General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: KM 1.6 and Adblock Plus
Posted by: ndebord
Date: February 04, 2011 11:28PM

jsnj
sliderule
I am using K-Meleon 1.6.2Beta with Windows XP SP3 and AdBlock.

I too have the AdBlock LINE, but, it is NOT a TOOLBAR. Let me explain.

If I go to Full Screen ( F11 ) . . . it still shows. Second, I changed the BACKGROUND colour of my toolbars . . . and . . . the AdBlock area is a DIFFERENT colour.

I suspect, but, cannot say for certain . . . it is part of MANIFEST ? ? ?

Just a thought.

Sliderule

jsnj
My XP machine is not working at the moment but if it's a manifest problem, try removing lines not applicable to KM. 30-35, then 1-8.

jsnj,

These are the relevant lines in the adblock manifest.

# Hack to make icon.png available as adblockplus.png in the skin
skin adblockplus_icon classic/1.0 ./
override chrome://adblockplus/skin/adblockplus.png chrome://adblockplus_icon/skin/icon.png

# fennec settings
override chrome://adblockplus/content/ui/settings.xul chrome://adblockplus/content/ui/fennecSettings.xul application={a23983c0-fd0e-11dc-95ff-0800200c9a66}

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sliderule
Date: February 04, 2011 11:28PM

jsnj
sliderule
I am using K-Meleon 1.6.2Beta with Windows XP SP3 and AdBlock.

I too have the AdBlock LINE, but, it is NOT a TOOLBAR. Let me explain.

If I go to Full Screen ( F11 ) . . . it still shows. Second, I changed the BACKGROUND colour of my toolbars . . . and . . . the AdBlock area is a DIFFERENT colour.

I suspect, but, cannot say for certain . . . it is part of MANIFEST ? ? ?

Just a thought.

Sliderule

My XP machine is not working at the moment but if it's a manifest problem, try removing lines not applicable to KM. 30-35, then 1-8.

I did remove the suggested lines from adblockplus.manifest located in the chrome directory, and, it did NOT make any difference.

Again, just a guess on my part, sorry.

Sliderule

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: February 08, 2011 06:39AM

jk’s version do not have toolbar showing problem, so i still use it, but it donot show any icon.
http://www.digivill.net/~joykillr/kmeleon/adblockplus-kmeleon-1.2.2-en-US-unofficial-0.5.zip

Date: February 09, 2011 05:07PM

chinarobin
jk’s version do not have toolbar showing problem, so i still use it, but it donot show any icon.
http://www.digivill.net/~joykillr/kmeleon/adblockplus-kmeleon-1.2.2-en-US-unofficial-0.5.zip

chinarobin,

Yup... great idea. I too have gone back to 1.2.2 for now. Don't need the icon so long as the fanboy list updates regularly.

Tks.

N

Posted by: caktus
Date: February 27, 2011 04:08PM

I tried AB+ 1.2.2 with KM 1.6b2. It did not work with 1.6b2 at all.

Just now trying AB+ 1.3.5a2 with KM 1.6b2 and so far it works entirely as expectedsmiling smiley except the AB+ icon still creates it's own dedicated tool bar which is tolerable considering that AB+ is of great value.smiling smiley

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: February 28, 2011 12:10AM

caktus

Just now trying AB+ 1.3.5a2 with KM 1.6b2 and so far it works entirely as expectedsmiling smiley except the AB+ icon still creates it's own dedicated tool bar which is tolerable considering that AB+ is of great value.smiling smiley

Charlie,

Aaach.... I'm using 1.2.2 with KM 1.6 beta 1 and it works just fine.

N

Date: February 28, 2011 03:18PM

ndebord
caktus

Charlie,

ndebord,

AB+ 1.2.2 seemed to place all the necessary files in the correct locations on 1.6b2, it even place the k-meleon plugin and macro extension entries in the correct Preferences locations. Perhaps AB+ 1.2.2 was actually working behind the scenes and I didn't realize it, which is entirely possible as I don't seem to realize a lot of things these days.:s

Charlie

Posted by: Matt
Date: February 28, 2011 06:52PM

caktus

Folks, grab the latest build https://adblockplus.org/devbuilds/adblockpluskmeleon/ and remember to thank Wladimir. He is a genius.

Date: February 28, 2011 07:22PM

caktus
ndebord
caktus

Charlie,

ndebord,

AB+ 1.2.2 seemed to place all the necessary files in the correct locations on 1.6b2, it even place the k-meleon plugin and macro extension entries in the correct Preferences locations. Perhaps AB+ 1.2.2 was actually working behind the scenes and I didn't realize it, which is entirely possible as I don't seem to realize a lot of things these days.:s

Charlie,

It hides in Tools as AdBlockPlus... works ok as near as I can tell, but I think I will now move on to Wladimir's latest and greatest! :-)

P.S. :-(

Take it all back... the latest ABP still has that dratted little icon on its own toolbar that you can't remove, so I just reverted to my saved KM and am back to using ADP 1.2.2.

SIGH

N

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2011 07:37PM by ndebord.

Date: March 01, 2011 09:36PM

ndebord
caktus
ndebord
caktus

Charlie,

ndebord,

Charlie,

It hides in Tools as AdBlockPlus... works ok as near as I can tell, but I think I will now move on to Wladimir's latest and greatest! :-)

P.S. :-(

Take it all back... the latest ABP still has that dratted little icon on its own toolbar that you can't remove, so I just reverted to my saved KM and am back to using ADP 1.2.2.

SIGH

I wish that "dratted little icon" would give up "its own toolbar" but I'm guessing it eventually will in good time.

