Current Page: 10 of 20
Re: Flash Player versions 11.7.700.169 & 10.3.183.75 now available
Posted by: ndebord
Date: June 19, 2013 11:19AM

panzer
ndebord

Download the hexed flash dll in 7zip format from here:

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-35b038ff.html

Uncheck Use our download manager and get recommended downloads first - ESET complaining about it ...

Panzer,

What? I don't use ESET, but sounds like a false positive. You are saying the built-in download manager in KM is being picked up?

(Most of the time I use WackGet, as that is my favorite from the many choices that you can use in KM to supplement the normal process, but still, this sounds bad.)

Tks.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2013 11:26AM by ndebord.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: watch out
Date: June 19, 2013 02:27PM

ndebord
panzer
ndebord

Uncheck Use our download manager and get recommended downloads first - ESET complaining about it ...

Panzer,

What? I don't use ESET, but sounds like a false positive. You are saying the built-in download manager in KM is being picked up?

(Most of the time I use WackGet, as that is my favorite from the many choices that you can use in KM to supplement the normal process, but still, this sounds bad.)

Tks.

He means this http://i.imgur.com/1pcZS4w.jpg

Many file hosting sites use this method to distribute malware, adware, spyware etc.

Date: June 19, 2013 05:33PM

watch out
ndebord
panzer
ndebord

Panzer,

Tks.

He means this http://i.imgur.com/1pcZS4w.jpg

Many file hosting sites use this method to distribute malware, adware, spyware etc.

Ah-HA.... Didn't get it, but do now.

I just automatically ignore all those type requests... CNET is one of the worst, as after downloading you have to be very careful to remove all check marks and actively decline things to avoid having junk installed on your computer. <sigh>

Much thanks!

N

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: June 20, 2013 03:18PM

ndebord

Hi John,

Thanks for the posts... I did figure out how to hex the 11.xxx version and you're right, it takes up much more resources. I just finished (last night) upgrading my aging Dell D420 laptop to 2 gigs memory and I needed it all to make things run OK.

Still running XP PRO SP3, but I guess I'll get used to the 11.xx versions now. The problems from before, as you noted, seem to have been fixed, so am OK with moving on.

Yes, we'll have to get used to it sad smiley

Thanks for confirming the working "patchings" and my thoughts about resources. I didn't take much care about RAM, I guess it was high as ever does Flash, but what took my attention (I have the Task Manager ever loaded in the task bar) is that the CPU (I'm on a P4 2.8Ghz HT only) took about double the load than 10.3.x for the same video content content, even, they fixed the hardware acceleration I told previously. Before this fix, it was 100%, without chance.

I don't "play" much with 11.x yet, I just test if they fix things from time to time. When I switch definitely to 11.x I'll pay attention of the RAM and I'll try to remember to confirm it here too smiling smiley

Regards.

Date: June 21, 2013 05:28PM

JohnHell
ndebord

Hi John,

Thanks for the posts... I did figure out how to hex the 11.xxx version and you're right, it takes up much more resources. I just finished (last night) upgrading my aging Dell D420 laptop to 2 gigs memory and I needed it all to make things run OK.

Still running XP PRO SP3, but I guess I'll get used to the 11.xx versions now. The problems from before, as you noted, seem to have been fixed, so am OK with moving on.

Yes, we'll have to get used to it sad smiley

Thanks for confirming the working "patchings" and my thoughts about resources. I didn't take much care about RAM, I guess it was high as ever does Flash, but what took my attention (I have the Task Manager ever loaded in the task bar) is that the CPU (I'm on a P4 2.8Ghz HT only) took about double the load than 10.3.x for the same video content content, even, they fixed the hardware acceleration I told previously. Before this fix, it was 100%, without chance.

I don't "play" much with 11.x yet, I just test if they fix things from time to time. When I switch definitely to 11.x I'll pay attention of the RAM and I'll try to remember to confirm it here too smiling smiley

Regards.

