General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Added boomarks dissapear after closing browser
Posted by: sploog321
Date: January 22, 2011 12:10AM

I've added yahoo to my Bookmarks toolbar and it's still there. When I try to bookmark another page, upon closing the browser, the added bookmark in the toolbar will dissapear.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Added boomarks dissapear after closing browser
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 22, 2011 05:38PM

sploog321
I've added yahoo to my Bookmarks toolbar and it's still there. When I try to bookmark another page, upon closing the browser, the added bookmark in the toolbar will dissapear.

Means that You have setup K-Meleon so that it does not have writing privileges in Your Profiles folder. That is the case after You have un-slected multi-user profiles during install. That choice is for portable K-Meleon or for Win9x, mainly.

Either: Delete ./program files/K-Meleon/profile.ini (that file makes that the Profiles is written into install directory - e.g. for a portable K-Meleon). After that file is deleted K-Meleon will create a new Profile in Your system's user data directory.

Else: Grant writing privileges to the K-Meleon user in

./program files/K-Meleon/profiles/"Name of the profile"

BTW. In rare cases the laking privileges are a windows fault.
If that is the case always do "Else".
Just in case You have had customized Your K-Meleon already You'd also do "Else".

p. s. This is no K-Meleon bug. Default settings should be used unless You want to create a portable setup; created new, independent profiles for testing, use a single user on a win 98x machine or know exactly what You are doing.

So this thread will be eventually relocated to General Forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2011 06:16PM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.