General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Loader.exe not working(?)
Posted by: caktus
Date: December 17, 2010 04:49PM

I hope this post makes sense, I am medicated today.

When I click on a link or Internet Shortcut KM 1.5.4 takes about ten seconds to open a window. Also, when I click on the Loader.exe icon in the system tray after starting/restarting the computer, it takes ten seconds to open a window, after that the Loader.exe will open windows immediately. The only way I can open Internet links and shortcut immediately is when a KM window is already open.

I have run the SetDefault.exe several times and
I have re-downloaded and reinstalled KM 1.5.4 several times but nothing seems to fix the problem.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

Thank you.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Loader.exe not working(?)
Posted by: desga2
Date: December 17, 2010 07:52PM

What is your Windows version and what is the Loader.exe configuration?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: December 17, 2010 09:48PM

desga2
What is your Windows version and what is the Loader.exe configuration?

I am using XP Home with SP3. The Loader config is currently set to Preload browser engine (Default) but I have had it set to all configs with no change in KM's operation.

Charlie

Posted by: fyi
Date: December 18, 2010 12:22PM

kko
eDOC786
1. What’s the difference between Preload & Extreme………I mean in terms of system utilization like CPU etc…..my default page is blank…………what functions can extreme settings of autoloader affect?

Preload levels Fast, Faster and Extreme do all the same - they just preload the browser engine. Faster and Extreme originally did more, but that was a constant source of trouble (crashes) and was removed a couple of years ago.

Posted by: kko
Date: July 04, 2009 07:34PM
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,94533,94533

Date: December 28, 2010 05:16PM

Hi Guy's, thank you for the info. I thought I had posted a reply after fyi's post but apparently I screwed it up.

The problem continues. The first time I click on an Internet link or shortcut, the Task Manager indicates K-Meleon using up to 98% of CPU power. After about 10 seconds the Task Manager will indicate that KM is using 0% CPU power. Then, the second time I click on the same shortcut or link the Task Manager indicates that KM is using 16% to 17% CPU power as the window immediately opens.

This is by no means a "deal breaker" as the work around of simply keeping a KM window open evades the problem. But the fact that this problem continuing after having removed everything KM and re-downloading/installing KM several times is very puzzling.:s Does anyone have any other ideas what I may have done to cause this strange problem and how I might fix it?

Thank you.

Edit: Installed another new download of 1.5.4 and all seems find so far.

Charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2011 04:15PM by caktus.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.