John,

I guess I look at this as a wake up call. It is/was time to move to the 11.xx version anyhow, so I will do that from now on. I was looking for a better hex editor for Windows 7, as mine is a very old, DOS only one that works just fine in XP, but not in Windows 7 or Windows 8. Am still looking for now. (Gotta say that the one I have is great, just not very modern.)

N

Date: June 21, 2013 06:56PM

ndebord
I was looking for a better hex editor for Windows 7, as mine is a very old, DOS only one that works just fine in XP, but not in Windows 7 or Windows 8. Am still looking for now. (Gotta say that the one I have is great, just not very modern.)

I think XVI32 still works on Win7 (haven't tested myself). It's one of the most known FREE hex editors.
http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm

It's not super AAA application, but, hey, it's free! winking smiley

It's enough for the purpose smiling smiley

Date: June 22, 2013 01:45PM

JohnHell
ndebord
I was looking for a better hex editor for Windows 7, as mine is a very old, DOS only one that works just fine in XP, but not in Windows 7 or Windows 8. Am still looking for now. (Gotta say that the one I have is great, just not very modern.)

I think XVI32 still works on Win7 (haven't tested myself). It's one of the most known FREE hex editors.

John,

Just does hex editing, but elegant little design.I use a litle program called "dbug" that does hex and ascii edits, circa 1988. <wry grin> But it does not work in Windows 7 or above.

I just used hexedit to redo the 11.x dll and it worked just fine.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2013 01:46PM by ndebord.

Date: June 23, 2013 02:30AM

ndebord
JohnHell

John,

Just does hex editing, but elegant little design.I use a litle program called "dbug" that does hex and ascii edits, circa 1988. <wry grin> But it does not work in Windows 7 or above.

If by ASCII you mean edit the "text" of the binary, you can with XVI32, just click in the right pane or the left pane (the middle, actually, not the offset address pane) to switch from one mode to another. Or from the Tools menu smiling smiley

Anyway, whatever we use, works, and that is the important part smiling smiley

Regards smiling smiley

Date: June 23, 2013 12:48PM

JohnHell
ndebord
JohnHell

John,

If by ASCII you mean edit the "text" of the binary, you can with XVI32, just click in the right pane or the left pane (the middle, actually, not the offset address pane) to switch from one mode to another. Or from the Tools menu smiling smiley

Anyway, whatever we use, works, and that is the important part smiling smiley

Regards smiling smiley

John,

Yup, they both do the job, but yours is good for the next generation of operating systems. <g>

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2013 12:48PM by ndebord.

Re: Flash Player versions 11.7.700.232 now available
Date: July 10, 2013 02:43PM

Yesterday, they updated again, at the same time removed the legacy 10.3 from the updates and replaced with 11.7.700.232 (as a curious side note, its digital signature is from the 18th of June).

I upload it with "my" hex (remember, full screen hex thanks to Chronomaster utility, and keep temp files):

NPSWF32_11_7_700_232_hex.7z

I also checked the system footprint we talked about with the same video sample:
10.3 --> from 347MB up to 430MB of RAM (at full screen) and 25%/30% of CPU
11.7 --> from 349MB up to 445MB of RAM (at full screen) and 38%/45% of CPU

EDIT: fixed post title

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2013 02:44PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 10, 2013 11:01PM

@ JohnHell

They just updated again. I have
File name: NPSWF32_11_8_800_94.dll
Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800

They change so often that I wonder if they do it just for the idea of change.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: July 10, 2013 11:10PM

Yes, now the newest official is 11.8, and the legacy 11.7, instead 10.3 (or as they call them, extended support release).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2013 11:10PM by JohnHell.

Date: July 14, 2013 01:40PM

JohnHell
Yes, now the newest official is 11.8, and the legacy 11.7, instead 10.3 (or as they call them, extended support release).

Hi John,

Well they did say they were going to kill off 10.xxx...

Just saw your post... my aging Dell D-420 laptop's power plug died and along with it the internal Wifi... SIGH

Just got a new power plug and reinstalled an old Wifi dongle, so am back up for the first time in over a week. And had to reinstall XP which went terribly wrong the first few times around, but finally am mainly back up. Can't get my dos apps to works though (yet), so will look to use your hex editor instead.