Charlie

Posted by: fakey
Date: March 01, 2011 10:46PM

don't know what you guys are talking about
I installed 1.3.5b.157 from adblockplus.org and toolbar icon problem is gone for me.

Date: March 02, 2011 02:34AM

fakey
don't know what you guys are talking about
I installed 1.3.5b.157 from adblockplus.org and toolbar icon problem is gone for me.

fakey,

which version of KM did you install it on?

Tks

N

Posted by: fakey
Date: March 02, 2011 03:12AM

ndebord

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.17pre) Gecko K-Meleon/1.6.0
WindowsXP SP2

Date: March 02, 2011 04:17AM

fakey
ndebord

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.17pre) Gecko K-Meleon/1.6.0
WindowsXP SP2

fakey,

Tks... I installed it on:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.16pre) Gecko K-Meleon/1.6.0

or KM 1.6 beta 1, you are using KM 1.6 beta2.

I think I will try again with a fresh install of beta2 to see how it goes.

P.S. OK, it worked this time around. Why? Probably something leftover form previous ABP installs. One remaining bug. Whether or not you tell it to just use the status line for the little icon, it puts one on the toolbar. The kludge is to just use the toolbar icon and place it where you want it. Annoying, but usable now.

Much thanks for the heads up.

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2011 02:12PM by ndebord.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: March 02, 2011 06:42PM

ndebord
...One remaining bug. Whether or not you tell it to just use the status line for the little icon, it puts one on the toolbar. The kludge is to just use the toolbar icon and place it where you want it. Annoying, but usable now.

View - Toolbars - Adblock Plus

Date: March 02, 2011 07:55PM

I installed 1.3.5b.157 over previous ABP build (1.6 Beta2, XP SP3) and the toolbar problem is gone smiling smiley

Date: March 03, 2011 04:22AM

jsnj
ndebord
...One remaining bug. Whether or not you tell it to just use the status line for the little icon, it puts one on the toolbar. The kludge is to just use the toolbar icon and place it where you want it. Annoying, but usable now.

jsnj and Matt,

You both are correct.... I never looked in View/Toolbars... I now have AdBlock in the status bar... Nice! :=)

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2011 04:22AM by ndebord.

Posted by: luk3Z
Date: March 04, 2011 08:26AM

ndebord
jsnj
ndebord

jsnj and Matt,

You both are correct.... I never looked in View/Toolbars... I now have AdBlock in the status bar... Nice! :=)

I confirm this. It is working very well now smiling smiley

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?10,150634
K-Meleon Quick Reference:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/docs.php
Basilisk/KM/SM xpi converter:
https://www.addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
Best regards.

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: March 04, 2011 11:21PM

luk3Z
ndebord
jsnj
ndebord

jsnj and Matt,

I confirm this. It is working very well now smiling smiley

same here! newest ABP build 157 for KM 1.6b2 works great on my XP SP3 bedroom computer. now I just need to install ABP build 157 on the Vista SP2 laptop and check it there. grinning smiley

Posted by: sliderule
Date: March 05, 2011 03:03PM

4td8s
same here! newest ABP build 157 for KM 1.6b2 works great

I would just like to agree. I installed ABP build Adblock Plus for K-Meleon 1.3.5b.157 with a date of 2011-02-28 and it does work great. And the AdBlock Plus Toolbar is exactly as it should be.

As of the date of writing this .. . it can be found at:

https://adblockplus.org/devbuilds/adblockpluskmeleon/

The efforts of the team, both AdBlock Plus, and the K-Meleon team is much appreciated.

Sliderule

Posted by: ABP rocks
Date: March 05, 2011 04:35PM

What K-M version and what OS?

Mayby try a clean install, meaning delete compreg.dat and xpti.dat in components folder and then launch the browser.
The problem is probably on your side, Adblock Plus 1.3.5b.157 works for so many ppl here.

Date: March 23, 2011 04:59PM
Date: March 23, 2011 05:27PM

If I recall correctly, which may be highly questionable, 1.3.5 for K-Meleon worked excellently when I was using KM1.6b2. If I recall correctly, which too may be highly questionable, it only works with 1.6.

Charlie

ABP 1.3.5 for K-M released!
Date: March 26, 2011 04:56PM
Re: ABP 1.3.5 for K-M released!
Date: March 27, 2011 01:06AM

yup. ditto for ABP 1.3.5 for Firefox/Seamonkey browsers.

however, ABP 1.3.5 for K-meleon is for KM 1.6 only and not for KM 1.5 and earlier versions.

Date: March 27, 2011 09:53AM

4td8s
however, ABP 1.3.5 for K-meleon is for KM 1.6 only and not for KM 1.5 and earlier versions.

You really expect that Wladimir will support outdated, buggy Gecko 1.8? It's very kind of him to provide a version that supports K-Meleon.

Date: March 28, 2011 04:43PM

Matt

You really expect that Wladimir will support outdated, buggy Gecko 1.8? It's very kind of him to provide a version that supports K-Meleon.

I totally agree with you Matt. don't get me wrong or over-react on what I said earlier. just a reminder that the newest ABP for KM won't support older KM versions.

and I'm not sure if the new ABP will even work correctly under K-meleon 1.7 since that one is still in early alpha phases.

Re: ABP 1.3.7 for K-M released!
Posted by: ultimative
Date: May 12, 2011 02:59PM
Adblock Plus 1.3.8 for K-Meleon released!
Posted by: ultimative
Date: May 24, 2011 03:51PM
Re: Adblock Plus 1.3.8 for K-Meleon released!
Date: July 12, 2011 03:44PM

ABP 1.3.9 for KM 1.6 came out a few weeks ago:

https://adblockplus.org/en/changelog-1.3.9

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.