downloader HD. I'm not pushing it but it works great for me for Youtube videos and if the time comes that you can't provide a HEX version anymore then we all could still have this avenue.

Youtube Downloader HD

I use the Youtube Downloader HD - Portable Version ... 4th link down.

It's very easy to setup and work with ... once setup it remembers everything ... I create a folder called Videos and everything goes there ... it can also works with videos at other sites ... I've had some success in that area ... again thanks.

Duffy,

It seems that John has already hexed the 11 version. If he can't post it, I shall try once more to see if I can get my old version to work.

N

Date: May 30, 2013 01:38PM

ndebord ... I didn't pick up on that about John hexing the 11 version. You don't have to do that anymore just for me, especially if you are having problems. I found that other site with the NPSWF32 dll but the size is 7.45 MB, your 11x version was always smaller, if I remember. I just thought something might be different or work better with this version from that web site, not an expert in that area so I don't know.

I really don't need a hexed version anymore, it worked great when I was still with Windows 98SE but since I changed to Windows XP last year, I just can't seem to get anything to work correctly so I found that Youtube Downloader HD program and am happy with it. Just downloaded some videos earlier for almost 2 hours and all went well ... downloads are very fast.

Thanks for the reply ... I just need that NPSWF32 dll to update my KM browsers. Always appreciate your effort but maybe this flash business will be harder to accomplish down the road for you as 10X goes away and who knows what Adobe might do with version 11x.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2013 01:41PM by duffy98.

Date: May 31, 2013 01:13PM

duffy98
ndebord ... I didn't pick up on that about John hexing the 11 version. You don't have to do that anymore just for me, especially if you are having problems. I found that other site with the NPSWF32 dll but the size is 7.45 MB, your 11x version was always smaller, if I remember. I just thought something might be different or work better with this version from that web site, not an expert in that area so I don't know.

I really don't need a hexed version anymore, it worked great when I was still with Windows 98SE but since I changed to Windows XP last year, I just can't seem to get anything to work correctly so I found that Youtube Downloader HD program and am happy with it. Just downloaded some videos earlier for almost 2 hours and all went well ... downloads are very fast.

Thanks for the reply ... I just need that NPSWF32 dll to update my KM browsers. Always appreciate your effort but maybe this flash business will be harder to accomplish down the road for you as 10X goes away and who knows what Adobe might do with version 11x.

Duffy,

Personally, the 10xxx version works better, although I do see that Adobe has been working hard to fix the 11xxx version. As I run XP, 10xxx is the better fit there. FWIW, you should not have any problems running the 10xxx version in XP, so perhaps there is a problem with how it is installed there. Once I hex it, I uninstall the full version from its location deep inside windows system entirely and just keep the two copies of it around, one hexed and one not hexed and swap them out as needed.

I use the 10xxx version in K-Meleon, SeaMonkey, Firefox and SlimBoat (a webkit browser).... all of them just have the DLL, not the full version and all work just fine. The only problem is one of updating manually, but it is, what it is. <g>

N

Date: June 01, 2013 09:10PM

ndebord

Duffy,

It seems that John has already hexed the 11 version. If he can't post it, I shall try once more to see if I can get my old version to work.

No, no, no, not at all. I hexed 10.3.

I know I'll have to learn the same way I did for 10.3 to hex 11.7 (as is the replacement for 10.3), but, unless some of you, with the knowledge I haven't, is able to hex it, I won't myself, I don't know where to start from to hex a file. I tried in the past to learn this stuff with some decompilers, but as I don't know much of programming, it is a nightmare for me.

By the way, Youtube has adopted the same system as Dailymotion, and doesn't create temp files outside the browsers cache as fragments of the whole video.

It still works for my purpose (other sites) but this move it's not good for us sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2013 09:12PM by JohnHell.

Date: June 01, 2013 09:59PM

Ok, after I said this I tried and I've found that 11.7 (32bits version) is "hexable" (I mean it ran in the test to play a couple of videos, I didn't test beyond) with the same unique data but it just keeps the temporary file, but it doesn't unlock it.