Figure I'm 75 percent back. <shrug>

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 01:41PM by ndebord.

Date: July 15, 2013 12:24AM

ndebord
JohnHell

Hi John,

Just saw your post... my aging Dell D-420 laptop's power plug died and along with it the internal Wifi... SIGH

Just got a new power plug and reinstalled an old Wifi dongle, so am back up for the first time in over a week. And had to reinstall XP which went terribly wrong the first few times around, but finally am mainly back up. Can't get my dos apps to works though (yet), so will look to use your hex editor instead.

Ok, I left 11.8 patching for you, but as I use 11.7 from now on and I patch it, as well you were as you said, "out", I uploaded my patched for those anxious of a patched version winking smiley

I know they were going to kill 10.x. We already talked about that in this thread smiling smiley

I wish you the best, I know how frustrating is to set up a new Windows installation when you are busy winking smiley

Date: July 22, 2013 01:25PM

JohnHell
ndebord
JohnHell

Hi John,

Ok, I left 11.8 patching for you, but as I use 11.7 from now on and I patch it, as well you were as you said, "out", I uploaded my patched for those anxious of a patched version winking smiley

I know they were going to kill 10.x. We already talked about that in this thread smiling smiley

I wish you the best, I know how frustrating is to set up a new Windows installation when you are busy winking smiley

Hi John,

After looking around, I still think datafilehost is the best place to post these hexed versions. I am up and running now as good as can be expected with an older Dell D420 laptop and now a new WIFI dongle as the internal wifi is dead, dead, dead. <g>

Here is your version uploaded to datafileshost.

NPSWF32_11_8_800_94_hex.dll

http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/68fdafd5

NPSWF32_11_8_800_94_hex.7z
Extract the file from the 7zip archive, then rename it from

NPSWF32_11_8_800_94_hex.dll
to

NPSWF32.DLL

and copy it into K-Meleon's plugin folder.

N

Date: July 25, 2013 07:22PM

I have used the hexed plugin and have a <name>.tmp file. How do I view that file?

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: July 26, 2013 02:34PM

JamesD
I have used the hexed plugin and have a <name>.tmp file. How do I view that file?

JamesD, you can open the fla*.tmp directly in any player if you already have the needed splitters (flv and mp4) and the needed codecs (mpeg4, aac, vp6, etc). If you use Media Player Classic you won't need any special thing. Not to mention VLC, that just plays it without any hassle.

ndebord, datafilehost, keeps files 60 days only after the latest download, mediafire forever unless you stop using the account.

Maybe the download page is quite unfriendly in mediafire against datafilehost, but I don't think it's a big deal confused smiley

Date: July 26, 2013 03:24PM

Thanks,

I installed VLC and it will play the file. Is there any way to tell what extension I should use in place of the TMP that is there now? Perhaps SWF or some other know known extension so that VLC will start when I double click the file.

JamesD

Date: July 26, 2013 04:33PM

JamesD
Thanks,

I installed VLC and it will play the file. Is there any way to tell what extension I should use in place of the TMP that is there now? Perhaps SWF or some other know known extension so that VLC will start when I double click the file.

I didn't post in the previous post because maybe you could figure out, but you can do as with any other filetype, this is or through registry, or folder options (control panel) or, the easier way, with ContextEdit. The 1.1 was portable, in case you prefer it link

This is the key to edit, if you do manually, if you only want to take effect to your user only HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.tmp Or KHEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tmp for all.

Just add a shell option to open it with your desired player.

EDIT: I was watching a video BTW while I was replying here, and while I was watching it after I wrote the above... I was asking myself... "JamesD uses Win7, does it really have a file type manager?" I didn't remember exactly as I only use 7 virtualized just to test things and found it doesn't, so I recommend you to use the ContextEdit utility or try the defaults progrmas in 7, but I'm not sure right now if it has functions as associate new extensions.

I found too that NirSoft has an utility for this too among their other handy utilities:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2013 05:39PM by JohnHell.

