General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Utils.dll and Win 7
Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 22, 2010 09:02PM

I have gotten Beta 2 loaded on a new computer which has the 32 bit Win 7 operating system. As I began to load item, files, plugins, and macros, that I used on my XP system, KM failed. I have traced the problem to utils.dll from mark307. The version of utils that I have is dated 9/5/2006 has a filesize of 11,776 bytes. A support file has the name utils_9.txt but I may have named the file myself. I think there may have been a later version.

Can anyone supply a link to the later version? I have had little luck with search on the forum.

I need to get this solved because the FRA_combo extension installs this version of utils.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Utils.dll and Win 7
Posted by: siria
Date: December 22, 2010 09:30PM

Mark he had posted some months ago on his website, that his provider was going to close down service sad smiley
Fortunately disrupted saved his site on kmext smiling smiley

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/initiative/mark307.htm

Good that you figured out this prob, I guess utils.dll is contained in quite some macros. In which way did KM 'fail'?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2010 09:34PM by siria.

Date: December 22, 2010 11:38PM

Thanks siria.

I have downloaded #13 utils. Yes FRA_combo.kmm uses something from utils.

I will try the new utils in Win 7 and see if that solves problem.

Date: December 22, 2010 11:47PM

I put the utils 13 into kplugins and KM started just fine. I will do more testing and post the results.

Date: December 23, 2010 11:26PM

Some bad news, I think. I tried the newer utils.dll file and I have two macro modules which use items from there. They both fail KM when put into the macro folder. FRA_combo and Secur_Paste cause the program to fail to start.

So far, it seems that these calls to utils.dll will cause a failure.
pluginmsg(utils, "unlink", $_FRA_combo_FavFolder."\\.url");

pluginmsg(utils, "exec", "\"".$_SP_ListBox_Path."\\KMListBox.exe\" \"".$_SP_Box_Value_1."\" \"".$_SP_Box_Value_2."\"", 29000);

Both macro modules work fine under XP, but fail on Win 7.

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 24, 2010 10:58PM

Could be some problem with priviledge on Win7.
Is possible you need mark utils.dll like a trusted program to can exec correctly.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2010 11:02PM by desga2.

Date: December 25, 2010 12:36AM

@ desga2

I did not get a message from the UAC. When utils was present and either macro which called utils was present, then KM failed on startup. So I think it was not a permission issue, nor a digital certificate issue. I really don't know much about Win 7 yet. I have just gotten the machine.

Posted by: siria
Date: December 25, 2010 01:21AM

Perhaps Dependency Walker finds something?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.