EDIT: I hexed wrongly, sorry, fixed confused smiley It fully works.

Just in case you want to try it:
NPSWF32_11_7_700_202_hex.7z

NPSWF32_11_7_700_202_hex1.7z (at mediafire.com)

As I said, I haven't knowledge to know how to unlock them too. (I wrongly hexed confused smiley)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2013 05:33PM by JohnHell.

Date: June 01, 2013 10:36PM

JohnHell
Ok, after I said this I tried and I've found that 11.7 (32bits version) is "hexable" (I mean it ran in the test to play a couple of videos, I didn't test beyond) with the same unique data but it just keeps the temporary file, but it doesn't unlock it.

EDIT: I hexed wrongly, sorry, fixed confused smiley It fully works.

Just in case you want to try it:
NPSWF32_11_7_700_202_hex.7z

As I said, I haven't knowledge to know how to unlock them too. (I wrongly hexed confused smiley)

John,

I am curious about what went wrong with your first hex, considering that this particular version has caused me trouble in the past when I wanted to hex it.

And thanks for the download, much appreciated.

<g>

N

Date: June 01, 2013 10:50PM

ndebord
John,

I am curious about what went wrong with your first hex, considering that this particular version has caused me trouble in the past when I wanted to hex it.

<g>

The most ever stupid thing you could imagine... Instead replace 0014 6A02 6A00 for 0010 6A02 6A01 I wrote 0010 6A02 6A00.

In other words, I didn't replace the last hex value :/ I swear I did, but I didn't :/

But, even I said is fully working, I didn't fully test. I'll continue myself with 10.3 until the 9th of July, when they drop 10.3 for 11.7 for the extended support.

Also, I'm in Windows 2000, yet, so it should work in newer Windows OSs, but, remember, is only the 32 bit dll.

You are going to be the beta testers tongue sticking out smiley If it crash could be normal, because I just made the simple way of replace those values (I spent a little of time comparing the other 11.x hexed versions in this thread to check if was the only data to change).

Also, as I said, I found tonight that Youtube doesn't create temp files, as Dailymotion started time ago. It just creates chunks in the cache folder of the video being downloaded. So the only way is to use the Youtube Downloader HD or this Firefox plugin (I don't know if it can be ported to KM, I didn't even try).

EDIT: I found an interesting behavior it could happen to you in the past. If you leave a copy of the original dll in the same folder, rename it, but you don't change the base name, this is starting with npswf32... what happens?, that the original dll (not hexed) is taken..., but if you rename it whatevernpswf32, then, is not taken.

Very interesting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2013 11:08PM by JohnHell.

Date: June 02, 2013 03:08PM

JohnHell
ndebord
John,

<g>

The most ever stupid thing you could imagine... Instead replace 0014 6A02 6A00 for 0010 6A02 6A01 I wrote 0010 6A02 6A00.

In other words, I didn't replace the last hex value :/ I swear I did, but I didn't :/

But, even I said is fully working, I didn't fully test. I'll continue myself with 10.3 until the 9th of July, when they drop 10.3 for 11.7 for the extended support.

Also, I'm in Windows 2000, yet, so it should work in newer Windows OSs, but, remember, is only the 32 bit dll.

You are going to be the beta testers tongue sticking out smiley If it crash could be normal, because I just made the simple way of replace those values (I spent a little of time comparing the other 11.x hexed versions in this thread to check if was the only data to change).

Also, as I said, I found tonight that Youtube doesn't create temp files, as Dailymotion started time ago. It just creates chunks in the cache folder of the video being downloaded. So the only way is to use the Youtube Downloader HD or this Firefox plugin (I don't know if it can be ported to KM, I didn't even try).

EDIT: I found an interesting behavior it could happen to you in the past. If you leave a copy of the original dll in the same folder, rename it, but you don't change the base name, this is starting with npswf32... what happens?, that the original dll (not hexed) is taken..., but if you rename it whatevernpswf32, then, is not taken.