Date: July 26, 2013 06:43PM

@ JohnHell

I just renamed the file with an extension of swf and it works quite well. I don't know if this was a lucky choice or if VLC looks at the file and chooses the correct codec. Any way, it now opens VLC from a double click on the file name.

In Win 7 there is an item in the control panel where you can set defaults and associations. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs has links where you can view/set defaults and view/set file associations. Note that .tmp does not show in the associations list.

Since the hexed plugin now saves video in %TEMP%, I might have to clean up that folder weekly instead of monthly in the future.

Thanks for the help.
James

JamesD

Date: July 26, 2013 09:15PM

JamesD
@ JohnHell

I just renamed the file with an extension of swf and it works quite well. I don't know if this was a lucky choice or if VLC looks at the file and chooses the correct codec. Any way, it now opens VLC from a double click on the file name.

In Win 7 there is an item in the control panel where you can set defaults and associations. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs has links where you can view/set defaults and view/set file associations. Note that .tmp does not show in the associations list.

Since the hexed plugin now saves video in %TEMP%, I might have to clean up that folder weekly instead of monthly in the future.

Thanks for the help.
James

Well, that's a quick way too ;-) But I'm too lazy to rename a file (could be valid flv, mp4 or swf, why not, VLC doesn't care much of extension but file headers, but not other players) and I made context options for tmp files.

.tmp won't appear in the association list because it doesn't need. .tmp files are (have been ever) just those useless temp files winking smiley who cares about them? hehe. But you can create it in the registry.

About the files being kept I started to use temporary RAMDisks. I create of x size and I set the windows temp folder system variable to that RAMDisk and when I finish, I reset all. Usually before log off and switch off the PC. Utilities used: imdisk for ramdisks and setx for system variable (from Windows resource kit).

In the other hand, I did this more for preserving hard disk life (at cost of RAM life) than space. You know, avoid continuous rewrite of hard disk space.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2013 09:21PM by JohnHell.

Date: July 27, 2013 03:34AM

JohnHell
JamesD

JamesD, you can open the fla*.tmp directly in any player if you already have the needed splitters (flv and mp4) and the needed codecs (mpeg4, aac, vp6, etc). If you use Media Player Classic you won't need any special thing. Not to mention VLC, that just plays it without any hassle.

ndebord, datafilehost, keeps files 60 days only after the latest download, mediafire forever unless you stop using the account.

Maybe the download page is quite unfriendly in mediafire against datafilehost, but I don't think it's a big deal confused smiley

John,

Sure, I'll try mediafire next time instead. <g>

N

Date: July 29, 2013 12:21AM

Thanks to all for help. I now have .tmp files open with VLC player and everything works really good.

JamesD

Date: September 16, 2013 10:45PM

Everyone,

Flash has been updated again:

http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/356e3be8

NPSWF32_11_8_800_168_hex.7z

Extract the file from the 7zip archive, then rename it from

NPSWF32_11_8_800_168.dll

to

NPSWF32.DLL

and copy it into K-Meleon's plugin folder.

<g>

N

Re: Flash Player versions 11.1.102.55
Posted by: DeepLake
Date: October 13, 2013 08:03AM

I'm very need file NPSWF32 11.1.102.55
Link in this topic died, can you help me reupload
Sorry for my bad english

Date: October 13, 2013 08:00PM

If you don't need the hexed version provided here, just that file version, you can download it form Adobe's Flash Archive

Date: October 14, 2013 03:06AM

Hi John,

FYI. It seems that Flash Player 11.9.900.117 is soon to be replaced by 118.... not sure why, but awfully fast for Adobe. Perhaps a bug fix?

N

Date: October 14, 2013 07:30PM

Are they going backwards? confused smiley

Who knows why? But I'm sticky in the legacy version (11.7)

Date: October 15, 2013 12:07AM

JohnHell
Are they going backwards? confused smiley

Who knows why? But I'm sticky in the legacy version (11.7)

John,

Don't know, but I think I'll skip 118 and wait for the official 119 before posting an update.

<shrug>

N

Posted by: zcher82
Date: December 12, 2013 04:20AM

anyone with an updated hexed file?

Pages: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 20

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.