Very interesting.

John,

I don't do YouTube, but it occurs to me that those of us who have worked to give Flash a working presence in KM, should decide on a site where we can put either the actual files (DLLs, etc.) or links to the files so that we can always find this kind of stuff.

I will continue to hex the 10xxxx version until Adobe kills it... I will look again at the 11xx that you made work and for the first time (ever) I shall look at YouTube. <wry grin>

N

Date: June 02, 2013 03:41PM

ndebord
John,

I don't do YouTube, but it occurs to me that those of us who have worked to give Flash a working presence in KM, should decide on a site where we can put either the actual files (DLLs, etc.) or links to the files so that we can always find this kind of stuff.

What do you mean? There is already the kmext.sf.net, right? Or this page itself.

If it is because Hotfile removes files after certain time or not accessed files I can upload to MediaFire as they didn't delete any of my stuff in years.

ndebord
I will continue to hex the 10xxxx version until Adobe kills it... I will look again at the 11xx that you made work and for the first time (ever) I shall look at YouTube. <wry grin>

It was only to change the data you/we posted. The only thing I did previously was to compare that previous 11.x versions (exactly 11.6.602.186) were hexed the same way than 10.3 with the help of the exeicon comparer I posted above.

As you see with my posting dates, I spent 2 hours testing and hexing in a virtual machine.

Date: June 02, 2013 04:08PM

duffy98

Duffy,

I figure if John can do it, so can I, when I get the chance to play again. And the YouTubeDownloader thingee is also good too. I will play with all at the end of next week when I get back into town.

HTML5 does not look all that good for open source people. They have a new standard (details escape me) which allows Hollywood to deny downloading rights for protected video, etc.

It is in flux right now, as the new standard as not yet been approved by the W3C , but its leader is for it, so probably it will become reality.

Flash is looking better and better to me. <sigh>

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2013 04:09PM by ndebord.

Date: June 14, 2013 12:31AM

Yogi,

Thanks for the links.

Version 10.xxxx

http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/08f7f65e

NPSWF32_10.3.183.90_hex.7z

NPSWF32_10.3.183.90_hex.dll

to

NPSWF32.DLL

N

Date: June 14, 2013 08:15AM

Thanks for the update smiling smiley
Unfortunately, it seems that you mistakenly uploaded the previous version again. If you unzip and look at the properties of the file it will show 10.3.183.86 instead of 10.3.183.90. MD5 checksum is also identical to that of the previous 10.3.183.86.

Date: June 14, 2013 03:56PM

http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/1ec7ff34

This is my version, and by my version I mean it is been hexed to remove the full screen message too, but I upload it to avoid ndebord to do it again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2013 03:57PM by JohnHell.

Date: June 15, 2013 10:10AM

Thanks smiling smiley

Date: June 15, 2013 03:32PM

JohnHell

This is my version, and by my version I mean it is been hexed to remove the full screen message too, but I upload it to avoid ndebord to do it again.

Thanks guys, don't know how I did that... too many old versions sticking around my computer. <sigh>

N

Date: June 19, 2013 03:02AM

JohnHell

Hi John,

Thanks for the posts... I did figure out how to hex the 11.xxx version and you're right, it takes up much more resources. I just finished (last night) upgrading my aging Dell D420 laptop to 2 gigs memory and I needed it all to make things run OK.

Still running XP PRO SP3, but I guess I'll get used to the 11.xx versions now. The problems from before, as you noted, seem to have been fixed, so am OK with moving on.

<g>

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-35b038ff.html

NPSWF32_11_7_700_224_hex.7z

NPSWF32_11_7_700_224.dll

to

NPSWF32.DLL

N

Posted by: panzer
Date: June 19, 2013 07:20AM

ndebord

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-35b038ff.html

Uncheck Use our download manager and get recommended downloads first - ESET complaining about it ...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.